Sending important documents from Thailand to UK

Speedo1968

I have a number of important documents ( about 10 pages ) to send to UK.
Due to current labour problems with strikes / proposed strikes  in UK and also allowing for Christmas / New Year any suggestions for best way to send documents from here ?
Not sure if recipient would be at home during normal delivery times to sign for documents.

I have used DHL to courier important documents from Thailand to New Zealand and it only took around three days as I recall. Luckily the documents were for a legal matter and there was somebody there to receive them – – very important as Liverpool Lou has said.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I have used DHL to courier important documents from Thailand to New Zealand and it only took around three days as I recall. Luckily the documents were for a legal matter and there was somebody there to receive them – – very important as Liverpool Lou has said.

If no-one was there wouldn't they contact the receiver to arrange a delivery, when I sent a package with Fed Ex few years ago that's what they did.

22 minutes ago, roo860 said:

If no-one was there wouldn't they contact the receiver to arrange a delivery, when I sent a package with Fed Ex few years ago that's what they did.

Thinking back on it, I had to provide a phone number for them to contact when it reached New Zealand, so I do believe you are right in what you say.

• Thumbs Up 2

I used DHL for documents I sent to Germany in the past. Flawless service. 

Do not use USPS. I used it once... took ages to arrive. Dummkopf me didn't learn from that first time and used it again... delayed forever and almost missed a deadline for submitting important documents. They have a habit of holding shipments at Shenzhen and Changi for god knows how long. Calling their CS will test the limits of one's patience.

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

OP - Thanks for your comment.
That's what I was hoping they would do ( phone contact ).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2022 at 1:44 PM, KannikaP said:

Scan & email them. A Financial company told me they needed 'wet' signatures. I asked whether they would be able to tell the difference. They said NO and accepted the scans.

OP - an idea but there are originals and copies to be sent including old ones that may not scan well.
Will check with DHL.

18 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

OP - an idea but there are originals and copies to be sent including old ones that may not scan well.
Will check with DHL.

You can scan as jpgs, then enhance with say Microsoft Photos. The scanning quality will depend on your scanner.