Female Motorcyclist Crushed to Death by Six-Wheeler in Sri Racha

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Do you find you get beeped and buzzed? My bike is not that fast and I am often overtaken with very little clearance... and lane, and lane markings, are not observed in Thailand.... (certainly my Pattaya area). The locals certainly cannot hold a lane round a bend!

Thats my reason for advocating for bigger bikes if you ride places where you can not keep up with the speed. 

Did touring with a pillion on a pcx, and claimed my safety space to the left, but it didnt take many months before I bought a 500. Just insane riding a small bike in Thailand. My experience

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Do you find you get beeped and buzzed? My bike is not that fast and I am often overtaken with very little clearance... and lane, and lane markings, are not observed in Thailand.... (certainly my Pattaya area). 

No that has happened to me. I don't use the scooter for longer rides only in and around town (Chiang Mai). On my 500 cc bike I can accelerate faster than most cars and thus get out of trouble.

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Did touring with a pillion on a pcx, and claimed my safety space to the left, but it didnt take many months before I bought a 500. Just insane riding a small bike in Thailand. My experience

Great around town, but not the best once out on a serious road. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

Looking at the Photo he was passing her with about 2m clearance.

Whatever exaggerated figure you come up with it was not enough clearance to overtake safely. He is literally required to give her the WHOLE lane. There is no law which allows a vehicle to pass in the same lane.

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Looking at the Photo he was passing her with about 2m clearance.

Well since he rolled  over her head that might be questionable..... bikes will undertake, trucks will try and squeeze past..... as a small bike rider, I am very worried by large vehicles... cement trucks at the top of the list!

That said, I also drive a pickup and young girls do crazy things!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

There's a very high chance she was undertaking. Normal practice for Thai motorcyclists.

Unless you can substantiate that comment you are trolling. It was not mentioned in the article. What was mentioned is that the truck driver was charged. You're all sympathy for the truck driver and none for the victim. Just victim blaming. Disgusting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keep Right said:

I was referring to foreigners who do have a choice but yet for some reason, (money, ignorance, stupidity, etc) get on a motorbike.

I have been riding a motorbike over most of Thailand, Bangkok, and Pattaya for the last 15 years without any accidents involving traffic.

If you are always aware of the stupid Somchai's and Lek's on the road and ride accordingly, and have genuine common sense, you will be completely safe 99.9% of the time.

2 hours ago, jchfriis said:

This is the reason I claim my space when riding a motorbike. I keep up with the speed of traffic and stay in the middle of my lane. If you want to overtake me you have to overtake as if I was driving a car.

I would not even try to keep up with the speed of traffic, especially on a highway, most of them are travelling at around 100 KPH. I will never ride at anywhere near that speed, unlike most other traffic, I am on two wheels. There is a reason why about 80% of road fatalities are people on motorbikes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jchfriis said:

No that has happened to me. I don't use the scooter for longer rides only in and around town (Chiang Mai). On my 500 cc bike I can accelerate faster than most cars and thus get out of trouble.

Yes, and you end up going that fast then hit bits of bad road, and you are in trouble, never mind getting out of it. I ride a Forza 300 but still ride as if I was on a 125 Honda Wave.

16 hours ago, NE1 said:

While the two of them were traveling home, Wannapa’s vehicle accidentally tripped over a pothole and fell, Somsri stated. The truck beside her then ran over the victim and instantly killed her.

The unidentified truck driver was taken to the Sri Racha police station for legal charges.

I hope they are not charging the poor sod with her death , which while sad , has nothing to do with him.

He must have been very close to her so he was partly responsible for her death.

The fatalists would say that an accident is in accord with the dictates of destiny and thus must be accepted unquestionably. The pragmatists, more realistically, would opine that there are no "accidents" but there are "reasons" which need to be investigated and acted upon. 

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

It would seem poor road maintenance (pothole) led to the m/c falling into the path of the passing truck.

There's no pothole on the concrete road. She was likely riding on the verge and got sucked into the truck when it passed or hit a hole in the verge.

Still don't understand all this victim blaming. Bottom line, the truck should have given her adequate clearance.

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

There's no pothole on the concrete road. She was likely riding on the verge and got sucked into the truck when it passed or hit a hole in the verge.

Still don't understand all this victim blaming. Bottom line, the truck should have given her adequate clearance.

You really cannot just say its victim blaming and so the driver must be in the wrong , that's an simplistic way of viewing the situation .

You are attempting to blame the driver , whereas the reality seems to be that the driver wasn't at fault and the cause of the accident  is the road condition .

Could be argued that the victim should have stayed behind the truck and not tried to overtake .

Seems like the driver wasn't at fault 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You really cannot just say its victim blaming and so the driver must be in the wrong , that's an simplistic way of viewing the situation .

You are attempting to blame the driver , whereas the reality seems to be that the driver wasn't at fault and the cause of the accident  is the road condition .

Could be argued that the victim should have stayed behind the truck and not tried to overtake .

Seems like the driver wasn't at fault 

What part of he's he's required by law to give her the entire lane don't you understand?

9 hours ago, jchfriis said:

This is the reason I claim my space when riding a motorbike. I keep up with the speed of traffic and stay in the middle of my lane. If you want to overtake me you have to overtake as if I was driving a car.

A 125 cc motorcycle which most are riding here in Thailand is incapable of keeping up with the traffic . 

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Could you post a link to that law ?

Where was the truck supposed to go ?

Just like in your country. As in your country he's supposed to drive behind her and overtake in the oncoming lane when its safe. Why would you imagine that it's somehow different in Thailand? Let it go, you're just wrong.