Proof of Covid vaccines will be required again for ALL arrivals to Thailand

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, sungod said:

Flew in and out of Indonesia (Bali) a month ago, so not quite sure what restrictions they have as it was all very normal.

You have two injections. To inject substances into your body to board that plane, thats called a restriction.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, at15 said:

You have two injections. To inject substances into your body to board that plane, thats called a restriction.

Nobody asked me......no proof was given. Simple 32 USD paid for visa on arrival.

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes. You are right. But usually the new mutation get less and less severe...this is the pattern that has been found with most viruses. 

That's not strictly true though, is it? Some viruses get less virulent, some don't, as mentioned in the article below.

Debunking the idea viruses always evolve to become less virulent

Even with Covid itself, we have seen this. The Delta variant was more transmissible and more deadly than the original "wild-type" strain.

Delta variant 133% more deadly than original COVID strain

Bird flu is another example. When it first started infecting humans it was relatively mild but evolved to become more deadly as time went by, as stated in the AP News article below.

Viruses can evolve to be more deadly

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's not strictly true though, is it? Some viruses get less virulent, some don't, as mentioned in the article below.

Debunking the idea viruses always evolve to become less virulent

Even with Covid itself, we have seen this. The Delta variant was more transmissible and more deadly than the original "wild-type" strain.

Delta variant 133% more deadly than original COVID strain

Bird flu is another example. When it first started infecting humans it was relatively mild but evolved to become more deadly as time went by, as stated in the AP News article below.

Viruses can evolve to be more deadly

Well I have no answer. The way it is its surprising we are not all dead already. 

Why it it even still a problem nke anyway if most people are vaccinated?  What is the end goal, as we never hope to eradicate it? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I didn't, a few times!

Not disputing you, but how long ago?

Reason I asked is I was there for 5 days and still had to pay 32 USD at the visa counter before I went through Immigration. I was with 2 Americans who both paid also.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 8:31 PM, rbkk said:

Genuine question: How long is a Covid-19 vaccine/booster "Valid" for travel? I'm off next week for a short trip and I've had 4 in total but the last booster was about 9 months ago. Do I now need a "Top-up?"

They are effective for about three months.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Does anyone know for sure if arrivals now require to show covid hospitalization insurance?

Medical insurance is ONLY required if the travellers onwards destination is to a country that requires a negative test in order to allow entry, eg China.

53 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Sometimes personal integrity is more important that succumbing to governmental demands. I got 3 vaccines but no more, as I know the truth now. 

Please enlighten us with ''the truth''.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You miss the point. This is sprung on people days before they fly. Either they have no time to get a vaccine, which some say takes up to 14 days to take effect anyway, or they don't want to be vaccinated for whatever reason and thought they were free to travel to Thailand. Which they were, until now and this latest reversal of policy.

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been sprung on anyone - yet. Based on all the reports I've seen so far, no date has been given for the introduction of these measures.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes. You are right. But usually the new mutation get less and less severe...this is the pattern that has been found with most viruses.  There is a very low chance of a more severe mutation happening. 

I think will backfire on China.  As their people have poor quality vaccines and they don't offer imnunity to the New strains of covid.  They also haven't been exposed to the New strains from outside China. 

So when they go to other countries they wi get infected with these covid strains and get very sick.. Perhaps needing to go to hospital.  They could also take back the new strains to China on their return, and make people there sick...and with their already overflowing hospitals they are going to get overwhelmed. 

"But usually the new mutation get less and less severe". Ridiculous. What viruses have gotten less severe over time? Polio? Measles? Ebola? Syphilis? Typhoid? 

That's a total myth. 

"There is a very low chance of a more severe mutation happening". 

Absolutely totally ridiculous bull based on zero scientific knowledge held by the writer.

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, MicroB said:

The EU has a 270 day rule for vaccine certificates; you need to have had a booster no more than 270 days before travel, and no less than 14days. Singapore, Israel and Bahrain enacted the same ruling. The UK takes a similar path, in terms of defining "full vaccinated".

Do you have source for this?  The tool I use to check doesn't mention 270 days.  Here's a few examples:

Capture.JPG.08e3e4b676e7daf367b1881c962bd20e.JPG

Capture.JPG.32c8a4b55d4a35b72a19b468731b42d4.JPG

Capture.JPG.5d28dfb55683dd0fcfe636fbdf6c9f59.JPG

Edited by treetops

Just now, sungod said:

Not disputing you, but how long ago?

Reason I asked is I was there for 5 days and still had to pay 32 USD at the visa counter before I went through Immigration. I was with 2 Americans who both paid also.

It was a while ago, 2019, and trips prior. I  suspect VOA was made obligatory post Covid, and this has not been lifted yet. That seems to be the case from UK Embassy.  Asean members are Exempt.

I had to cancel a trip in 2020... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Salerno said:

There was a post on here earlier today, with a graphic of the new rules coming into affect from 9 Jan.

Re the above, no idea where it was posted on here, can't find it, but QANTAS have updated their site:

Travel from 9 January 2023

All passengers entering Thailand must provide evidence of being fully vaccinated according to Government of the Kingdom of Thailand guidelines. 

See: https://www.qantas.com/au/en/coronavirus/international-travel/thailand-flights.html

Edited by Salerno

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It was a while ago, 2019, and trips prior. I  suspect VOA was made obligatory post Covid, and this has not been lifted yet. That seems to be the case from UK Embassy.  Asean members are Exempt.

I had to cancel a trip in 2020... 

Yeah, thats the way I am reading it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been sprung on anyone - yet. Based on all the reports I've seen so far, no date has been given for the introduction of these measures.

It has now.  9th January in a memo issued to airlines by the Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation Authority, according  to reports in The Pattaya News.  Richard Barrow has tweeted the new information has already been put on the Qantas website.

2 minutes ago, Spilornis said:

2. Passengers coming from countries with measures to prevent people infected with COVID from returning to the country must have health insurance covering COVID treatment throughout the duration of the trip in Thailand. Expats with Thai social security are exempt.

What in the blazes are "measures".

Obviously includes countries that require tests but Malaysia has introduced temperature testing again. Is that a "measure"?