Swedish man falls from second floor of hotel in Patong, survives with injuries

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Patong – A Swedish man has survived after he fell from the second floor of a hotel in Patong.

The Patong Police told the Phuket Express that they were notified that a foreign man fell from a hotel last night (December 12th) on Sawatdirak Road near the Sai Namyen Intersection.

Emergency responders and Police arrived at the scene to find the man who was later identified as Mr. Bo Peter Svensson, 64, a Swedish national. He had sustained several injuries and was taken to a local hospital.

The hotel owner, Ms. Supaphon Wachirawarkan, 52, told police that the Swedish man checked in at the hotel on the second floor alone.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/12/13/swedish-man-falls-from-second-floor-of-hotel-in-patong-survives-with-injuries/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-12-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Or accident from very low railing

I find that Thai hotel balconies scary because of the low balustrade . I ask for a ground floor room if possible if not I will lock the balcony door and place a chair in front of the doors to discourage me from using the balcony when I have had a few beers .

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew strong said:

Unlikely to be suicide I wouldn’t have thought. Plenty of high rises available if that was his intention. 

I love the way people always try and rationalise (potential) suicide attempts. People who attempt suicide are not in any rational state of mind and these laws of logic simply don't usually apply.

I agree, however, that there's nothing in the story to indicate a suicide attempt.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Can you point out a balcony?

Bottom left picture.

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

I love the way people always try and rationalise (potential) suicide attempts. People who attempt suicide are not in any rational state of mind and these laws of logic simply don't usually apply.

I agree, however, that there's nothing in the story to indicate a suicide attempt.

Bottom left picture.

It looks like a roof overhang without railing.

14 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Do they have tourist hotels in Utah without railings on the balcony?

Do you think they would be able to trade like that?

From google:

swede.JPG.4201661c7afc94ffd3aadd494c8b0b87.JPG

This hotel has a swastika on the front! I wouldn't stay in such a place, even knowing that this reverse swastika means something totally different in Asia... 

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm constantly amazed at how many people comment without bothering to read the linked article.

Agreed... from the link:

Quote:

December 12th. Staffers claim that he was intoxicated. After that, Ms. Supaphon heard something fall before finding out it was the Swedish man.

Police found no sign of a disturbance in Mr. Svensson’s hotel room, however, alcoholic drinks were found strewn around inside the room. At this stage, police believe it was an accident.

• Like 1