What are you going to die of?

markclover

What are you going to die of?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Loads of elderly women slip and break hip + stroke out later or especially if they get the hip fixed they die of later complications of the surgery. Don't let your mother or auntie get hip surgery. Put em in a wheelchair and let them bide their time and say their goodbye's

3 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

Kidnapped by ISIS, shot 43 times and dropped into the Gulf of Oman from 2000 meters, attacked by a great hammerhead shark, dragged underwater to a depth of 100 meters……..but I survived.  Found my way to Pattaya.   Wore a gold chain at night, attacked by 26 ladyboys.   RIP to me.  

Funny! What a day.

Wish I'd been there.????????

2 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

i have had 3 strokes and i am still here biking and hiking

you need to get thrombilysed quickly other mates dropped dead

Were they in Thailand? what drug did they use? In UK NHS i think they refer to it as a clotbuster

Edited by scubascuba3

1 in pattaya ,a small stroke when having brekkers i morning...1  in uk 1 in bed asleep and another driving a car i was very lucky as if you have a stroke at the wheel you dont know it but you drive on the wrong side of the road without a care

aspirin may be good to take quickly but docs say no aspirin as you may have bleeding on the brain

but i took a small aspirin..as i had a speech defect and suspected something was wrong

the clot buster is a new drug but other mates died before it was on the market unfortunatly

On my mothers side, all died from heart attacks, her, her brother, mother and father. On my fathers side, they all lived into their 90s and died of old age, except my father, car accident. My poor mother, went in to have some kind of lung surgery, they found cancer, closed her up and gave her 6 months to live. Three days later had a stroke (I think due to the lung surgery), died within two weeks from a heart attack. My brother died of liver cancer, he had hepatitis for years. So--- I am in my mid 70s now, I have no idea.

I know of two with plans for their end. One got some kind of nerve disease where he lost all his hearing in bout 3 weeks and then his sight started to go. He was around 80. He went to the beach and was going to do that last long swim. On the way down to the water, he tripped, fell down and couldn't get up. A nice young couple came along and helped him back to his car.

The second, got on the bus in Nong Khai. As soon as I saw him, I thought "Please God, Don't have him sit next to me". Well, you know how that joker God is. This guy looked like walking death. His clothes hung on him like there wasn't anything underneath. He lid up an opium pipe on the bus. We got to talking. He was French, was told in France by the doctors there was nothing left to do, he was dying from liver cancer. So he came to Thailand. He figured he had a few days left, he hadn't had anything to eat in days and hadn't taken a sh*t in over a week. I asked him wasn't he afraid of getting busted by the cops, he said he had already had run ins with them, they didn't want to have anything to do with him as long as he kept moving on. He was on his way to Phuket to die on the beach. I was on my way the ChiengMai, we parted ways in Udon Thani.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

You mentioned Carbon Dioxide earlier. But that's not very nice. Nitrogen is better, plus some Single Malt (first) and morphine.

I used to freedive and passed out twice and if no safety diver with me, I would have been gone already. . It was like sliding doors where everything went black. No pain, no nothing. 

It was a medium deep dive for me with hang time at 32m, coming back up at 7m about, and thats when the lungs starts to expand fully again, and blackout at 3:44

At that time I could hold my breath over 6 minutes, and personal best 6:30

Deepest record dives working time to 120m is about 3:30 - 4 minutes. Different diciplines but still abaut same working time. 

Edited by Hummin

22 hours ago, simon43 said:

Slipping over in the shower is quite a common cause of death for older folk I think.  I've read of several deaths of forum/other forum members in this manner.

Ron from The Chiang Mai Saloon is one old boy I can think of who died in this way

RIP.

• 5 months later...

This is a thought-provoking question! I want to live a long, happy life full of adventure and wisdom. I want to accumulate a wealth of experiences and go through different stages of life, enjoying every moment. Life is a fantastic journey, and I hope to fill it with joy and happiness!

Old age, or should I say older age ... sooner or hopefully later.   Already pass my expiration date of 67.7 yrs.

Probably, hopefully, cardiac arrest in my sleep, as everything seems to be working OK at the moment.

On 5/24/2023 at 4:48 PM, Matteball said:

This is a thought-provoking question! I want to live a long, happy life full of adventure and wisdom. I want to accumulate a wealth of experiences and go through different stages of life, enjoying every moment. And, of course, at the end of my journey, I would like my children to give me a granite base for bronze marker to celebrate my merits and contributions to their lives.

But the most important thing for me is to be there for my loved ones, create beautiful memories with them, and pass on love and wisdom to generations. Life is a fantastic journey, and I hope to fill it with joy and happiness!