Gunman Surrenders for Murdering British Ex-pat in Pattaya Area, Blames Road Rage

webfact

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

You'd be surprised how road rage is a major contributing factor to many deadly outcomes all over the world, not only in this country... More interesting and worrying is why a 'developer' driving around with a gun in his car?...

He was a expert competition marksman...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Have they looked at video, if there is any, of the initial incident to see how his story holds up?

British press have video of the fatal last 2 minutes.

And cctv cameras all around the city.

Not seen any video of earlier altercations between the two of them.

The detour via pratumnak, has not been explained enough imo.

30 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I have realized I need to be a lot calmer while on the road, it did not used to be easy,

but too old to fight now, and it seems a lot of Thai drivers carry weapons now, matchte ,

knives and more with guns, and all it takes is a beep on your horn to set them off. you

have to bite your lip ,when they nearly take the front off your vehicle while cutting in front. 

regards Worgeordie

Very true.  Although it might have been the banging on the car, rather than just sounding the horn, that triggered the red mist.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Life sentence without parole or pardon, for this POS.

Let him sit behind bars for the next 40+ years.

He took the life of a older gent, in his senior golden years.

Blaming influence of alcohol, for road rage. Never ever to they admit, 'I was stupid'.

The REALITY is a little bit different in Thailand.

Mr "x" is a property developper who admitted the crime and showed public remorse of his actions.

So, expect him to roam the streets again in a few weeks (assuming that he would be jailed).

TIT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, petermik said:

Did you witness the incident and see Neil banging on the car or are you accepting the killers version of events....Neil is not here to give his side of what happened.

Absolutely ridiculous comments.

RIP my good friend.

Exactly. The murderer has made allegations that Neil banged on his car but these allegations are not supported by any evidence fromCCTV or witnesses.  So just allegations from a deranged psychopathic killer not to be taken seriously. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Life sentence without parole or pardon, for this POS.

Let him sit behind bars for the next 40+ years.

He took the life of a older gent, in his senior golden years.

Blaming influence of alcohol, for road rage. Never ever to they admit, 'I was stupid'.

Life means until they die so not sure what the 40+ means

He said “I stopped my car completely to talk with him before a furious argument began".  

Key question - does he speak English?  If not, then that is an outright lie as there was not going to be any discussion, just an aggressive confrontation that turned out to be deadly. 

Based on Thai law, he could get 15 to 20 years but it could be lower based on the fact he confessed. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tyznd said:

He said “I stopped my car completely to talk with him before a furious argument began".  

Key question - does he speak English?  If not, then that is an outright lie as there was not going to be any discussion, just an aggressive confrontation that turned out to be deadly. 

English - with a NZ accent?

UK news report states that Apicha Boonsawat attended King 's High School in Dunedin, New Zealand - but not how many years he was there.

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The most detailed TV news account from Amarin TV, even though they disgustingly make the motor bike's beep sound like a loud honking noise in support of the murderer's version of events for which there is suspiciously no supporting evidence from CCTV or witnesses. The reporters also refer to the murderer as "Big" throughout. 

The murderer's uncle, a former deputy mayor of Pattaya tells a TV reporter towards the end that his uncle who cowardly ambushed an elderly man and shot him in the back was a really decent young chap who was even kind to mosquitos and refused to swat them. 

It is hard to see hard Big's influential and wealthy family can spare him some jail time, although the court will go soft on him for sure, citing clean record, good behaviour, confession, cooperation, guilty plea etc as excuses, although all will know the real reason.  Cooperation and confession will of course not make any difference to the case, as he was caught on CCTV and a police SWAT team surrounded his house soon after the murder. In other cases involving poor murderers of farangs, Thai courts have said as much, ie no reason for leniency, and have preferred to reassure public opinion in the victim's country there is justice for them. However, I feel this case will be different. 

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Well from the sound of things, the Expats actions were not very smart....But as fate would have it he chose exactly the wrong person for a conflict......Not defending the shooter in any way, he was 100% wrong too..

As usual a poor attempt at victim blaming.

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

This is true......And the shooters story maybe embellished...But I really really dont think the whole chain of events could have happened without a healthy dose of some nastiness from the Expat...

Hey I could be wrong.....And I will be happy to say I am wrong..

Your problem that you really don't think before you post rubbish like this above.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If mr rodgers side of the story car was stopped, at the junction driver was on the phone so i went around him and looked at the driver 5min later i heard a bang came off my motor bike then to more and then out cold.

Seldom there is justice for foreigners here it the risk part of living here, been in English papers will make it hard to cover it up so he may do some time

A hit on him is the best way to be sure justice is done proper

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Mansell said:

Considering his age it seems unlikely he went out of his way to provoke a guy in his early 30’s.

His intent wasn't to provoke. It was to instruct.

He was probably like our countless Brit ANF Driving Instructors here on the forum, indeed may have been one.

So he'd had a few, got angry and couldn't restrain himself until he arrived home to hit the ol' keyboard, first having enjoyed his newly-purchased baked beans and toast.

Rather, he began the Driving Lesson in real-time with honking. But then, according to the perp, he proceeded to drive it home with angry words and a few blows to the perp's car, making sure there had been no incomprehension, knowing how Thais often fail to pay attention to their betters.

Chose the wrong student, as it turned out.

RIP, and be warned. Thais don't like being honked at, as my first Thai gf warned me decades ago when I first started driving a bike here. Still, I haven't an issue so far giving a honk when clearly justified. Confronting with angry words (with, no doubt, cursing) and banging on a Thai's car in anger--very, very bad idea, if it happened (as it may well have).

This isn't to blame the victim. Obviously, the consequences of the confrontation were criminal. I hope the Thai is punished to the max. Still, I think if the Brit could do it all over, he'd handle the situation much differently. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Absolutely zero evidence for this victim-blaming fairytale.  "This isn't to blame the victim" Really?!

The Thai must be blamed 100% for shooting and killing and should be given max penalty, as noted.

Earlier, CSI: ANF had solved the case by blaming his girlfriend and imagined lover who had set it up to steal the old Brit's assets. No problem believing that with zero evidence, 'cause we want to.

Me, I doubt the Thai would be so enraged over nothing. He doesn't seem like a normally unstable, suspicious character. What it was exactly will probably never be known with any certainty. Could he be telling the truth? He might be, but I didn't say that he actually is. We may hope more evidence comes to light.

Edited by BigStar

13 hours ago, itsari said:

I have a suspicion that the murderer will be considered a hero by many and will not be locked up for too long .

Unfortunately quite possible.  Probably a few will think that it is the foreigner's fault for being in Thailand and making the Thai angry, so the killer should not be punished.  Not everyone, but some probably will.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Theory said:

I don't believe it ????????

Sounds pretty unlikely.  Possible, but you're behind someone and they're taking a long time to turn so you honk then hit their car?  Much more likely that he honked his horn and this made the Thai flip out.