Coming in March. How is Pattaya Road Construction Progressing? Is it over?

Xanthe

I recall when they "RE-DID Central Road" 2002 or so.

They had that thing dug 2 meters deep for 8 months & layed in a new 2 foot thick layer of cement, replete with lots of rebar.

About two weeks after the cement had dried, they were out there with tunneling machines and jackhammers.

They forgot something.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

No, it's not over at all. Don't bother coming as you'll be disappointed.

Well that's a bit drastic, even with the construction, traffic still moves at a reasonable pace all over Pattaya, there are no hour long jams, etc. that I have seen.

Jeez, coming to Pattaya and worried about how the road construction is. Sure, if it was a specific question for a location such as in front of your hotel then valid. Surely there are more exciting things in Pattaya to look forward to than road construction!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Surely there are more exciting things in Pattaya to look forward to than road construction!

My last sugar baby got married and now buying properties all over Laos. There is no more exciting thing left. ????

49 minutes ago, Xanthe said:

My last sugar baby got married and now buying properties all over Laos. There is no more exciting thing left. ????

Don't be defeatest. Plenty of fun and excitement in finding the next one! And the next...

Road construction (or 'renovation') is a lifeline for many officials in city hall. Consequently it won't finish before apocalypse - if even then, so deep rooted is it the tie-up to govt officials wellbeing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xanthe said:

Running away from Las Vegas heat. 

Well as mentioned it will be the dry and hot season here then ....I thought March was a reasonable time of year in Vegas with mid 70s (degF) and low humidity. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well as mentioned it will be the dry and hot season here then ....I thought March was a reasonable time of year in Vegas with mid 70s (degF) and low humidity.

I stay 6-7 months in Thailand. From March to August/September.

On 2/7/2023 at 2:24 PM, Seppius said:

It appears the new drains are all in now on 2nd road and Thepprasit, it's just the road surfacing to finish off, 3/4 done on both those roads, Thepprasit is getting like a race track again

I don't know where you live but I live in a Soi off of Thepprasit and I can tell you that it's nowhere near finished. Some parts have been completed but looking at the road from one end to the other I would suspect that there is another 1 to 2 years work involved (looking  at how long it's taken to get where we are now). And the then of course are the pavements which have not had any work done at all.

How will the state of the roads here effect your decisions during your 6-7 months here?  

We all know you just have to put up with it, leave, or just dome come here.

Which one will you chose, and why are the roads so important to you?  Do you have mobility issues? 

On 2/9/2023 at 12:42 AM, roger101 said:

I don't know where you live but I live in a Soi off of Thepprasit and I can tell you that it's nowhere near finished. Some parts have been completed but looking at the road from one end to the other I would suspect that there is another 1 to 2 years work involved (looking  at how long it's taken to get where we are now). And the then of course are the pavements which have not had any work done at all.

Did look like mainly resurfacing left to do on 2nd Pattaya, still a major PIA though!

On 2/7/2023 at 3:12 PM, CanadaSam said:

Well that's a bit drastic, even with the construction, traffic still moves at a reasonable pace all over Pattaya, there are no hour long jams, etc. that I have seen.

Really? Do you think traffic is moving at a reasonable pace if you're not stuck for hours? That's a low bar.

I'd hate to drive a car down 2nd Road most of the day or night. It's like a parking lot for many hours a day. It's even a challenge moving fast on a motorcycle. It really amazes me how many people will drive a car down these roads. I suppose they have a lot of spare time to waste.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Really? Do you think traffic is moving at a reasonable pace if you're not stuck for hours? That's a low bar.

Pattaya Roads are not fit for purpose.... mostly too narrow and partly blocked by parked vehicles and yes, roadworks. I had the misfortune to have to drive in and out of Jomtien yesterday and that area is backwards.... narrow streets are the only access to Beach Rd... and you are often in competition with a tractor pulling a great big boat creating foul ups. The main Sukhumvit thoroughfare has long tail backs at traffic lights which operate in an uncoordinated way.....and the only good part is the tunnel bypassing the Klang junction.... six years since it opened and I can't think of another major project to improve things since... it has all been about cosmetic improvements like burying cables, or flood measures that have little impact. Railway line bypass used to be an alternate but that has been dug up for 5-6 years and now looks like a scrambling track.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1