Police chief alarmed by senior officer’s alleged link to online gambling

snoop1130

S__13467702.jpg

The national police chief, Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittipraphat

The national police chief, Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittipraphat, admitted today (Wednesday) that he is shocked to learn about the allegation by an online gambling web administrator that he was assaulted by men at the order of a police major-general.

According to the Sai Mai Tong Rod volunteer group, the alleged victim has already lodged a complaint with Pol Gen Surachate Hakparn, the deputy national police chief.

Pol Gen Damrongsak said that he does not personally know the police major-general, who is also accused of running an online gambling platform, or his background, but he pledged that both disciplinary and criminal action would be taken against the officer if there is evidence to prove wrongdoing.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/police-chief-alarmed-by-senior-officers-alleged-link-to-online-gambling/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-02-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Whenever I see "Major-General" in Thai news, I immediately think of the line from Gilbert and Sullivan.

"In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral, I am the very model of a modern Major-General."

The BIB would have given G&S some great material for a Panto. 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Gen Damrongsak said that he does not personally know the police major-general,

Nice dodge there, never take personal responsibility, not exactly a Thai trait, for the organization which you lead and command.

The wheels are falling off the clown car which is the Royal Thai Police.

Five years ago very little of this (corruption scandal du jour) would have made it to the public.

I smell an internet crackdown, fake news charges and, new media control laws on the horizon.

"I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here." - Captain Renault.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Whenever I see "Major-General" in Thai news, I immediately think of the line from Gilbert and Sullivan.

"In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral, I am the very model of a modern Major-General."

RTP   =  Royal Thai Pantomime

9 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

The problem is G&S wouldn't believe it was possible  to have so many twists and turns. 

11 hours ago, Naroge said:

"allegation by an online gambling web administrator"

I thought online gambling is illegal in Thailand. Or did I miss something here?

Just like Vaping is illegal yet an RTP officer was caught on Camera vaping while in uniform.....you just can't make this feces up. Extortion, brown envelope collection, bribes, turning there back on crimes occuring, the RTP are a real criminal organization it appears.

• Like 1