What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Operation Fortune. Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I found it very enjoyable, great acting by an all-star cast and very funny.

It was okay, deserved of its 6.4 imdb rating imho.

A lot of well known faces all trying to out punchline each other.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

Watched the pilot of Lucky Hank.

I found it only mildly amusing but because of Bob Odenkirk and a few other good actors I'll keep watching it at least for now.

It's set at a provincial small college around the English department. Reflecting typical real life the staff is diverse. Only the more irrationally "anti woke" brigade would be offended by a show accurately reflecting modern reality. A secular small American college now would be expected to have a diverse English staff.

The plot of the pilot featured a very annoying over entitled prima donna writer boy again reflecting a student characteryou'd expect to see on such modern campuses. Annoying in real life but entertaining to see in a show.

In the pilot we learn.why Hank is labeled Lucky.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just finished watching Avatar: Way of the Water and enjoyed it. It was nearly 3 hours long but I was entertained all the way through. Well worth a watch IMHO. I got it from TGx.

I watched it in 2 sessions a simple story about colonization it had very good visual effects and left it self open for sequels

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stubby52 said:

I watched it in 2 sessions a simple story about colonization it had very good visual effects and left it self open for sequels

I was looking forward to A2,  won't be for A3 or 4.

Wasted 3 hrs, and not even good as a 'time filler'.  For months wife asked 'when when when' .... she fell asleep watching, and didn't ask me to save it.

... nuff said

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 6:43 PM, bubblegum said:

Turned it off after 2 min.

Lasted 30, too simplistic and predictable, the old fashioned cliched shoot em up colonel did not help. Great visual effects not enough to outweigh the weak story and acting. On the other hand The Night Agent had me hooked.

• Thumbs Up 1