What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

Again may I praise this thread for being the most helpful on AseanNow.  I try to avoid the wokism/realism discussions; I am a frustrated author/playwright who can't get an agent.

HOWEVER even 'Ted Lasso' has fallen.  We've watched two series devoted to the heterosexual relationships of one female character with two footballers only to find in series 3 she's a closet LESBIAN  now.

I've been watching 'A Town Called Malice' - it's so badly written it's very watchable. Suddenly a Bermondsey toughie has developed feelings for the Spanish Mayor of the afore mentioned town!  I need to rethink my whole process of character development.

• Confused 1

Find It Fix It Flog It  -  TV Series 2016–2020

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9710812/?ref_=tt_urv

123686541_Findit.JPG.e0265010937e6c3e1e102c9f9745bc34.JPG

Easy watching fun

Simon and Henry travel all over the Uk and visit people to dig through junk and unused items in the hope of making money for the owners. Very enjoyable show and a great cast.  Interesting to see what people would pay for stuff and you do actually learn a few facts about the areas they visit

All 7 series, about 140 episodes in total, with subs, available on TVChaos. Various odd episodes available on various other sites.

:smile:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Again may I praise this thread for being the most helpful on AseanNow.  I try to avoid the wokism/realism discussions; I am a frustrated author/playwright who can't get an agent.

HOWEVER even 'Ted Lasso' has fallen.  We've watched two series devoted to the heterosexual relationships of one female character with two footballers only to find in series 3 she's a closet LESBIAN  now.

I've been watching 'A Town Called Malice' - it's so badly written it's very watchable. Suddenly a Bermondsey toughie has developed feelings for the Spanish Mayor of the afore mentioned town!  I need to rethink my whole process of character development.

Ever heard of bisexuality?

I saw that scene and calling her a closet lesbian is clueless.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Find It Fix It Flog It  -  TV Series 2016–2020

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9710812/?ref_=tt_urv

123686541_Findit.JPG.e0265010937e6c3e1e102c9f9745bc34.JPG

Easy watching fun

Simon and Henry travel all over the Uk and visit people to dig through junk and unused items in the hope of making money for the owners. Very enjoyable show and a great cast.  Interesting to see what people would pay for stuff and you do actually learn a few facts about the areas they visit

All 7 series, about 140 episodes in total, with subs, available on TVChaos. Various odd episodes available on various other sites.

:smile:

Shed and Buried - Motorcycle fanatic Henry Cole and his friend Sam Lovegrove travel across the UK in search of automotive bargains they can restore in their workshop and sell ..

• Like 1

Just watching some boxing on Show time Chanel--& the commentators were all talking about the release of "Catching Lighting"  as Show time Doco released this week.  Its a true story set in UK, where a MMA fighter Lee Murray, a brawler from Southeast London who was once a rising star in the MMA world, but  who also ran with the South London criminal gangs, Murray was known as “Lightning Lee” for the speed and power of his punches & who was doing quite well in MMA, when he decided to turn his attention to taking out Securitas cash depot in Kent that supplies all the London Banks-by kidnapping the depot manager, his wife, and their child.

They relieved depot of some £53 million which made it the biggest money robbery in the UK. ...........4 Part series --all out now on TG  --contains quite a lot of the UFC stars,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, recom273 said:

I have been waiting for this one - Don’t leave me - from the makers of Gomorrah - appeared this week on Walter presents .. now I noticr that it’s was on SBS since last July. 

https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article/2022/07/14/italian-crime-drama-dont-leave-me-gilded-gothic-beauty-even-it-plunges-deep

It's also available on TPB.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, recom273 said:

I have been waiting for this one - Don’t leave me - from the makers of Gomorrah - appeared this week on Walter presents .. now I noticr that it’s was on SBS since last July. 

https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article/2022/07/14/italian-crime-drama-dont-leave-me-gilded-gothic-beauty-even-it-plunges-deep

Seen this a long time ago?

• Confused 1

"Why didn't they ask Evans?", the Hugh Laurie adaptation of Agatha Christie's book. Binge-watched this 3 episode mini series yesterday, but found it to be completely tedious, and looking back on it today, can't recall, (or care) why. Beautiful sets, in rolling Gloucestershire and Welsh countryside, but the editing was quite mad. I know it's supposed to be a mystery, and in that sense it succeeded. It still is. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14829590/

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I've just finished reading an article about Rolf Harris and I'd like to see the documentary called   Rolf Harris: Hiding In Plain Sight.

Can anyone provide a link please?

Interesting - I hadn’t heard about this one.

It seems although it was made, it was announced that it would air back in August ‘22, but maybe it never did. My auto-DL program scraped up a report that it will air on ITVX, no date given.

I could be wrong, I would like to see it.

Edited by recom273
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Hunt for Raoul Moat

RAR

The three-part series focuses on the innocent victims of Moat’s crimes – Christopher Brown, Samantha Stobbart and PC David Rathband; the police officers who put themselves in the firing line in their quest to apprehend Moat; and the local journalist who sought to tell Moat’s real story in a landscape of sensationalist reporting and social media provocation.

• Thanks 1

I have so far watched two episodes of a brilliant series on BBC iPlayer, called "Berlin 1945" and it is actual footage of the Russian advance on Berlin, and eventually of the taking of Berlin and the deaths of Hitler and his hierarchy, with more to come.

Nothing is spared, dead bodies and all and there was one particularly poignant sentence in the second episode which really did hit home, when one Russian soldier, in the midst of fierce fighting, was quoted as saying, "why did they do it, why did they invade us, what was the reason?". I suppose the Ukrainians could be asking the same thing now about the Russians.

Just a warning for the faint of heart, because in the first episode there is footage of what was found at a couple of the concentration camps, and it is not pretty at all, in fact it is disgusting that one human could do this to another, with body, upon body, upon body, looking no more than a grotesque rotting human carcass being piled into a mass grave. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have so far watched two episodes of a brilliant series on BBC iPlayer, called "Berlin 1945" and it is actual footage of the Russian advance on Berlin, and eventually of the taking of Berlin and the deaths of Hitler and his hierarchy, with more to come.

Nothing is spared, dead bodies and all and there was one particularly poignant sentence in the second episode which really did hit home, when one Russian soldier, in the midst of fierce fighting, was quoted as saying, "why did they do it, why did they invade us, what was the reason?". I suppose the Ukrainians could be asking the same thing now about the Russians.

Just a warning for the faint of heart, because in the first episode there is footage of what was found at a couple of the concentration camps, and it is not pretty at all, in fact it is disgusting that one human could do this to another, with body, upon body, upon body, looking no more than a grotesque rotting human carcass being piled into a mass grave. 

Don't poke the bear ...

I see only 1 episode on IMDB ... You have the name right?

• Confused 1

I am currently watching miniseries Nine Perfect Strangers starring Nicole Kidman, seems to have gotten under my radar previously, as it was released in 2021.

Beautiful photography, shot at scenic Byron Bay, Australia.

It is very enjoyable with a very similar plot to White Lotus, but more of a drama and a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.

Nine Perfect Strangers (TV Mini Series 2021–2022) - IMDb

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Chimp Empire

Episode 1 was excellent.

Summary: The largest group of chimpanzees ever discovered have built a complex society deep in the forest of Ngogo, Uganda — but ambition and neighboring rivals threaten to destabilize their empire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm half way through season 1 of Dom. It follows Victor, a police officer who dedicated his life to fight the narcotraffic war and to help his son Pedro, a drug addict who became one of the most wanted criminals in Brazil.

It's pretty good so far and worth a look IMHO. It was recommended by @recom273 earlier in this forum. I got seasons 1 & 2 from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13354188/

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1