Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Last flight in 2015. So how do you work that one out?

Twas a whimsical comment, just fishing.????can just imagine posters quickly Googling for the info!

Edited by roo860

1 hour ago, Scott said:

The bizarre, ‘fake’ arrest of Greta Thunberg goes viral

Video footage has emerged of climate activist Greta Thunberg posing with German police shortly before she was carried away and detained during mass protests against a coal mine in the town of Lützerath.

Images of Thunberg being carried away by police were broadcast across the world, with some protesters claiming it amounted to police violence. However, the reality of the detainment appears to be far different than initially reported.

https://rmx.news/article/the-bizarre-fake-arrest-of-greta-thunberg-goes-viral/

Rmx news is now a Reliable newschannel? 

Very often you see demostrants in communication with police, where police often give information about consequences, but do not interact before the line is crossed. Normal procedures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scott said:

The bizarre, ‘fake’ arrest of Greta Thunberg goes viral

Video footage has emerged of climate activist Greta Thunberg posing with German police shortly before she was carried away and detained during mass protests against a coal mine in the town of Lützerath.

Images of Thunberg being carried away by police were broadcast across the world, with some protesters claiming it amounted to police violence. However, the reality of the detainment appears to be far different than initially reported.

https://rmx.news/article/the-bizarre-fake-arrest-of-greta-thunberg-goes-viral/

Greta Thunberg: German police deny protest detainment was staged

German police have denied being "extras for Greta Thunberg" after false claims that her detainment at a protest in western Germany was staged.

A viral post falsely claimed the climate activist being held by police was "all set up for the cameras".

Ms Thunberg and other activists were seeking to stop the abandoned village of Lützerath from being demolished for the expansion of a coal mine.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/greta-thunberg-german-police-deny-173352440.html

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

She is just a puppet.

I hope you have evidence, and aren't just parroting others. Before she was 18 people wrote her off as "just a kid", but she persevered. I have yet to catch her lying, which is more than i can say for politicians 

1 hour ago, Credo said:

No, your post is a deflection.  Children working in mines has nothing to do with it.  Zero.  Nada.  Nothing.  

Children working in mines has a lot to do with electric cars, Greta is about climate change and stopping IC engines, electric cars are promoted to replace IC cars, ergo it's not a deflection.

I will not respond to any further posts from you that accuse me of deflecting.

Bye.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Purdey said:

I hope you have evidence, and aren't just parroting others. Before she was 18 people wrote her off as "just a kid", but she persevered. I have yet to catch her lying, which is more than i can say for politicians 

One can safely assume she didn't pay for her voyage to the UN, or the crew that flew, ergo someone else is paying, and the piper gets to dictate the tune.

BTW, it's nothing to do with lying or not, that turn people off her message.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One can safely assume she didn't pay for her voyage to the UN, or the crew that flew, ergo someone else is paying, and the piper gets to dictate the tune.

Such clueless nonsense. Has it occurred to you that the people who are contributing might just possibly agree with her?

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Children working in mines has a lot to do with electric cars, Greta is about climate change and stopping IC engines, electric cars are promoted to replace IC cars, ergo it's not a deflection.

I will not respond to any further posts from you that accuse me of deflecting.

Bye.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I don't understand what that means. Encourage people to drive less BUT spend more money to maintain roads? Seems at cross purposes to me.   If you want to discourage driving, let the roads break up and become bumpy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

I don't understand what that means. Encourage people to drive less BUT spend more money to maintain roads? Seems at cross purposes to me.   If you want to discourage driving, let the roads break up and become bumpy.

There are other, more sensible ways to discourage driving than by destroying infrastructure.

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How can you safely assume she made no contribution? Have you looked into her family history, her parents and their support for environmental causes, or their support given to Greta for her travelling to international forums? Perhaps check on the parents careers' they are not poor by any standards.

You seem to be implying someone is pulling her strings. She has also published 3 books so far. 

https://www.vizaca.com/greta-thunberg-parents/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

NZ has large areas of the country with no proper public transport, so unless they can drive, how can they do the shopping, or take kids to school etc?

I imagine it's like that in many countries. Problem is that it's mainly townies that make the rules in government.

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The great danger when being a scold (and Greta is by no means the only one guilty of this) is that it leaves you wide open to justified accusations of hypocrisy.  "Do as I say, not as I do" is a huge problem, especially in the climate crisis industry.  There is lots of money to be made and spent by whipping up fear.  

Now it's a climate crisis industry? Have you read the IPCC's latest report? You know, the one put together by climatologists and economists? Yours is just another irrelevant attempt to distract from the profound dangers posed by human caused climate change.

• Thumbs Up 1

As for the "police detention" video, I do understand that there can be a certain communication between the police and the criminals. BUT...going from joking around and literally posing for pictures for the media, to physically carrying Greta away?  Sorry, a little too much. She was walking fine for a time, what happened- did she get a cramp? Didn't want to get her expensive shoes dirty?  

Managing media and stagecraft are crucial components of any good protest- just ask the Palestinians.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Now it's a climate crisis industry? Have you read the IPCC's latest report? You know, the one put together by climatologists and economists? Yours is just another irrelevant attempt to distract from the profound dangers posed by human caused climate change.

Nope, both can be true at the same time. Yes, the climate is changing. Yes, humans do contribute to it.  And also yes, there are a great number of rentseekers and charlatans who are taking advantage of the situation to line their pockets.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

As for the "police detention" video, I do understand that there can be a certain communication between the police and the criminals. BUT...going from joking around and literally posing for pictures for the media, to physically carrying Greta away?  Sorry, a little too much. She was walking fine for a time, what happened- did she get a cramp? Didn't want to get her expensive shoes dirty?  

Managing media and stagecraft are crucial components of any good protest- just ask the Palestinians.  

So now Greta Thunberg is a criminal? Can you share with us what crime she was convicted of here? Libeling much?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

So now Greta Thunberg is a criminal? Can you share with us what crime she was convicted of here? Libeling much?

OK- "detainee"?  "Suspect"?  "Accused"?  Or were the police carrying her away just for a bit of exercise...

...so other than that one word in my post you didn't like, any other comment on the subject matter?

Edited by Hanaguma
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Nope, both can be true at the same time. Yes, the climate is changing. Yes, humans do contribute to it.  And also yes, there are a great number of rentseekers and charlatans who are taking advantage of the situation to line their pockets.

Can you share with us  some names of  the "rentseekers and charlatans" who are profiting from this? And how big are the profits being generated by this this alleged "climate crisis industry"?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The great danger when being a scold (and Greta is by no means the only one guilty of this) is that it leaves you wide open to justified accusations of hypocrisy.  "Do as I say, not as I do" is a huge problem, especially in the climate crisis industry.  There is lots of money to be made and spent by whipping up fear.  

At what point is Greta "wide open to justified accusations of hypocrisy"

More like a pack of rabid hyenas making unjustified accusations against a climate change campaigner. 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

She effectively turned a small local protest into a global news item. 

• Thumbs Up 1

OK- "detainee"?  "Suspect"?  "Accused"?  Or were the police carrying her away just for a bit of exercise...

...so other than that one word in my post you didn't like, any other comment on the subject matter?

Because the word "criminal" is part and parcel of the repeated character assassinations you offer when referring to people who support strong intervention to slow and reverse human caused climate change.

ANdwhat actual disproof did you offer?. If she refused to budge, then they would have had to carry her away.

• Like 1

No all a bit more mundane than that:

Greta Thunberg: German police deny protest detainment was staged

They added that "the whole situation has been used by those with political motives and the real reason is entirely practical and mundane."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64321652

Reasons in the link

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

They can’t help themselves she an autistic kid (young lady now)has a greater voice and influence then they will ever have just drives them bonkers I’m enjoying the show lmao ???? keep it up Greta you are the best!

• Haha 1

It show how little actual facts you have that you have to resort to this kind of nastiness. And I failed to note another of your gratuitous and nasty comments. That one about  Didn't want to get her expensive shoes dirty?  

Can you please share with us what shoes she was actually wearing and how much they cost? It show how few  actual facts you have to support your case that you consistently resort to this kind of nastiness.

Edited by Rimmer
incorrect quote removed