Russian Man Wreaks Havoc at 7-11 in Pattaya’s Walking Street

webfact

7 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Especially Pattaya 

You'd use any excuse to bash Pattaya. You're waiting for excuses as many on this forum do. One crazy person doing crazy things has nothing to do with Thailand, Pattaya or tourists in general. Some people snap when they get drunk. This can happen anywhere that alcohol is served, in any country or city.

I take it it provided quite a bit of entertainment for rubber-neckers in Walking Street, and gave the police something exciting to do. I wonder how serious the injuries of the cashier and bike taxi guy were. Probably nothing more than scratches hyped up for the news report.

• Love It 1

I have friends who know younger Russians. And they say they are kind, friendly and progressive. I have no idea what percentage of the population these younger people represent, nor how representative they are of the Russian population. I have rarely  met any friendly Russians. Had one Russian friend back in New York, who seemed like a good guy. So, I guess there are a few. 

I can only speak from my experience. Have run into alot of Russians both in the US, and on Phuket and Samui, 98% of them seem to be grumpy, unfriendly and gruff. Some of them are downright hostile. So, perhaps it is not a coincidence that the world is not standing up to support them and show them kindness? Just an observation. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, a3tsw said:

Perhaps , he was upset at not being able to find a prostitute..

That's a novel idea. Prostitutes at the 7-11. It IS a convenience store after all. Just put them in the back of the store next to the condoms. 7-11 will make a fortune. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

I find many of the Chinese utterly delightful, compared to the vast majority of Russians. Often I see the Chinese laughing and playing. When was the last time you saw a Russian smiling, or even being pleasant? 

"When was the last time you saw a Russian smiling, or even being pleasant?".... just yesterday. I have a Russian neighbor named Yuri who is a delight to talk to. Always a big smile on his face.

Edited by HuskerDo2
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"When was the last time you saw a Russian smiling, or even being pleasant?".... just yesterday. I have a Russian neighbor named Yuri who is a delight to talk to. Always a big smile on his face.

Say hi to him and congratulate him for being representative of the cream that rises to the top, for defying the tendencies of his culture and for being a pleasant human being. 

16 hours ago, transam said:

I would think that anyone working in a Pattaya 7/11 soon learns a nationality by their speech characteristics, just by the number of farangy's they deal with daily...........:coffee1:

Not just speech, but dress, demeanor and so forth.  Or smell ...? ????

14 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

A 53 year old female cashier?

The 7/11s in my area are all staffed with young people. I guess that in central Pattaya young ladies are otherwise employed.

Young ladies would be in danger with this type of tourist.........

17 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Stood on the Moscow metro with a Russian girl......the whole carriage was looking at me.

I asked the girl why?

She said you look intelligent......Stalin killed all the intellectuals and these people are all that Russia has left........they know you cannot be Russian.

Was she beautiful?

21 hours ago, webfact said:

A Russian man suddenly went on a rampage and destroyed a 7-11 store

He "destroyed" the store?    WOW!    Will they be rebuilding soon?

Must be a bad angle but it looks to me like the only thing destroyed was the glass in the front door?  Slight exageration maybe?  lol!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThaiFelix said:

He "destroyed" the store?    WOW!    Will they be rebuilding soon?

Must be a bad angle but it looks to me like the only thing destroyed was the glass in the front door?  Slight exageration maybe?  lol!

Maybe you should learn to speak some Thai? There is often not an exact translation from Thai to English and vice versa.

For example.

โทรม - shabby, ruined, destroyed, dilapidated, rickety, damaged

22 hours ago, NativeBob said:

"headbutted" <- love it!

btw, what does it mean? stuck sm. head into butt? or something more kinky )

How did they identify his nationality? He had hammer and sickle in his hands while wearing fur hat, T-shirt with bare-chested leader and balalaika over his shoulder? He tried to pay in rubles and got upset they didn't accept it?

no he was loud..pushy... ignorant.. obnoxious..do I need to go on..spells Russian

Oh sorry and violent 

11 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

That's a novel idea. Prostitutes at the 7-11. It IS a convenience store after all. Just put them in the back of the store next to the condoms. 7-11 will make a fortune. 

How much do you think the 'store fine' would be ? 

Edited by DaLa
spelling

22 hours ago, NativeBob said:

"headbutted" <- love it!

btw, what does it mean? stuck sm. head into butt? or something more kinky )

How did they identify his nationality? He had hammer and sickle in his hands while wearing fur hat, T-shirt with bare-chested leader and balalaika over his shoulder? He tried to pay in rubles and got upset they didn't accept it?

Just recovered from CCTV

BB358C11-092D-4B95-9FDF-B195E170F1C9_4_5005_c.jpeg

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Say hi to him and congratulate him for being representative of the cream that rises to the top, for defying the tendencies of his culture and for being a pleasant human being. 

I say hi to him every time I see him and I see no reason to insult him by congratulating him in the fashion you suggest.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I say hi to him every time I see him and I see no reason to insult him by congratulating him in the fashion you suggest.

He was just a tourist strolling around the store, right? If you want to say hi to him you'd better be quick. He'll be off to the Western front before long.