Bolt Taxi in Pattaya

Danderman123

On 7/24/2024 at 8:09 AM, Danderman123 said:

Sometimes a driver will call to talk. If they can't speak English, this invariably results in cancellation of the ride, because they want more money, but don't want to put it in writing.

Sometimes they need more specific directions. If you can't speak Thai, you're screwed. That's why I keep written directions for places in a clipboard app to paste in a chat msg as soon as the driver confirms.

58 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Sometimes they need more specific directions. If you can't speak Thai, you're screwed. That's why I keep written directions for places in a clipboard app to paste in a chat msg as soon as the driver confirms.

There is a Chat function in Bolt with automatic translation.

If a driver doesn't want to communicate in writing it's because he wants to negotiate for more money.

• Agree 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

There is a Chat function in Bolt with automatic translation.

And that's exactly what I use, as noted. It's not a speech to speech/text translation, BTW.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

If a driver doesn't want to communicate in writing it's because he wants to negotiate for more money.

No, as noted. I've only been called for directions, and texted for more money. Sorry, I know how much you want to cling your little rule.