Thai woman cons rich furniture man out of 7M baht with "my sick sister with lung cancer" fable

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News were in contact with a wealthy 58 year old furniture dealer in Nakhon Sri Thammarat's Thung Yai district after he parted with seven million baht in 40 bank transfers before he realised he had been conned

My father very wisely taught me from a young age that a certain thing can lure you further than gunpowder can launch you.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Guess he is not really that smart. Anyone in his position should have asked for proof of ownership, and some sort of lien on the property. And he should have insisted on meeting the sister. Real collateral and proof. Otherwise, it is just a fool and his money, and that makes it hard to be sympathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Thai woman cons rich furniture man out of 7M baht with 'my sick sister with lung cancer' fable"

A fable is a story where animals or inanimate objects assume human characteristics, such as speech. It's not synonymous with "story".

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Myran said:

"Thai woman cons rich furniture man out of 7M baht with 'my sick sister with lung cancer' fable"

A fable is a story where animals or inanimate objects assume human characteristics, such as speech. It's not synonymous with "story".

It is synonymous with a false statement, though, i.e a "story".   You should have read the rest of the definition.