Transgender Navy Seal changes back after "worst mistake of his life"

Social Media

Ex-Navy SEAL who transitioned from male to female says he's now transitioning BACK: Blasts VA for giving him hormones after an hour-long consultation, and calls sex change 'the worst mistake of my life'

• Kristin Beck, 55, the first openly transgender Navy SEAL is now transitioning back to a man and their previous name, Chris Beck
  • He is now turning his attention to the health of young people who are considering making similar choices to his own
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Ok. Obvious question is this:  Did he/she have a body part removed when he/she first transitioned? 

"Beck underwent grueling facial feminization surgery, but stopped short of a full gender reassignment that would have switched his male genitalia for female private parts. "

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Sigh...

Yes.

Pretty sad really.. These days there are so many online and conventional  brain washing media outlets bombarding susceptible peoples minds , that those unable to think things through carefully and logically for themselves fall prey to charlatans offering

' solutions ' to issues that would have previously involved a whole lot more caution and thinking things through.

• Like 1

Wow, I can't believe Chris Beck is actually Chris Beck again! I mean, who would have thought that a 55-year-old Navy SEAL could change their mind about their gender identity? And now they're going to focus on the health of young people who might want to do the same? I'm sure that will be a total breeze for them. Good luck with that, Kristin-I mean, Chris!

Edited by goloeilmanz
  • Like 1

,"I was used … I was very naive, I was in a really bad way and I got taken advantage of. I got propagandized. I got used badly by a lot of people who had knowledge way beyond me. They knew what they were doing. I didn’t," he said during the interview.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Yes.

Pretty sad really.. These days there are so many online and conventional  brain washing media outlets bombarding susceptible peoples minds , that those unable to think things through carefully and logically for themselves fall prey to charlatans offering

' solutions ' to issues that would have previously involved a whole lot more caution and thinking things through.

Or even "solutions" to things that would not even be issues were it not for the same online hogwash

PH

From the O.P link

65481549-11527307-image-a-25_1670809536769.jpg

"Beck is pictured riding their motorcycle with a dog in the passenger seat"

Thanks for pointing out that there's a dog and its in the passenger seat , wouldn't want to be mistaken and think that the dog is driving the motorbike and its Beck in the passenger seat  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes and some people that are well screened will only realize later that they made a mistake. Life and the pursuit of happiness is messy. There are no guarantees regardless.

But the reactionary generally far right wing people that act like variations in gender id are not real issues for many people need to be strongly resisted.

They just want scapegoats. 

The Pursuit of Happiness

(TPOH).

What a brilliant Canadian band.

"I'm an Adult Now"".????????

11 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Not really true, and try to stay calm.

There are millions of Tomboys, ladyboys or other genders both here and back in our home countries.

They all appear to think they were born as something else.

I can't comprehend it, but I guess that is not my job (our yours.)????????

Calm....LOL

Like I said in my post, you can't change your biology, i.e. how you were born, you were either born a male or a female, simple really.

What one does to their body or how one chooses their partner, male + male or female + female or transgender + male or female is up to them, again, simple really.

I don't judge, we all have a right to choose how we want to live and with who, but in reality, it's all BS because most people can't get a handle on it, and those who want to change i.e. transgender will only find that they really aren't accepted in my opinion, albeit it in Thailand they are and that's a great thing.

I know a few of all types and never had an issue with accepting who they choose to be or how they act, talk etc, if they feel comfortable with who they are, that is all what it's all about, not what society wants them to be or act, it beats the sheet out of some loonies at the top, married with kids creating wars.

I therefore ask who should be judged, e.g. a human who creates no problems in society and wants to be who they want to be without creating issues, or one who creates wars, killing countless amounts people for territorial gains or some other BS, yet society will judge those who want to change their being in a way as to how they fit in their skin, as opposed to the madmen at the top, that's all.  

DEEP:stoner:

Edited by 4MyEgo

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So that's the story of one person and of course there are others.

There are also people who have transitioned that are very happy that they did.

Neither proves it's always right or wrong to do so. 

It is of course a massively impactful decision either way for those that feel that's what they need to do. 

Such people should be treated with compassion by society, not turned into political scapegoats by fascist politicians worldwide (Putin. DeSantis. Bolsonaro, etc.).

Just so you don't think I'm trying to spout a one side narrative about this issue, I would refer you to some content by Bill Maher where he correctly points out there is a trendy aspect to this amoung young people. He points out it's much more common in LA to encounter young people that are transitioning vs. Middle America. While of course people in conservative areas are more likely to feel oppressed and not pursue their happiness, it can't be discounted that trendiness is a factor. It's a shame that anyone would go in this direction for that reason.

There are no simple answers.

People considering this really do need psychological professionals to help objectively evaluate each case.

I am going to have to go ahead and agree with you there, Jing (shock).

A lot of it seems social rather than psychological.  Of course there are people with genuine issues and psychological conditions, they deserve our sympathy and a chance to get treated. 

But there is sometimes a rush to "accept" what people feel at first blush and then go too far too fast.  I mean, kids who aren't allowed to cross the street alone or who believe in the Easter Bunny are not the best arbiters of their own gender identity. 

Well young people have always gone through phases.

Sometime they stick and sometimes they don't.

I knew two people while young that told me they felt they were female in a male body 

That was shocking  and definitely wasn't trendy back then.

One turned out to be cisgender gay and the other cisgender straight.

Also even the guys I knew that were into just gay stuff turned out to be straight.

Very disappointing.

Adolescents and their parents shouldn't jump to premature conclusions. It's natural to experiment and try on different hats.

My favorite peer growing up was an openly bisexual adonis that enjoyed dropping acid while getting top marks and being the star quarterback of my high school football team. I don't know how he turned out. I suspect he peaked in high school.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1