Prayut Urged To Clarify Private Use Of F-16 Fighter Jets

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

PRIME MINISTER PRAYUT Chan-o-cha was today (Feb.2) told to clarify a private use of a couple of F-16 fighter jets, allegedly involving former air force chief Napadej Dhupatemiya.

It's called pulling strings.

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

It's called pulling strings.

exactly ....  and it happens everywhere else,  even in the good old US of A.   Sometime the chiefs get caught out and have to explain and other times they get away with it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

were used on private purposes

Give me a break. It's certainly not a "private purpose" to honor deceased members of the armed forces, particularly high ranking ones, with hardware peculiar to that service. And, in the interest of cost, the RTAF probably does what we (US) do for our flyovers -- after the divert for the flyover, redirect to the training area for a "bump heads" to satisfy towards quarterly intercept requirements. The article in question, for hype purposes, mentions the cost of this mission -- without regard that most of the fuel was for training (presumably), and that the cost attributed to pilot pay is a sunk cost, payable even when playing golf.

I guess if the deceased had been an Army general, and there had been a 21 gun salute -- then this disgruntled MP would have considered the howitzers used for private purposes.....

No "gotcha" here, folks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

exactly ....  and it happens everywhere else,  even in the good old US of A.   Sometime the chiefs get caught out and have to explain and other times they get away with it.

Yep your right. A captain of an aircraft carrier in the uk had the audacity to do what every other ships captain had done before him and used the allocated captains/ships car for a personal trip. He lost the ship which I personally think was wrong.

I think the fact that his father had been a top man then it is only right that he got the respect he deserved (right or wrong). I'm surprised they only could find only 2 aircraft that were in working order which would cause me more concern: Why were only two aircraft used?"

• Like 1