Thai health expert says Covid from the West is more dangerous than from China

snoop1130

54 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

The rest off the world stops visitors from China but in Thailand that say, come here no problem. And don’t forget to bring money !!!

The rest of the world stops visitors from china??? Really?Did you make that bit up yourself?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Do the older vaccines that most of us have had here: AZ, Pfizer, Moderna etc., work against Omicron variants? Or only the newer bi-valent ones?

They work according to Senior Western Health Authorities, you can still catch Omicron but its effects will be weakened 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Good question. @Sheryl, would another non bivalent booster shot be advisable now for people in Thailand who have not had one for almost a year?

I saw a BBC news item featuring a USA professor who indeed did say the current boosters are efficacious re the new variant,so yes,do get one. I stumbled across a walk in clinic set up in my local Lotus offering Pfizer last week. No queue and had me processed in 5 minutes.????

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Possibly more dangerous in the sense that more vulnerable people are being hospitalised due to a much higher rate of infections. I accept that the virus itself is not more dangerous for an individual. There are also likely to be more cases of long covid for the same reason.

Long Covid is just like the occasional effects of any virus, you can have Long Flu or even Long Cold.

Just another Media disaster beat up, it's real but not common or unique

Such psychological war mongers should not be given any media space; scaring the s"*%çt out of the uneducated semi-divine local electorate again. So the fingerpointing at me, refusal of entry into a shop (wife and kids are OK though) will continue. 
Maybe it is really time to wrap up the whole thing and move on after almost 40 years of Thailand's smiles! 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Such psychological war mongers should not be given any media space; scaring the s"*%çt out of the uneducated semi-divine local electorate again. So the fingerpointing at me, refusal of entry into a shop (wife and kids are OK though) will continue. 
Maybe it is really time to wrap up the whole thing and move on after almost 40 years of Thailand's smiles! 

Mind the door.

• Love It 1

Poor guy! If he just bothered to read up on the facts of viruses as well as the history of Covid-19. He would them find that in 99% of all cases the first strain is the most dangerous, as a virus evolve to be adapted to live inside the host without killing it. Killing the host would be as a virus with suicidal thoughts, which does not exist. The rest I will leave this guy to figure out, without making a joke out of himself.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The issue is China refuses to be transparent and honest, as usual

And they have been lock-downed for years and  sanitise crazy. It’s time for them to start rolling  around in the ???? and boost their immune system.  Old skool flu is rife this winter here in the UK right now just because of this.  A lot of people  I know have the flu and the ones that have had covid b4 have said they felt worse with this.   It’s funny I went Covid free all through the lockdowns and in October I traveled to Thailand to see family I hadn’t seen for years . On the flight over I was sat nxt to a Doctor and Covid came up in the conversation. He said I will probably never get it as there is a % that are immune, through work he’s had it 3x !   Anyway 2 weeks later I caught it of my Thai stepson in Thailand ???? 

Can someone point out to this 'expert' that most of the rest of the world has been totally unconcerned with Covid for several months with little to no precautions against a virus that has long passed its peak, with almost no-one anywhere outside of Asia still wearing a face mask. China has vaccinated comparatively few people and the virus is still a very serious issue there. Not so anywhere else. The threat comes from China, not Farangland. But of course, that is an inconvenient truth to those who feel the need to suck up to their masters in Beijing.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the people who warned the nation about the dangerous Italian Variant, after the National Stadium Boxing clusterpuck. Unfortunately no 'Italian variant' existed in those early days. Following the playbook; Anutin with his dirty farang comment. The Wuhan flu needed & still needs to be reframed, thought of as a western virus. Not one of Chinese origin. Especially as the Chinese are about to return and what news we have out of the Celestial Empire, indicates serious waves of infection sweeping that country.

Move along, nothing to see here.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

It will be interesting to see the Thailand Covid statistics in 3 months time, and compare the number of western tourists who have been hospitalsed compared to the number of Chinese tourists.

Especially as that will be in the lead up to the election when the government has been set free (55555) for the election, and there is only a caretaker government.

And if the electorate (yet again) chooses the wrong people/party then the army of the old elite will (yet again) step in to save the population from itself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

Do the older vaccines that most of us have had here: AZ, Pfizer, Moderna etc., work against Omicron variants? Or only the newer bi-valent ones?

The older mRNA vaccines work in reducing incidence of severe disease, hospitalization, etc, but are not very effective in preventing infection and transmission.

Mutations. It's much too early to know what new mutations have/will occur in China as the outbreak just began. The time from a new variant occurring in a person to being detected by national surveillance can be long, especially from rural areas. Even longer to find it in a planeload with a few people from a country of 1.4 billion. They still have no idea where and how omicron itself started.

With 1.4 billion people mostly unprotected against omicron BF.5 etc.,  China could see nearly a billion new cases. As of today worldometers reports 667,861,371 total worldwide cases. Without some super magic, there will be many mutations in China. The question is what will they do.

The answer is no one knows. If you remember, the beginning of the pandemic saw many experts suggest mutations were not a worry, partly because corona viruses have a special 'proofreading' mechanism to greatly limit errors, unlike influenza.

Coronavirus mutations: Much ado about nothing              March 3, 2020

• Thanks 1