‘Culture Of Crooks In Uniform’ Thrives Under Sam Por: MPs

webfact

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

I hope corruption becomes a key election issue,

How?  Do candidates outline their policies?  Do parties have an agenda that they present to the public? 'We are anti-corruption'.  From what I hear, the voters sell their vote to the highest bidder.

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

Regarding the above posts:  Just because the Thai people know they have to pay bribes to get things done doesn't mean that they like it.  Most Thai people would welcome honest government.

MP Padipat Santipada is stating the obvious, but stating the obvious can be dangerous when it upsets those in power.  I hope corruption becomes a key election issue, even though any government attempting to eliminate corruption will probably trigger another coup.

A honest government ,yes But where would one Find one?  

Thai people are born into corruption ,so one has to pick the best out off the whole Bad bunch.

I doesn't matter what country one looks at All governments are crooks in one way or an other.

Just look at all the promises they make to get in ,Than when they are voted in the trouble starts, they lower some tax/payment ,but they take it away in a bigger tax/fee on something else, Or they renege on their promises..

You may look 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

CORRUPTION AND PAYOFFS have become sort of a “culture of crooks in uniform” among those in the military and police circles and would continue to thrive under the powerful Sam Por trio, said Move Forward MPs today (Feb.16).

couldn't agree more with him, for once he/they got it right, hope Thai people listen..... I know, I know it's a long shot but we never know, sooner or later Thais have to open their eyes and mind

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

It was a key election issue at the last election.

Uncle Tu promised to clamp down it.

The result seems to be that more people in uniform are taking larger 'bonus's'. ie uniforms first.

I don't think you can call that a real election, and I don't think anybody with any brains believed Prayut.  If the next "election" is held with the same rules it will give the same BS results.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Totally correct.. the army and the Government .......corrupt and incapable to rule the country, as shown the last 8 years...but impossible to get rid of them unless that the people vote for non army conneced Government, but again  probably a new coup will take place as they will never give up power...

It just takes some general with a cash register in his head to get soldiers guns and tanks behind him, and "Hey! Presto!" we have a coup and a very rich unelected PM.

Is that not the present unelected PM, or maybe his sleeping ex partner?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Rotten to the core.

Prayut stated he would end corruption, under his term in office it has reached an all time high.

Carefully honed his skills in the black art of corruption. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Agreed.

The junta isn't clever enough or simply doesn't care if the payola system is more overt via internet services etc.

Just another level of the inclusiveness of Thai thinking mainly via a poor education system.

Absolute power absolutely corrupts.????????

.....and been in place and well entrenched for ages. 

It's as if we're just learning of it - pointing the finger at the usual suspects and scapegoats. 

The rich cycle of rhetoric can be amusing.

17 hours ago, OneZero said:

Culture is indeed slow to change.  A root cause is that corruption is fostered by the heavy influence of Patronage in Thai culture.  The Patronage aspect of Thai culture starts at the top.  The very very top.  I think you know what I mean without saying so (Les majeste you know).

VERY top indeed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

And one can only wonder why young Thai guys wish to pursue a career in policing.

The popularity has increased ten fold in the last generation.

Sad, but my Mrs' cousin just quit the police after 30 years..... starting at the bottom. Feedback was, as he moved up more and more corrupt behaviour was expected and demanded of him, and he felt shamed (took long enough!). There is a selection process that requires dubious qualities!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2