What do I need to come to Thailand

I am thinking of coming to Thailand next week I have nothing booked  and I haven't been paying attention to any of the rules recently.

as a triple vaccinated UK citizen for A 2-week holiday do I need anything else apart from A  Return flight and a hotel booking?

do I need some sort of special travel insurance or anything else?

Thanks 

Travel insurance would be nice, unless having deep pockets or a friend to start a 'fund my stupidity' page for you.  Seems to be the trend.

You may consider the advice in the vid ....

... Oh wait ... you're coming to TH, not the USA, scratch that:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for confirming its back to normal I will be taking travel insurance anyway but I was  concerned that I had to get it from a certain company as I read something about this before as this is was A requirement for covid

9 hours ago, blackshadow said:

might not be ......you go read about 21 yr old female falling from a balcony....

!!!!!

Up to you as the saying goes.

Some folk obtain travel insurance and some not.

Fact is it's not a requirement.

personal choice.

BTW the lady you refer to was a pillion involved in motor bike accident.

Vast majority of travel insurance policies do not cover motor cycle accidents.

Edit: my mistake about the person you refered to.

You may recall young woman had spinal injury in Samui pool with a bar.

Had insurance and the company refused. Said she was drunk.  

Book rooms with a pot smoking balcony if your into that sort of thing.  Travel insurance is low cost for 2 weeks and smart.  An onward flight within 45 days is all you really need as your airline will check this most likely. 

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Book rooms with a pot smoking balcony if your into that sort of thing.  Travel insurance is low cost for 2 weeks and smart.  An onward flight within 45 days is all you really need as your airline will check this most likely. 

hi thanks for that I started another thread about where I can smoke weed in Pattaya do you know any rooms with pot-smoking balconies? lol that's more important than this thread.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

Book rooms with a pot smoking balcony...

...if your into that sort of thing.  Travel insurance is low cost for 2 weeks and smart.  An onward flight within 45 days is all you really need as your airline will check this most likely. 

Please, do tell ... :rasta:

Hi ya i know a bit late but you should check thailand news as they are bringing back vaccine checks for everyone to combat Chinese arrivals not sure of all the details but worth checking before you book anything ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Binger said:

Hi ya i know a bit late but you should check thailand news as they are bringing back vaccine checks for everyone to combat Chinese arrivals not sure of all the details but worth checking before you book anything ????

Yes. Rules just changed. You can find them on the Bangkok Post. Don't see anything on Aseannow.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've had an absolute nightmare I booked one ticket two days ago which turned out wasn't a true ticket just phoned me up and try to sell me a more expensive ticket. I was thinking of flying on Monday with EVA Air Direct £947 but now I'm not sure they will even let me in the country because of the new vaccine requirements they are supposedly bringing in. I have had 3 jabs but my last booster was December 2021 on this web site it looks like they won't let me in.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40014402

I can't really find any concrete information what's happening at the moment I don't know if it's worth taking the risk anyone got any ideas 

have they actually reintroduced the rules yet? 

or is it after Tuesday?

and if they do or have had my jabs a expired ?

9 minutes ago, juice777 said:

and if they do or have had my jabs a expired ?

I believe this is referring to the shelf life of the vaccine while it's in stock in the hospital and before it's used on patients so it's nothing to do with regulations or how long they protect you for.

Based on what I've read elsewhere, if you were vaccinated at least twice then you should be good, even if your last shot was back in 2021 - but you need to prove it with some kind of documentation that apparently you will have access to in your home country.

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I believe this is referring to the shelf life of the vaccine while it's in stock in the hospital and before it's used on patients so it's nothing to do with regulations or how long they protect you for.

Based on what I've read elsewhere, if you were vaccinated at least twice then you should be good, even if your last shot was back in 2021 - but you need to prove it with some kind of documentation that apparently you will have access to in your home country.

Great got all that thanks for the help I will leave it to tomorrow and book it unless I found something diffrent

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, juice777 said:

but now I'm not sure they will even let me in the country

Your airline will not let you check in if you do not satisfy the entry requirements, so don't worry about that.

I agree with ukrules that the expiry that you linked to is the shelf life - it would seem that, as long as you are double-vaxed, the you are good to go.

• Like 1

There are some new entry requirements for entering Thailand. As far as I can tell, proof of vaccination is again required and, in certain cases, Covid-specific health insurance. As usual in Thailand, however, the details vary depending on where you read it.

Here's the latest news I can find. Proof of vaccination is definitely required but, again, this is the norm in Thailand, there's some confusion about the insurance. Quoted from an article in Wion on Jan 7: "Country’s transport minister Saksayam Chidchob in a statement said that the restrictions would start from Monday, during which people would be asked to proof of at least two vaccinations or recovery from the virus since July. Those who have not taken any vaccines would need a medical report justifying their lack of inoculations, a statement by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand posted on the site said. The rules apply until Jan. 31. Moreover, visitors from countries that require Covid tests for arrivals from Thailand must have health insurance during their stay, the ministry said."

Apparently, if the country you're coming from doesn't require Covid tests for Thais that enter it, then you don't need insurance to enter Thailand. Needless to say, these rules are subject to change (cough, cough). The restrictions could be extended or even dropped in coming days.

Clarification from Asian News Network - Jan 8:
"Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul told a press conference after the meeting that in addition to the vaccination requirement, tourists from countries that require negative RT-PCR results on their return must have insurance covering Covid-19 testing and treatment before entering Thailand."

Edited by AlaskaDave
clarification

As of NOW you MUST be JABBED for C19.

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/accredited-covid-19-Vaccine.pdf

< Link to Bangkok Post removed >

Edited by metisdead
16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications.