How did President Zelensky get to Washington?

Scott

11 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Never seen RT news whatever that is.

Sweden and Finland have been offered NATO membership and certainly have no MAP of 5 to 10 year time frame.

https://www.swedenabroad.se/en/embassies/usa-washington/current/news/sweden-applies-for-nato-membership/

Its only for Georgia and Ukraine and the country needs reforms before membership is granted.

I already provided a link to the 5 - 10 year period.

Sweden and Finland as you well know are not at war and have a fully developed military, government and democracy. 

Edited by Bkk Brian

55 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I already provided a link to the 5 - 10 year period.

Sweden and Finland as you well know are not at war and have a fully developed military, government and democracy. 

''have a fully developed military, government and democracy.''

Exactly.

You are opposing all my posts yet in the same breath backing it all up with your own links and posts!?

Just now, ed strong said:

''have a fully developed military, government and democracy.''

Exactly.

You are opposing all my posts yet in the same breath backing it all up with your own links and posts!?

How exactly is that agreeing with your post that you still have not substantiated? Do you want reminding of it yet again? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

How exactly is that agreeing with your post that you still have not substantiated? Do you want reminding of it yet again? 

I said Ukraine needed to make some reforms before it was allowed to be considered to join Nato and you then opposed it but also posted a link that said ''that it needed to make reforms before having Nato membership, (Atlantic something or other .com)

Prospective embers need to show a ''fully developed military, government and democracy''. Break those 3 things down and you will get to exactly what i posted earlier.

1 minute ago, ed strong said:

I said Ukraine needed to make some reforms before it was allowed to be considered to join Nato and you then opposed it but also posted a link that said ''that it needed to make reforms before having Nato membership, (Atlantic something or other .com)

Prospective embers need to show a ''fully developed military, government and democracy''. Break those 3 things down and you will get to exactly what i posted earlier.

No you said:

"They weren't aloud to join as they have missed so many European Union, International Monetary Fund, and U.S. reform encouragements since 2014.

This is further undercut by the reality that Ukraine is not in control of all of its territory. Russia has annexed Crimea and supports separatist republics in the Donbas"

So.................

They weren't aloud to join as they have missed so many European Union, International Monetary Fund, and U.S. reform encouragements since 2014

Please provide a link to this claim.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No you said:

"They weren't aloud to join as they have missed so many European Union, International Monetary Fund, and U.S. reform encouragements since 2014.

This is further undercut by the reality that Ukraine is not in control of all of its territory. Russia has annexed Crimea and supports separatist republics in the Donbas"

So.................

They weren't aloud to join as they have missed so many European Union, International Monetary Fund, and U.S. reform encouragements since 2014

Please provide a link to this claim.

These are quotes from the Henrik Larsen who served as political advisor for the EU in Ukraine from 2014 - 2019

Link here....https://warontherocks.com/2021/06/why-nato-should-not-offer-ukraine-and-georgia-membership-action-plans/

26 minutes ago, ed strong said:

You can buy his book here if you're interesting in further info..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NATOs-Democratic-Retrenchment-Heemony-Security/dp/1138585289

Why would I want to spend money on a book when the internet provides free information?

31 minutes ago, ed strong said:

These are quotes from the Henrik Larsen who served as political advisor for the EU in Ukraine from 2014 - 2019

Link here....https://warontherocks.com/2021/06/why-nato-should-not-offer-ukraine-and-georgia-membership-action-plans/

So instead of copying and pasting your original post from this link above and passing it off as your own, why did you not attribute it rather than argue that my links portrayed the same, which they don't?

I'm not going to debate with you further as your article from Larsen is clearly opposing Ukraine joining NATO 

"WHY NATO SHOULD NOT OFFER UKRAINE AND GEORGIA MEMBERSHIP ACTION PLANS"

Edited by Bkk Brian

On 12/23/2022 at 7:31 PM, Bkk Brian said:

"why the Trumpian populist right is consumed w/hatred for Ukraine—a hatred clearly beyond concerns about the US spending a very small portion of our military budget, or about the nonexistent involvement of American troops—doesn’t have a simple answer."

Putin’s Useful Idiots: Right Wingers Lose It Over Zelensky Visit

The anti-Ukraine right can’t stand America standing as the arsenal of democracy.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s surprise arrival in Washington on Wednesday for a meeting with President Joe Biden and a speech before Congress has unhinged the always-seething anti-Ukraine Trumpian right, triggering a deluge of snark and grievance.

Then there was this from Red State commentator Brandon Morse, asserting that Zelensky has done much more damage to the United States than the January 6th rioters:

https://www.thebulwark.com/putins-useful-idiots-right-wingers-lose-it-over-zelensky-visit/

I agree with his conclusion (3 sentences to comply with rules but there is more) but recommend to scroll straight to the end of the article.

The question of why the Trumpian populist right is so consumed with hatred for Ukraine—a hatred that clearly goes beyond concerns about U.S. spending, a very small portion of our military budget, or about the nonexistent involvement of American troops—doesn’t have a simple answer. Partly, it’s simply partisanship: If the libs are for it, we’re against it, and the more offensively the better. (And if the pre-Trump Republican establishment is also for it, then we’re even more against it.) Partly, it’s the belief that Ukrainian democracy is a Biden/Obama/Hillary Clinton/”Deep State” project, all the more suspect because it’s related to Trump’s first impeachment.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why would I want to spend money on a book when the internet provides free information?

So instead of copying and pasting your original post from this link above and passing it off as your own, why did you not attribute it rather than argue that my links portrayed the same, which they don't?

I'm not going to debate with you further as your article from Larsen is clearly opposing Ukraine joining NATO 

"WHY NATO SHOULD NOT OFFER UKRAINE AND GEORGIA MEMBERSHIP ACTION PLANS"

"I'm not going to debate with you further"

Classic response ????

Seriously thank god for that, I'm out too.

Merry Xmas.

On 12/25/2022 at 1:44 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Dishonest debating deserves nothing less.

'Dishonest Debating' Now you are just making up terms that no one has ever used before.

Please contradict anything i have written, its all backed up with links ( As i know you don't read books only stuff on the internet, your words)

6 minutes ago, ed strong said:

'Dishonest Debating' Now you are just making up terms that no one has ever used before.

Please contradict anything i have written, its all backed up with links ( As i know you don't read books only stuff on the internet, your words)

Nope don't read books as I stated, "Why would I want to spend money on a book when the internet provides free information"

The rest of your post falls under my previous "I'm not going to debate with you further" reasons already given

On 12/24/2022 at 3:55 AM, blazes said:

Such naughty boys and girls.  This  kind of  "watchfulness" is right out of Orwell and also reminds me of some schoolteachers whose day was perfect when they could put in detention those who tried to defy convention in some way.

At the end of the day, nothing is more cringeworthy than watching a roomful of grown-ups (over 400 of them) rising as (nearly) one to applaud whatever lies are being spouted at that particular moment. 

Shameful picture of a debased civilization.

That happens often when any celebraty politician is speaking there in the House.   Does not matter which side of the aisle the favored speaker is on. 

On 12/23/2022 at 7:18 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Agree, but one really has to ask oneself, why, why was this war created and how was it all planned as most are, fact of the matter is most keyboard warriors here and people around the world just point fingers at Putin thinking he is the aggressor, typically from the mainstream media that is feeding them the information that the US and others want them fed, all they do is blame, blame, blame, but can't see it's big business for the US & others.

Watch this space, the US and it's pony's will walk away soon as they have made enough money out of this and Ukraine will fall back into the hands of Russia.

Tis is not new, it's business, they invest and they win, in some cases, they lose, it's a numbers game.

This has nothing to do with democracy, that is the blanket that is over everyone's heads, it's about the gas and the pipelines and now that the US has shored up contracts securing Europe nations, it's job is almost done, fact of the matter is, Zalenski smelt this and went to Washington to shore up more support.

Time will tell I am right, I'm content sitting here, and will be more content when what I am predicting happens, what then, will the keyboard warriors go quite, nope they will continue to be sucked into the finger pointing, the blame game, to which I will say, so long suckers.

I don't know why the war was created other than it seems that Putin wants to conquer Ukraine for "historical russia" reasons.  
Mostly I just see those on the left crying about helping out Ukraine and claiming that those on the right are supporting russia (I have neither seen nor heard anyone on the right doing what the left claims they are doing). 

I do watch combat footage and reporting on the Ukraine invasion on youtube, from those that allege they are participants in the war.   I also watch reports from a news organization in Poland.  

Pisses me off though reading and hearing about the russians targeting civilians, but, also understand that historically, that is what was done in wars.   

• Thanks 1

The US Government has a fleet of B737's which are designated as C-41's.  POTUS rarely flies in a C-41 but sometimes the VP flies in them and then the call sign becomes Air Force 2.  The real challenge was getting Zelensky from Kyiv to Poland on the train (could have been a "turkey shoot" for a squadron of Squadron of Su-57's).  But I guess bombing Zelensky while he was on a train would have been even too crazy for Vlad?  Once he was airborne Zelensky was safe and no way a single F-15 provided aerial overwatch (probably an entire squadron of F-15 or even F-22's).  

47 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

The US Government has a fleet of B737's which are designated as C-41's.  POTUS rarely flies in a C-41 but sometimes the VP flies in them and then the call sign becomes Air Force 2.  The real challenge was getting Zelensky from Kyiv to Poland on the train (could have been a "turkey shoot" for a squadron of Squadron of Su-57's).  But I guess bombing Zelensky while he was on a train would have been even too crazy for Vlad?  Once he was airborne Zelensky was safe and no way a single F-15 provided aerial overwatch (probably an entire squadron of F-15 or even F-22's).  

C-40