Is it time for you to face reality and LEAVE ?

Social Media

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It would cost me at least 3 times as much in rent to stay anywhere in Australia in simple accommodation and much more in food and transport. The visa and flight costs are the only impediment to staying in Thailand. If I needed frequent health care that might tip the scales but so far not. I have some health conditions, HBP and cholesterol which essentially preclude health insurance.

I live in Pattaya because it's cheap and varied with much to do and see. Everything is walking distance so I don't bother to rent a bike. Jomtien would be cheaper to rent but the transport costs would make up the difference as well as I just don't like the place. Currently I pay 15K rent and if I was on a pension or much older I'd probably pick somewhere else. No idea where. I'm single and so Pattaya suits me but I don't often go to bars and rarely drink.

With respect go and do some touring all over Thailand if you have not already done so. 

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Suggestions as to where a single man in late 60's would enjoy? I'm not fixated on girls and don't want to have a girlfriend but complete celibacy would be a problem. I'm very much a homebody and not much of a drinker.

You can find prostitution in most Countries and having sex isn't  problem in most Countries

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:

Thing is Thailand is in general a great place in your 40's and 50's.

However as you enter your 60's and later it dives.

Funds are running out, and as immortal as we once were stuff breaks and that health insurance we once laughed about is now unaffordable or just not available.

Now given the choice of some hovel in a Thai village or moving home to at least be with family and some healthcare, I think I know the answer

I've modified my diet a lot in recent years and recently joined a gym and shelling out a king's ransom for a personal trainer to try to prevent health issues becoming the driving factor. I walk a lot and won't buy a bike so as not to get lazy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Didnt you previously state you have had sex with over 5000 different woman, that's about 2 per week ?

I was younger then and had a yen for women. I was pretty green and she was brown.

It was more than that but now I'm older and don't care anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Thing is Thailand is in general a great place in your 40's and 50's.

However as you enter your 60's and later it dives.

Funds are running out, and as immortal as we once were stuff breaks and that health insurance we once laughed about is now unaffordable or just not available.

Now given the choice of some hovel in a Thai village or moving home to at least be with family and some healthcare, I think I know the answer

That maybe that's how you see it for many others it's not the only answer.

Mine is as you get older keep yourself healthy and get regular check ups that's what i do. 

If you unlucky tough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

That maybe that's how you see it for many others it's not the only answer.

Mine is as you get older keep yourself healthy and get regular check ups that's what i do. 

If you unlucky tough.

Delusion is a wonderful thing, but if it keeps you happy, go for it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, proton said:

Pure bliss, living the dream? for sex addicts, drunks and weirdos maybe. Most of the rest of Thailand is better than that place ????

Is most people sex addicts? 

48 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

Really nothing new in the video:

If you want to live in Thailand including Pattaya a person should have two essentials namely i) reasonable  good health and ii) enought money to live comfortably.

What most lacking, is dicipline and a brain to help them to make good and healthy choices for themselves. ✔️

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Right now I'm a digital nomad working 5 nights a week so travel is difficult. I have been to CM 40 years ago and a couple of years ago. Not been to Phuket since about 1983 and not to Samui since 1979. Went to Udon a couple of years ago. I went to Kanchanburi as well i the 80's. That was nice. If I had real money I'd stay in BKK but that's out of my price range.

A little confused, how is travel difficult if you are a digital nomad, can't you work almost anywhere?