Can you recommend a great restaurant

Adventurer1

Have sampled about twenty. Nothing great so far. Canned peaches in the fruit bowl at Siam Paragon yesterday. Really would like to have something good. Prices at all my restaurants went up a lot last week by the way. It is getting expensive out there.

• Like 1

Go upscale Indian brunch along Suk Road: Rung Mahal, Charcoal, Punjab Grill, Indus.

The best Indian food I ever ate was on Suk road, not in India or London.

But that's a bargain for what you get, not a bargain-priced meal.

For what you want, the food court at MBK mall is hard to beat. Behind the Asia Hotel near Siam, there are tons of creative restaurants in the back streets.

Also, the area around Chunglakorn University. tons of cheap, meaty student restaurants. You can get a dish with rice for 20 baht at the cafeteria.

Edited by LaosLover

There's a restaurant chain that seems to be pretty good. My understanding is that they have millions of customers and are popular in many countries. Their menu and pricing is reliably uniform and offers many choices. They are usually open for extended hours so you can get 3 meals a day there. A description of "great" goes they seem to fit the bill. The name of the company is McDonalds and their branding is red and yellow. Let us know how you get on.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Muhendis said:

They are all in Buriram.

The best one is London Steak opposite the Isuzu place in town.

You must be kidding.  I've been to London Steak and the less said about it the better.

Buriram town is a sh*t-hole anyway.  Absolutely nothing good there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adventurer1 said:

you sent me very expensive 5 star restaurants. not at all what I wanted. I can find those on Trip Advisor. Perhaps I should have made it clear. I am not a tourist. I do not want to spend a fortune everyday for food.. so I have to spend a fortune to eat a good meal ?   where are the family restaurants with good food and good prices ?

If you are not a tourist how do you not know where to eat? 

Where in Thailand are you?

Family restaurants?   Sizzler, McDonalds, KFC, Burger King and dozens of other options 

Cheaper food?  Plenty of Thai restaurants all over Bangkok (assuming that's where you are)

You've not said what food you like or what your budget is.   

Cooking for yourself at home would be cheaper and healthier.

Bourbon Street Restaurant and Oyster Bar.  BTS Ekkamai, north on Ekkamai about 200 yards on west side of street.  Authentic Cajun food, New Orleans style, plus great variety of many other cuisines.  I go there for their Reuben Sandwiches and great service.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Recommend, if you that fussy cook at home. at home you can cook whatever you like ,whatever taste you like ,whatever spices you like .

We do we have a ball ,nothing better than home cooking it takes not longer to cook than going out and eating something that's not up the standard you like.

Without knowing budget or type of food how can you recommend a "great" restaurant?

Jing Seng in Soi 15 for eat as much as you want a la "Suki TeeNoi" style.

Eat as much as you want buffet in the J W Marriott or Goji in the Mariott on Soi 22.

Waterside Resort for a cheap party.

The list is endless.

3 hours ago, PeachCH said:

One of the best (French) restaurant  "J'aime" (English I love) at Sathorn. 

J'aime is a very good restaurant with an outstanding hospitality. But this not a family restaurant. It is more than a fine dining spot. Carries one Michelin Star.

8 hours ago, Adventurer1 said:

I did not want peaches. I did not ask for peaches. I wanted fresh fruit.

Joe salad has good salads and meals for a lunch.

At Siam paragon, I usually go to the fresh salad location.

In Sala Deng, I go to sunrise taco 

It all depends on what you want.

9 hours ago, Adventurer1 said:

where are the family restaurants with good food and good prices ?

In the subject you ask specifically about great restaurants - not just good.

Great is and must be (a lot more) expensive than just good.

I talked about this with the Italian chef of one of the best Italian restaurants in Bangkok. He told me that the difference between (very) good and great are mostly the ingrediencies. And the best of those cost double and more compared to just good ingrediencies. And that is a big factor which makes great restaurants a lot more expensive. 

Then it's up to us what we are willing to pay and able to pay.

Personally, for espresso I am only satisfied with great taste. For a steak I can live with just good quality and taste. Otherwise it just gets too expensive for me.