Prayut goes on defensive in second day of censure debates

webfact

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The people have to make a statement, the people have to remove the 250 crony senators, and the people have to find a way to turn this nation around, and drag it back from the stone age of dinosaur leadership. 

The people are too lethargic to do anything!.....................I think I'll have somtam for lunch! ????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The people have to make a statement, the people have to remove the 250 crony senators, and the people have to find a way to turn this nation around, and drag it back from the stone age of dinosaur leadership. 

Prayuth, Pratin, Anutin, and Phiphat, must go. These guys are toxic, corrosive, corrupt, ineffective, incompetent, untrustworthy, very bad for the nation, and virtually assure a rotten future for the nation, a drop to 87th place in GDP, and increasing irrelevance. They have already turned Thailand from the tiger of SE Asia, to a sorry, rabid, whiny, anemic alley cat.

Hey Spidey.

Go easy on the soi cat.????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Prayuth, Pratin, Anutin, and Phiphat, must go. These guys are toxic, corrosive, corrupt, ineffective, incompetent, untrustworthy, very bad for the nation, and virtually assure a rotten future for the nation, a drop to 87th place in GDP, and increasing irrelevance. They have already turned Thailand from the tiger of SE Asia, to a sorry, rabid, whiny, anemic alley cat.

Only to be replaced by those just like 'em. 

What really has to go are the entities at the very top. 

In time, the caustic circles will fade with the help of the people.

1 minute ago, zzaa09 said:

Only to be replaced by those just like 'em. 

What really has to go are the entities at the very top. 

In time, the caustic circles will fade with the help of the people.

Agreed.

Not gunna change as long as kids are indoctrinated rather than educated.

Trouble is, the teachers do not know the difference as they went through the same process.

Education is the initial step to learning individual life skills.

"Individuals" are not encouraged (& sometimes not tolerated) here.????????

• Like 1

These Censure Debates really have no teeth, and he's survived what, three or four, with no residual damage.

And any opposition that asks inconvenient questions gets or will get slapped with Defamation suits.

The new Prayut party and the old Prawit party will have more than enough juice to form a coalition government after the next "election".

When Prayut mentioned  a "twenty-year plan" many thought this was aspirational. Turns out he may have aimed too low.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

With the 250 Senators due to end their term in 2023 ... who will pick the next lot?  The next PM???

No they will be appointed by the care taker government when Prayut dissolves the house. He will make himself the caretaker, another Sham.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

With the 250 Senators due to end their term in 2023 ... who will pick the next lot?  The next PM???

There is a separate Organic Act which is said to describe the process. I haven't been able to find this, but that was after a very brief search.

I think acceptable nominees are put forth to a selection committee, who then select Senators.

The Senate needs to be in place in order to select a PM - I think.

The current Senate was appointed by the NCPO.

6 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

There is a separate Organic Act which is said to describe the process. I haven't been able to find this, but that was after a very brief search.

I think acceptable nominees are put forth to a selection committee, who then select Senators.

The Senate needs to be in place in order to select a PM - I think.

The current Senate was appointed by the NCPO.

I think it is correct to say that the current senate was "rubber stamped" by the NCPO.

Only one person put the names forward.????????

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

No doubt wissanu, who is a strong supporter of the PM and the appointed senator rules, will have a method ready to select the new gang ready to go.

Sadly/unfortunately  there's a very large number of militay folks candidates for them to select from; retired generals & snr. officers, current generals etc., none of whom willl rock the boat.  

• Like 1