Bad Service and a stupid excuse

roger101

On Thursday I couldn't turn the TV on. After making sure it wasn't the Remote Control and after finding the receipt (which I mislaid I went to their service dept, on Friday.. I'm not sure I can name them. We can come Friday afternoon between 1 and 5, I finally got them to agree to come at 3 o'clock.

So 3 o'clock came and went as did 4 and 5. So I got on my bike and went to the Serivce Dept. before it closed.

When I asked why nobody came I was told they rang and there was no answer, I said the paperwork shows my Soi what number in the condo I live and even the room number. You used the same paperwork last year when you delivered the TV, Couldn't they make the effort to actually come to the room and knock on the door (it wasn't locked as I am hard of hearing so leave the door ajar when expecting anything. Or at least asked some of the staff in or around reception as they all know me as I have been here for a long time.

So they are coming (again) on Monday at 3 o'clock, I hope!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Good info thanks. Awaiting my first ever order from Shopee at the moment. 

Actually most of those phone calls are for the record - they hang up after a ring or two - just want it in their phone if checked.  They can say they called and you refused delivery if they don't get to you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Good info thanks. Awaiting my first ever order from Shopee at the moment. 

Your first ... really ????  They are usually quite good, 99% of the time.  Have to disagree with lopburi, as they let it ring a bit, and I'll usually not answer if wife near me. let her answer.  If outside, they'll call back, she'll answer or she'll call them.

Always call to make sure we're there, then call on arrival, as time is money.   If I know they are out front, I won't answer, saves them the call charge.   Most are COD, so they always try to deliver also.

Some will say 'on their way' when calling 1st time, though their version of 'on the way' and mine is different, 30 mins vs 5 mins.

When by myself, I'll answer, they start talking, wait for a pause, then I say "you ban krup" / I'm home, usually reply 'ok" ... if not, then I send ph# to wife and she calls back ????

Delivery service with all companies has gone from iffy, to excellent the last few year.  There networks are well established now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really? "whilst it is unplugged"?

Depends on the make of course, if at home, one could always consult the owners manual.  Possibly for the first time ... ????

For OP & others, now you know one option before calling for assistance, which they may or may not be able to offer.

https://goodhomeautomation.com/why-wont-my-tv-turn-on/#:~:text=If your TV won't,plug your TV back in.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062957/#:~:text=With the TV turned on,your TV should be fine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Depends on the make of course, if at home, one could always consult the owners manual.  Possibly for the first time ... ????

For OP & others, now you know one option before calling for assistance, which they may or may not be able to offer.

https://goodhomeautomation.com/why-wont-my-tv-turn-on/#:~:text=If your TV won't,plug your TV back in.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062957/#:~:text=With the TV turned on,your TV should be fine.

I won't read the manual of a TV which I don't care about. But I read lots of manuals. I am one of those guys who thinks about those good old days when products came with big manuals (and circuit diagrams).

So. in principle I know these "press that button for 10 seconds when you turn on the device" and similar ways to reset something. But I am pretty sure I never ever read any version where people have to press a button while the device was unplugged. 

Press the button and then plug in the device.  Yes.

Have that button pressed when you switch it on. Yes

But never: do this and that while it's unplugged.

If that really exist, then I would love to see it in a manual. But please tell me on which page - for any device which I don't own or support.

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Your first ... really ????  They are usually quite good, 99% of the time.  Have to disagree with lopburi, as they let it ring a bit, and I'll usually not answer if wife near me. let her answer.  If outside, they'll call back, she'll answer or she'll call them.

Always call to make sure we're there, then call on arrival, as time is money.   If I know they are out front, I won't answer, saves them the call charge.   Most are COD, so they always try to deliver also.

Some will say 'on their way' when calling 1st time, though their version of 'on the way' and mine is different, 30 mins vs 5 mins.

When by myself, I'll answer, they start talking, wait for a pause, then I say "you ban krup" / I'm home, usually reply 'ok" ... if not, then I send ph# to wife and she calls back ????

Delivery service with all companies has gone from iffy, to excellent the last few year.  There networks are well established now.

Most reassuring, thank you. I went COD because they wouldn't accept UK debit or credit cards. My Bangkok Bank Mastercard debit card was rejected too. I gave them Mrs's mobile number for delivery. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

I went COD because they wouldn't accept UK debit or credit cards.

Using both US debit and credit cards with no issue on Lazada - as you found out that is not the case with Shopee.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

For example, before swapping out parts in a desktop or laptop, unplug all power cables, remove battery (if removable) then hold power button for 15 to 20 seconds to complete discharge. Same deal with TV, it discharges any residual power.

Thanks. Ok, I understand.

Or just leave it unplugged for 10 minutes and the same happens. 

most TV's have a standbye light if it is getting power - it is usually red 

is this light on if it has one - it will also flash if the TV is getting remote signals - worth checking 

what brand is the TV 

if there is no red standbye light on when it should be then you could have a mains power issue, the first thing to check - make sure that the power cable os plugged all the way in on the back of the TV - if it is then make sure the wall outlet is providing power - plug something else in there

if the power standbye light is on - check that it is flashing when you press any remote buttons - if not then open your mobile phone and turn on the camera - point the camera at the front of the remote and press a button - you will see the ir pulses from the remote in the phone camera - if you don't see this then the remote is not working (some remotes have a BT connection to the TV generally referred to as smart remotes) TV's that come with smart remotes usually come with a standard ir remote as well x remotes.

I would n't call a service center until I had checked all the above 

• Love It 1