Captain of the Thai football team rescued from cave in 2018 dies of a head injury in the UK, aged 18

Social Media

14 hours ago, proton said:

Tragic, hopefully nobody will start mentioning that karma nonsense.

What "karma nonsense?"

This was an innocent kid who didn't live long-enough to build-up any karmic burdens if you want to believe in it.  

People say "Karma" when something bad happens to a bad person.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Posts with baseless speculation (inconsistent with news reports) and unfounded innuendos, and replies to same, have been removed.

It is stated he suffered head trauma from a fall.

it is not unusual for people with head trauma to seem fine and later be found unresponsive. Happens due to slow brain bleeds.

We should all await the post mortem results

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't really get the reporting on this one. A teenager dies from an unexplained head injury, and it's not being treated as a suspicious death? Why not?

RIP in any case, this is saddening news no matter what happened. 

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I don't really get the reporting on this one. A teenager dies from an unexplained head injury, and it's not being treated as a suspicious death? Why not?

Why? Was there a bargirl, wife w/ Thai lover, or ladyboy involved? Safe robbed? Balcony "push?" CSI: ANF needn't bring its impressive investigatory expertise to bear in this case, I think. When it's in the UK, we have absolute faith in the UK authorities and medical facilities.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Caldera said:

No one has said he died of an "unexplained head injury". If they know he had a head injury (which is not certain, that part is coming from anecdotal reports within Thailand) then they would surely know the cause.

What is known is that the Leicestershire police say  death was not suspicious

• Like 1

R.I.P

Thai cave rescue: Duangpetch Promthep's death shatters happiest of endings

A quick personal reflection on the tragic death of Dom, a really nice kid, like all the boys rescued from the cave.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64658731

Duangpetch Promthep in Chiang Rai, Thailand July 18, 2018

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

What "karma nonsense?"

This was an innocent kid who didn't live long-enough to build-up any karmic burdens if you want to believe in it.  

People say "Karma" when something bad happens to a bad person.

Karma does not exist but has become a popular excuse for anything in recent years. It is nothing more than a myth to make people feel better about the injustice and randomness of bad luck, undeserved illness, death and tragedy. 

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Why, because it has nothing to do with you.