Thai media praises immigration for extra special service for foreigners on busy day in Uthai Thani

webfact

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

There was water, coffee, krathing daeng (Red Bull) and milk for children as well as pork balls on sticks and fried chicken for lunch and evening meals.

Is that from all the 100 baht takings from farangs who give 2,000 baht for their 1,900 baht extension fee, and never receive their change, just asking for the many that I have heard say that's the case.

Edited by 4MyEgo

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If a bent immigration police officer uses their stamp illegally, it is a fake stamp?

If an official Immigration Officer stamps them in your passport and signs them, they are official stamps and are authentic and they do work!

Surely if they were illegal or fake they would not work, for entering and leaving Thailand?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

The stamps are not actually fake?

They are if the process included a bribe, and are even from another province- fraudulently obtained. Getting away with it does not make it legal.

Edited by proton
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Many smaller IO offices are now out of towns in newly built offices and are farang friendly.

It seems that the Uthai Thani office has gone one step further and IMHO deserve a lot of praise for their hard work and dedication and not brickbats from some whining old farangs. Good for them and the IO as well.

The Kamphaeng Phet office that I use has moved 4 times in 7 years, from out of town to intown, then behind the city government in temporary cramped buildings, to now a brand new purpose built built building about 5 km out of town 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

So this problem could have been averted by simply putting the immigration center in the center of the city. Another confirmation that Thais don't think the same way that we do.

So where would you put the office in Bangkok or at Jomtien?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

If an official Immigration Officer stamps them in your passport and signs them, they are official stamps and are authentic and they do work!

Surely if they were illegal or fake they would not work, for entering and leaving Thailand?

No.

Yes, if the IO is genuine, chances are his colleague will turn a blind eye, but one might not. 

7 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

There is no difference between the stamps? The head officer at the relevant IO has signed both of them and the information has been entered in the database?

The head officer at an upcountry office. You are supposed to get it at the office in the province where you live. You can try to justify bribing bent immigration officers to bypass immigration requirements, but I'm sure deep down you know you are committing a crime. 

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The head officer at an upcountry office. You are supposed to get it at the office in the province where you live. You can try to justify bribing bent immigration officers to bypass immigration requirements, but I'm sure deep down you know you are committing a crime. 

Certainly agree the province where you live must the province where the stamp is issued, otherwise somebody would pick up on it?

I am not trying to justify anything! What I am saying is, as far as immigration at the airport is concerned it is a valid authentic stamp? Do they care how it was obtained?

• Like 1

A post about an Imm. Office doing the right thing - being kind and generous - and they receive a lot of hateful posts in response.

Then the usual posters with  OCD ranting about bribes and illegal visas.

What a bizarre and grotesque obsession some have with that topic.!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I liked the old Immigration building at Sathorn in Bangkok.

I hated the one at Suan Phlu.

It was noisy, overcrowded, full of agents, wall to wall people and the parking was awful.

You could park at the the Post Office next door IF you were lucky.