Missed 90 day report? confused about when the visa started.

I got my first Non-O and I thought the visa started on the 9th of January but after looking now it appears I may have missed my 90 day report and may be in for a large fine. My fault of course for not paying more attention but I need to resolve this ASAP.

Here are the relevant pages. I don't remember what the Nov 1st date was (maybe the end of previous visa) and I finally collected the passport after being approved on the 29th of January (I started the process on Dec 9th if I recall correctly).

Can anyone please help me with this? that would be great thanks!

image.jpeg.3b0dcaad6707c4a73032328dea71be22.jpeg

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Some offices will allow 7 days if reasonable reason is offered but you are passed that point too.

Go, be nice, BIG SMILE and you may get lucky.

This is totally my fault but why didn't it start from the day the visa was submitted or collected? So confused...

16 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

This is totally my fault but why didn't it start from the day the visa was submitted or collected? So confused...

That totally depends on the Immigration Office. Buriram resets the 90 day report then, but not all do that and I also believe that it is not the official guideline (to reset the 90 day report date). Personally I like it, but many others don't.

Edited by MJCM
additional info
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, MJCM said:

That totally depends on the Immigration Office. Buriram resets the 90 day report then, but not all do that and I also believe that it is not the official guideline (to reset the 90 day report date). Personally I like it, but many others don't.

I think my visa expired on Nov 1st so I got an extension (can't remember why now) and then came back on Dec 9th to apply for the 12 month extension and collected the visa on Jan 9th after approval.

What the Nov 1st date has to do with the 12 month extension and subsequent 90 day reporting is what confuses me.

15 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I guess because you have done it on 1st nov 22 so when you collected your visa on 9 January(not on 29) was too early, btw I'm not sure if you should count since 1 November as you extended your visa after that.

6 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

What the Nov 1st date has to do with the 12 month extension and subsequent 90 day reporting is what confuses me.

89 days from Nov 1st is 29th January. First extension starts AFAIK the 90 day report date.

Edit: The 7 days "late"ended on the 5th so go tmrw and be apologetic etc etc and maybe they forgive you. I believe the max fine is 2k.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Often extensions and 90 day roll out of sync depending on when the extensions are renewed etc.I just removed my annual, but my 90 day isnt due til mid March

The 90 day is its own thing and isnt linked to any other and is why it resets itself regardless of visa/extension if you cross a border and renter the Kingdom.

If you do the 90 day online they email you when its due.

January 29, the date stamped on the piece of paper they are now using for 90 day reporting, is 90 days from when you did apply for the current Extension of Stay,  which was done on Nov 1.  Your date of January 9th was the date where you were to return to get the true extension of stay stamp which is now good until December 9, 2023.  

I would go with my hat in hand to immigration, explain your sorry but were confused by the dates, see if being now 11 days late you can be forgiven and obtain your new 90 day stamp. Be ready to pay a small fine if not. Don't wait any longer. You can always say you mailed it and it must have gotten lost in tge Thai post.

24 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If you do the 90 day online they email you when its due.

Handy tool yep but then again it will go out of sync again if they leave the country :whistling:

Just check your passport stamps and record the dates in the calendar in your Phone.

They put a piece of paper with your NEXT reporting date and that date is what you need to put in your calendar together with the Date your extension is due (I have both on a 1 week before and again 2 days before Alert time)

I think there is no point of thinking or saying more.

It is your fault that you didnt read your next 90 day report. Simple as that. 

Go to immigration tomorrow. And be nice polite and tell the truth and say sorry it wont happen again. 

Dont know if they will take some money or not. 

What ever they say accept its your fault and keep saying sorry.

Good luck

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

see if being now 11 days late you can be forgiven and obtain your new 90 day stamp.

He will be forgiven, once you have handed over 2K. :giggle:    some pay 1k no receipt.  :wai:

Edited by brianthainess

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I would go with my hat in hand to immigration, explain your sorry but were confused by the dates, see if being now 11 days late you can be forgiven and obtain your new 90 day stamp. Be ready to pay a small fine if not. Don't wait any longer

Yeah I'm of course going in tomorrow with 2k cash. I must have forgotten about that piece of paper and just had the general date in mind of when I got the actual visa.

Do they give you this piece of paper every time you do the 90 day report? I planned to do this online so I'll do that next time and hopefully it works and gives me another fixed date.

15 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Yeah I'm of course going in tomorrow with 2k cash. I must have forgotten about that piece of paper and just had the general date in mind of when I got the actual visa.

Do they give you this piece of paper every time you do the 90 day report? I planned to do this online so I'll do that next time and hopefully it works and gives me another fixed date.

It's the new sheet they are giving when done in person. If done online you get the regular printout 

• Thanks 1

The 90 day report & annual extensions (whichever visa type you have) are completely different animals.

when you complete your 90 day report, they will give you a slip to keep in your passport which clearly states when your next report is due.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, G Rex said:

when you complete your 90 day report, they will give you a slip to keep in your passport which clearly states when your next report is due.

Even easier online now. No paper to lose in your passport. You print your own conformation out, so A4 for me. You then get a notice to do it again two weeks or more before your due date. This service does work really well. Just be sure you have your address registered is the only requirement. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Your visa grant/ext'n has nothing to do with your 90 day report.

Nothing to be confused about, they are two totally different things.

Your 90 day expiry date is clearly shown, you have 7 days after expiry as a grace period to go to IO and report in person, you have clearly exceeded that date too.

Go to IO immediately and sort it out by paying the relevant fine.

• Like 1

pretty common, I knew two teachers who forgot.  paid 2000 fine, and the office was VERY happy.  One guy made it a point of how happy there were, lol.   

Online is sooooooooooooooooo easy.  They send me an email, and it's done in like a day.   as long as you don't move, which can be a massive headache in certain provinces.  

7 days late is fine.   if a teacher, maybe go with a teacher for an extra smile.  odds are they will play it by the book and so you are like 11 days late or whatever and whatever fine that is.

20 baht noodle soup for you until you save 2,000.  lol

Note:  Not sure what that 5,000 max fine is, never heard of that one before.  well, let us know how it goes.

Edited by BananaStrong

15 hours ago, marin said:

None of those stamps matter. The only thing that matters is the note stapled in your passport to report "by" Jan 29. Sorry but how could you get confused?

What you should try to do is think how did I forget I last reported my 90 day stay on Nov. 1.

not always
got a 1 year extension issued Dec 26th, they also gave me a report date of March 24th>
I cam in on Nov. 24th 

I than moved my address to phuket where he told me to report by feb 21st>
regardless of the 90 day due date in my passport>
went in the 8th and reported.  No problem

15 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

So confused...

Pro tip: table top calendar. Bank branches give them out for free to customers around New Year. 

Mark your appointments when you come back from immigration, then you don't have to check your passport all the time.

784450458_DSC01856(Medium).JPG.8654d7f80818ae211190f33555256e0e.JPG

• Like 1

The only thing that matters is the note stapled in your passport and it is written in english stating to report by 29 Jan. 2023. It doesn't matter about all of the other dates, as you are only concerned on when to report for your 90-day report. Really, it is not confusing at all.

• Like 1

The 90 day report is based on the date you entered Thailand, even if that is 10 years earlier.  The 90 days includes the date you entered so your report date is actually 89 days later. 

The new 90 report date includes the day your 90 days expires so your new report date is again, 89 days later.

The 90 day report date isn't supposed have anything to do with your visa or visa renewal date.  Of course if an Immigration office changes the 90 day report date then just do what they tell you.

If you do your 90 day report online Immigration will email you in advance warning you that it is due.  When finished you can download and print out a 90 day report form to keep in your passport to show Immigration officers, police officers, condo rental offices, etc.

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Some offices will allow 7 days if reasonable reason is offered but you are passed that point too.

Go, be nice, BIG SMILE and you may get lucky.

Isn't the ominous "B5,000 plus B2,000 per day" warning only if the person is arrested with the missed 90-day report?  Last time I missed ( and that was a whole 90 days) I just got the usual B2,000 fine at Immigration when I did the next one and a stamp in the passport and a smile.

Edited by Liverpool Lou