Man buys gold bars with 120,000 baht in ten baht coins

webfact

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

They should have charged him premium for counting the coins as no shop in Thailand that i know equipped to handle such volume of coins...

Well a gold shop obviously is

Equipped as they are with accurate scales (and the odd calculator laying about)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

netizens were wowed by a man who saved 120,000 baht in ten baht coins in just four years. 

Wowed! Has all intelligence left the brain? What do you think the gold shop was thinking?

I compliment people, esp. younger ones, who can save up, respect, but why must every single aspect of their lives be recorded, uploaded and shared? Mind boggling! 

Maybe I should make a Thick Tocker vid about me buying a chocolate bar at my local convenience store tomorrow. 

Edited by djayz
  • Haha 1

Again.... a non event 

Plenty of customers going to different banks every day to exchange their satangs and baht with banknotes and nobody bats an eyelid

it is the third time in a month

in my opinion, the guy was too lazy to queue at the bank

7 hours ago, djayz said:

I compliment people, esp. younger ones, who can save up, respect, but why must every single aspect of their lives be recorded, uploaded and shared? Mind boggling! 

Maybe I should make a Thick Tocker vid about me buying a chocolate bar at my local convenience store tomorrow. 

Hoping to make money on that ....Tik Tok  Youtube are businesses for the lucky and smart ones

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alyx said:

Hoping to make money on that ....Tik Tok  Youtube are businesses for the lucky and smart ones

People are making serious money in Tik Tok and You tube, I guess I wanted to change the vanity top in all my bathrooms (3 in total) in the USA. This was a brand new house I bought in 2004. Called a lot of independent plumbers to give me an estimate. Everybody came checked my bathroom and wanted to tear down my bathroom and do a bathroom re-modeling. I told them I wanted to replace the vanity top only (not even the vanity) not remodel my bathrooms. But all refused because they don't want to do small jobs. One guy even told me he could make more money making videos in Tik Tok than replacing my vanity top. LOL. At last found a guy who did it for $300. It took him less than 2 hours. Vanity tops are cultured marble that I bought from Menards for $200 total. 

Cultured Marble vs. Granite: Choosing the Best Material in 2022 | Marble.com

Edited by Onerak

4 hours ago, Onerak said:

People are making serious money in Tik Tok and You tube, I guess I wanted to change the vanity top in all my bathrooms (3 in total) in the USA. This was a brand new house I bought in 2004. Called a lot of independent plumbers to give me an estimate. Everybody came checked my bathroom and wanted to tear down my bathroom and do a bathroom re-modeling. I told them I wanted to replace the vanity top only (not even the vanity) not remodel my bathrooms. But all refused because they don't want to do small jobs. One guy even told me he could make more money making videos in Tik Tok than replacing my vanity top. LOL. At last found a guy who did it for $300. It took him less than 2 hours. Vanity tops are cultured marble that I bought from Menards for $200 total. 

Cultured Marble vs. Granite: Choosing the Best Material in 2022 | Marble.com

I had a relative who had a toilet that would not flush. He called in a plumber and they would not replace the toilet unless they redid the bathroom floor also.

He still lives with a toilet that barely flushes unless you use the plunger each time years later.

Funny thing is the floor actually feels unstable and it feels like I was going to fall through the floor last time I took a leak.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:02 PM, ezzra said:

They should have charged him premium for counting the coins as no shop in Thailand that i know equipped to handle such volume of coins...

Maybe business has been slow, they needed the business.

5 hours ago, JimTripper said:

He bought a 5 baht gold bar using 130k in 10 baht coins. Makes little sense.

If it makes him happy (as it would for millions of Thai folks) then why not?

My Thai son provides well for his wonderful Thai wife. She needs nothing.

For her birthday, Songkran and for Christmas he gives her a small very thin gold chain (real gold). She's in heaven. Ten minutes later it's in her box in the family safe.

She's a happy camper. It does have meaning. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

If it makes him happy (as it would for millions of Thai folks) then why not?

My Thai son provides well for his wonderful Thai wife. She needs nothing.

For her birthday, Songkran and for Christmas he gives her a small very thin gold chain (real gold). She's in heaven. Ten minutes later it's in her box in the family safe.

She's a happy camper. It does have meaning. 

Try again, you don’t get jokes well.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:00 AM, alyx said:

Plenty of customers going to different banks every day to exchange their satangs and baht with banknotes and nobody bats an eyelid

Last I was in the bank, someone withdrew what looked to me as around one million baht in bills and then put it in their bag.

Must confess, I did bat an eyelid ????

But actually, I think I once withdrew a few hundred thousand baht in cash myself, that is, I closed an account with SCB, I think it had 300,000 baht, I wanted to transfer it to another bank, but the daily max was 50,000 baht, so I just got the money in a big envelope, went to Krungthai, made a deposit, and no-one there bat an eyelid for my large cash deposit, maybe I should have requested the withdrawal be in 10 baht coins so I could get on TikTok…

Edited by lkn

4 minutes ago, lkn said:

Last I was in the bank, someone withdrew what looked to me as around one million baht in bills and then put it in their bag.

Must confess, I did bat an eyelid ????

But actually, I think I once withdrew a few hundred thousand baht in cash myself, that is, I closed an account with SCB, I think it had 300,000 baht, I wanted to transfer it to another bank, but the daily max was 50,000 baht, so I just got the money in a big envelope, went to Krungthai, made a deposit, and no-one there bat an eyelid for my large cash deposit, maybe I should have requested the withdrawal be in 10 baht coins so I could get on TikTok…

Trust me, daily occurence and you might have missed the era when people were depositing 25 Million baht in cash ( city Bank ) 

I have even witnessed a guy bringing much more to buy a flat on Sathorn

Also 1 million is only 30,000 US or so