Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Nice happy smile on the arm of a Ghanaian-born British Army officer.

Racist? Really? Don't look like it do it?

Hardly, she is the only victim in all this, pity William and Charles chucked her under the bus without thinking!

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:37 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

"Ms Fulani told ITV’s Good Morning Britain: “Although I didn’t experience physical violence, what I feel I experienced was a form of abuse.”

I feel that I've experienced "a form of abuse" many times in my life. Should I go on tv and say so as often as possible?

6 hours ago, proton said:

Hardly, she is the only victim in all this, pity William and Charles chucked her under the bus without thinking!

The "easily offended" woke media industry has made cowards of many of us, and I assume those two took the easy way out, as I'm sure many would also do. Charles, especially, IMO is trying to make it as king in an age where his very existence is questioned regularly.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 3:12 PM, RayC said:

Aka "The Good Old Days"

Undoubtedly, good for some, not good for others - but we're living in a different time now - evolving - you cannot change history.

I already alluded to evolving maleable precepts of social constructivism, and the resultant cognitive artefacts thereof, in my first post - albeit in a facetious manner.

If one were to look through the viewfinder of an ice cold speculum,  retroactively scrutinising anyones life history, they could easily be accused of racism, beit intentionally, by proxy, by apathy, as an enabler. Of course, there are always extremes in diversity - but this is not a mean definition of humanity or individualistic virtue, certainly not in my own experience of it sofar. 

A movement that would assign the many innocents that went before us to history and our education, earning the freedoms to vilify and retrospectively construe as racists, then employ to demoralise those that have further evolved ethically, as an 'atonement'...

Progressive ?

You learn from the past to affect evolution in perpective and ethos, for the future,. It can only truly be realised on an individual level. 

On 12/5/2022 at 3:55 PM, johnnybangkok said:

You were 'confused' enough not to know why Sistah was spelled the way it was and 'confused' enough to not know those were Rastafarian colours she was wearing. And you were certainly confused enough to think that Ngozi 'used (the) opportunity for distraction to further discord and, played the racist card, presumably with financial benefit'. That's a leap of reasoning more in line with many of the conspiracy thoeries being bandied around by other posters here.   

And I commented on 'flashing your credentials' as you were the one that thought it neccessary to write 'Am I racist?  Think not, have had many interactions with many nationalities over the course of my scholastic years to present day. Happily married to a Thai national with partial Chinese heritage, can't call me Xenophobic.'

I will 'accept' you're not racist but I do think you're confused. 

Dear Johnny,

Confused never.

Open minded always has to be the starting point..

Sister is never spelled "Sistah" unless one is trying to bastardize the English language, unless trying to be hip-hop etc.

Plumage displayed represented perhaps South African or a myriad of African nationalities.

Hiding behind being a Rastafarian didn't cross my mind !

"Trying to establish a "Refuge for Men with Families" in NZ who were subject of "domestic violence" I had a response of a threat of arrest by the District Commander as it didn't fit the D.V. narrative.

Refuge was established."

Is the above example "a conspiracy theory? Or has the pendulum swung too far, and Damocles Sword bares on every neck:

Kind regards

Paul

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2022 at 7:17 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I must be doing something wrong as can see the VDO but not the comments. Only lasted about 10 seconds of her, so put on mute.

Here you go , reported in the media the day after I stated as such .

Interesting that Ngozi says it was "horrific abuse from haters" online and that "love will always conquer hate" and it seems like it was posters disagreeing with her actions .

Its a dumbing down of intelligence levels , anyone who disagrees with me is a "hater , being abusive" 

https://news.sky.com/story/ngozi-fulani-black-charity-boss-describes-horrific-abuse-after-revealing-palace-remarks-12762481

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its a dumbing down of intelligence levels , anyone who disagrees with me is a "hater , being abusive" 

https://news.sky.com/story/ngozi-fulani-black-charity-boss-describes-horrific-abuse-after-revealing-palace-remarks-12762481

The charity worker didn’t say or imply that in the article you have posted. 

I wonder if she said any such thing anywhere. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

Dear Johnny,

Confused never.

Open minded always has to be the starting point..

Sister is never spelled "Sistah" unless one is trying to bastardize the English language, unless trying to be hip-hop etc.

Plumage displayed represented perhaps South African or a myriad of African nationalities.

Hiding behind being a Rastafarian didn't cross my mind !

"Trying to establish a "Refuge for Men with Families" in NZ who were subject of "domestic violence" I had a response of a threat of arrest by the District Commander as it didn't fit the D.V. narrative.

Refuge was established."

Is the above example "a conspiracy theory? Or has the pendulum swung too far, and Damocles Sword bares on every neck:

Kind regards

Paul

I'm not really sure what your point is here.

I've already cleared up the 'Sistah' bit for you in my previous post and corrected your wrong 'rainbow colours' ascertion by explaining they are Rastafarian colours NOT LGBTQ. 

The conspiracy theory I was refering to was when you said '...played the racist card, presumably with financial benefit'. There is non evidence any of this was, at the time, for financial benefit (although I'm sure plenty will now jump on this by saying it is now).

No idea what you are going on about with your "Refuge for Men with Families" though and no idea why it's relevant to this topic. 

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

I've already cleared up the 'Sistah' bit for you in my previous post and corrected your wrong 'rainbow colours' ascertion by explaining they are Rastafarian colours NOT LGBTQ. 

The conspiracy theory I was refering to was when you said '...played the racist card, presumably with financial benefit'. There is non evidence any of this was, at the time, for financial benefit (although I'm sure plenty will now jump on this by saying it is now).

No idea what you are going on about with your "Refuge for Men with Families" though and no idea why it's relevant to this topic. 

Keep safe "Bruvvah"

Kindest regards

Paul

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Credo said:

I generally fall more on the 'woke' side of these discussions, but I am truly conflicted on this one.  I don't think Lady Hussey's remarks were racist, per se.  Lady Hussey was wrong to inquire about it without knowing the person better.  She took a time and a place to ask that was apparently either frightening or intimidating -- not a wise thing to do.   

I suspect that the situation was perhaps a little overwhelming for Ngozi.  I am sure she could have easily brushed this aside and found a diplomatic non-response.   As a person who has often asked people mildly intrusive questions about their ethnicity or a particular accent, I usually get an enthusiastic response and a nice conversation.  If I don't, I quickly back off.  Lady Hussey, no doubt, is not used to being rebuffed and in spite of her background and education in diplomacy, she didn't. 

What could have been a teachable moment for both instead turned into an avoidable debacle.  Sad for all concerned.  I am sad that someone such as Lady Hussey has to leave her long, devoted career on such a sad note.  I also hope Ngozi can learn to be a little less defensive about her race and show some pride when given the chance to educate others.    

In reference to your last sentence. I think he real issue is that being less defensive about one's race gets a bit old after a few decades of hearing the same non woke message, if not outright racism time and time again. On the other hand, whites never suffer from this form of casual hegemony.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It must have been rather difficult for Ngozi , as she was using an African name and wearing African clothes and she is from the U.K of Caribbean heritage , so it may have been a bit embarrassing for her to answer, "I am from the U.K" whilst cosplaying as an African .

Ngozi doesn't usually wear African clothes , she dressed up for the event

She clearly stated she was British and showed no embarrassment at doing so.

hussey didn’t accept this answer and continued her questioning with the question “no where are you really from?”

That was racism in action.  

19 hours ago, ozimoron said:

In reference to your last sentence. I think he real issue is that being less defensive about one's race gets a bit old after a few decades of hearing the same non woke message, if not outright racism time and time again. On the other hand, whites never suffer from this form of casual hegemony.

"Race " want mentioned though , Ngozi was wearing clothes that foreign people ware and she got asked which Country her and her clothes are from  .

Had she been wearing her normal clothes that she usually wears , tight black leather trousers and high heels , she wouldn't have been asked where she came from .

If a White guy attended the event wearing a military uniform from another County , he quite probably would have neem asked where he came from as well 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"Race " want mentioned though , Ngozi was wearing clothes that foreign people ware and she got asked which Country her and her clothes are from  .

Had she been wearing her normal clothes that she usually wears , tight black leather trousers and high heels , she wouldn't have been asked where she came from .

If a White guy attended the event wearing a military uniform from another County , he quite probably would have neem asked where he came from as well 

The charity worker made it clear she was British and yet the questioning continued as hussey refused to believe she was British.

That is racism. 

On 12/8/2022 at 5:02 AM, johnnybangkok said:

I've already cleared up the 'Sistah' bit for you in my previous post

I must have missed that and I just scrolled back a few pages and couldn't see it .

Her charity was a charity for Africans and Caribbean females  and  "Sistah" is predominantly used by Black females in reference to other Black females and her charity was set up for "Sistahs" and not for females in general , (Ngozi herself said that in a video I have already posted) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Her charity was a charity for Africans and Caribbean females 

That is untrue. It caterers to British citizens.

Or are you of the same apparent opinion as hussey regarding as to who can be considered British?

Edited by Bluespunk

Ngozi offers to visit Buckingham Place to educate the Royal Family   

Ngozi Fulani offers to visit Buckingham Palace to educate the royal family on 'cultural competency'

https://www.gbnews.uk/royal/ngozi-fulani-offers-to-visit-buckingham-palace-to-educate-the-royal-family-on-cultural-competency/402912

Edited by Scott
Font/formatting
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ngozi Fulani offers to visit Buckingham Palace to educate the royal family on 'cultural competency'

https://www.gbnews.uk/royal/ngozi-fulani-offers-to-visit-buckingham-palace-to-educate-the-royal-family-on-cultural-competency/402912

That is to be welcomed.

Let us hope such an educational experience will help prevent similar racist incidents in the future. 

Edited by Bluespunk

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

That is to be welcomed.

Let us hope such an educational experience will help prevent similar racist incidents in the future. 

I am no fan of the royal family but it is so condescending to say that she can 'educate' them. Have to be careful if you go to a party, a bit nervous amongst the so called socially elite, have a few drinks, maybe are having a bad day, that you don't say a sentence or two that could be construed as not totally appropriate and gets you labelled a racist for life. Lame. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am no fan of the royal family but it is so condescending to say that she can 'educate' them. Have to be careful if you go to a party, a bit nervous amongst the so called socially elite, have a few drinks, maybe are having a bad day, that you don't say a sentence or two that could be construed as not totally appropriate and gets you labelled a racist for life. Lame. 

None of that negates the need for education. That in itself should help reduce nervousness and make one aware that, no matter how bad a day you are having or how many drinks have been consumed, racism is never acceptable. 

Edited by Bluespunk

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Snowballs, melting and in hell come to mind about that.

She must know that there is probably zero chance of that, so is taking the P in my opinion.