Pattaya Tourist Police Vow to Deter Crime Against Chinese Visitors

snoop1130

15 hours ago, keith101 said:

So they only want to take of the Chinese and F everyone else .

Wow, what a grown up response! They are mentioning that and focusing on that, because it will be the largest group regarding nationality among tourists right now. Bad if you actually just bothered to read a few lines more after the headline, you could have saved your dignity. Look below:

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said this might result in a rise in crimes in the area, but the Tourist Police have taken several measures to protect the life and property of every tourist.

Now put your attention on the last two words. Do you see them? It stands "every tourist". Now ask yourself what that means and see if it fits with your comment above.

Edited by Gottfrid

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Brave ladyboy that will go after a coach party of flag waving chinese !

I dunno, the ladyboy shows in Pattaya are packed with Chinese tourists. Also the floating restaurants/ladyboy shows off Bali Hai Pier will be thriving again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

For Chinese tourists, they are urged not to take any BOAT trips; avoid eating too much sea food; do not use pedestrian crossings; do not stroke any of the million wild dogs slowly dying amid the traffic; form an orderly queue in 7-11s.

LOL................Now that made me larf...............Thank you..............:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does that app require tracking even if it's off?   When I first read the headline I thought they meant protect the Chinese from targeted physical abuse.  I'm sure there are many people who won't benifit from more tourists and view China as the creator of this pandemic that has shut down their lives for almost exactly 3 years. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jcmj said:

I’m so tired of seeing them put the Chinese on a pedestal as if they are the best and most important tourists. They are pushy, trash most places they visit, spit everywhere and spend very little in the local markets. I hope that the basket the government is making to put all their eggs in again fails again. Treat all your visitors the same. It’s past pathetic. 

Yes - their table manners are appalling.  I saw a Chinese family thrown out of a Thai restaurant for putting whole prawns in their mouth and then spitting the heads and tails of their prawns directly onto the table !  I assume they do so in China so thought it perfectly acceptable in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Ginner said:

What do you expect? their history tells you they suck up to everyone for a reason. The French got Lao because they threatened to take the the north of Thailand. The Japanese were allowed to use Thailand as a way to invading Burma and Malaysia, later Thailand declared war on GB and the US when the Japanese were being driven out of S/E Asia Thailand declared war on the Japanese. ( the Japanese NEVER forced any country they occupied to declare war on Japans enemies)  They allowed Burma to attack refugees near the Thai, Burma boarder. Refugees seeking safety from China and N Korea are sent back, if they don't make it to the South Korean Embassy in Bangkok. Once they reach the S/K Embassy they are given citizenship and flown to South  Korea..

Don’t forget Uighers 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Dude, you do not know Chinese people.

As I have only been to China 3 times then it is just my experience. Maybe the Chinese I met were not the same as the ones you met?