Thai media sends out warning: Death penalty or life in jail for violent abusers of children

webfact

2 hours ago, lujanit said:

I don't understand why people would sexually molest children.  Prostitution is everywhere in Thailand and it's easy enough to get some pussy.  Why do adults, mostly males have to attack children?  Chemically castrate the offenders or better still kill them.

Because they are sick Bar Stewards

3 hours ago, lujanit said:

I don't understand why people would sexually molest children.  Prostitution is everywhere in Thailand and it's easy enough to get some pussy.  Why do adults, mostly males have to attack children?  Chemically castrate the offenders or better still kill them.

I agree, but you would have to be 100% certain that they are guilty.

Ok to kill  about 14 children every day on the roads here.

some things they will never address.

But yes,  the op,  lock the bad guys up for life for doing stuff to kids.

Maybe a review after 20 years. No pardon stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for this type of crime.

Edited by Orinoco

5 hours ago, lujanit said:

I don't understand why people would sexually molest children.

I've worked with Thai children for 5 years, even many girls 18 years of age.  NOT ONCE did I have an urge.  Not one time.   I always prided myself on that.   Teacher, student, your mind must switch off and realize they are very, very vulnerable.   probably still vulnerable at 25, but ..... well, ah..... lol.

Anyhow, I'm guessing it's a power trip.   A man super insecure who must show some dominance over anything; animal, kid, maybe old people, etc.......  then we have to wonder about childhood trauma, sickness, on drugs, mentally incapable of anything, IQ under 60, who knows......   but I'm guessing power is high on the charts.  A bargirl gives you all the power you want.......not sure a sicko would want that.

Death penalty or life in jail for violent abusers of children 

Never mind 200K or 10/20 yr jail.

Any Sexual offender off kids,  no matter what age ,and Rape no matter what age male/female Life in jail No Parole or Dead penalty.

Or better ,when they get caught ,take them down the back and shoot the Vermin, then there's no cost to the tax payer to look after them .

5 hours ago, Mad mick said:

Great all those including the monk who raped his young  daughter child molesting is heinous crime to say the least.  Trust this law  retrospective either foreigner or Thai ? 

For foreigner 400000 baht fine, and 2 slow deaths.

1 hour ago, BananaStrong said:

I've worked with Thai children for 5 years, even many girls 18 years of age.  NOT ONCE did I have an urge.  Not one time.   I always prided myself on that.   Teacher, student, your mind must switch off and realize they are very, very vulnerable.   probably still vulnerable at 25, but ..... well, ah..... lol.

Anyhow, I'm guessing it's a power trip.   A man super insecure who must show some dominance over anything; animal, kid, maybe old people, etc.......  then we have to wonder about childhood trauma, sickness, on drugs, mentally incapable of anything, IQ under 60, who knows......   but I'm guessing power is high on the charts.  A bargirl gives you all the power you want.......not sure a sicko would want that.

Maybe consider,  giving the day job up. 

Edited by Orinoco

5 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Well thats all fine and dandy, but this is Thailand afterall and we all know that harsh sentences can be suddenly made mild or non existant at all for the right remuneration pointed in the right direction.   Even red notices can quietly go to the bottom of the pile.

Agreed and the get out clause is in the report

8 hours ago, webfact said:

They then published a long list of the punishments that offenders face for molesting and raping children in the categories of under 13 and under 15.

why a long list? There should only be two punishments Death or life in the worst possible prison after having undergone the removal of all genital parts and fitting with a colostomy bag and rectal stitching.

Save the Children

10 hours ago, webfact said:

They then published a long list of the punishments that offenders face for molesting and raping children in the categories of under 13 and under 15.

Molesting children under 13 warrants 1-10 years in jail and a fine up to 200,000 baht.

It is similar for under 15s but no low prison term is mentioned.

Longer prison terms are given where there is anal penetration or when threats are made or weapons used.

Violent attacks using weapons can get a 20 year to life term.

"Can" get you 1 - 20 years in jail and a fine up to 200,000 Baht.

"Lesse majestee" offenses carry a SURE 18 years in jail and no chance to get a cut of the jail term.

Dare to post a REALITY about a bad service at a restaurant or a hotel makes SURE minimum 3 years in jail and a lot more than a poor 200,000 Baht.

All depends where the priorities of Thailand are, and they are already well known by most expats.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Albaby said:

Very civilised comment. Are you propped at a bar in Pattaya in a Singha singlet watching 18yo mature poledancers?

No need to be civilised with trash.

Are you fiddling  about down in Boyztown wearing short shorts with small boys?

• Haha 2

Did I read this correctly? 

Molesting children under 13 warrants 1-10 years in jail and a fine up to 200,000 baht.

Longer prison terms are given where there is anal penetration.

So if I have anal sex with a child under 13, depending on the size of my &%$#@, my jail time could be 1 year, 1 month???

Hence the reason, why people have sex with children! ! !  

Hardly a penalty and free food and shelter.