Buriram IO 90 day report question

33 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I am just not be able to visit my IO to do my 90 day report because I will be around 500km away (but still in Thailand)

Anyone can do your 90 day report. Haven't you got any friends or family that could do it whilst you are away?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Anyone can do your 90 day report. Haven't you got any friends or family that could do it whilst you are away?

That means sending my passport to them which I already explained in the OP that I’d rather NOT do.

BIL has done it for me before but with passport in hand. 

edit: are you saying passport is NOT needed?

Edited by MJCM

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Sent my passport via EMS before now. Never a problem

Nah no way.. not an option for me. Sorry..

thx though :wai:

edit: my wife, who is of course going with me, already said, if everything fails (read IO) then she goes with NCA back home, goes to IO and then following day back on the bus ????

Edited by MJCM

Update

just went to IO and the only solution they gave me was……?????

Do my 90 day report in Pattaya because I will be there then ????

edit: we asked about mail in but no response 

Edited by MJCM

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Unless Pattaya is where your address is recorded at, you would need to file a TM30 (change of address) in order to do a TM47 there. 

Yep I know. I will be in a hotel I think for the whole duration. And no idea if they do that. 

i think a 2k fine it is ????

17 minutes ago, MJCM said:

i think a 2k fine it is

Correct and no other repercussions.

I did look for reports of doing tm47 via mail at Burriram however not clear cut 

I use mail as back up option due to travel and long periods away from Bangkok.

It's disappointing that mail option for report not being clear cut. 

Surely there must be posters dealing with Buriram that can give definitive advice. 

I wouldn't do a TM30 at Pattaya just to do 90 day report unless was intending to obtain next extension there. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I wouldn't do a TM30 at Pattaya just to do 90 day report unless was intending to obtain next extension there. 

My thoughts exactly. Don’t make it more difficult then necessary and I have absolutely no plans to move back to Pattaya 

Just now, MJCM said:

My thoughts exactly. Don’t make it more difficult then necessary and I have absolutely no plans to move back to Pattaya 

I realize not a sweet pill to swallow however it's 2000 baht. 

I agree with an earlier post....

Don't post your pp back to Buriram. That's crazy idea imo.

The downside of fine is that it needs to be paid in person.

Depending on when next extension is you could clean up the matter on visit for extension.

Reports that the 2000baht fine does not accrue. 

Meaning 2k even if more than one report missed. 

37 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Yep I know. I will be in a hotel I think for the whole duration. And no idea if they do that. 

i think a 2k fine it is ????

I heard once that IO's are pretty sympathetic with regards to medical reasons for delays.

How about you keep all your hospital records etc. and use them to mitigate against punishment for your late report.

11 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

I heard once that IO's are pretty sympathetic with regards to medical reasons for delays.

How about you keep all your hospital records etc. and use them to mitigate against punishment for your late report.

I think (could be wrong) if I would do that they would throw the book at me. Why?

Because I will have then had to made a Tm30 report and they are going to ask why I did no do that  etc etc etc

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Most likely he doesn't have any even more so ones without dates. 

Yes I will have because the personal reasons are Hospitalizations.  And check up visits after that. 

Edited by MJCM

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I realize not a sweet pill to swallow however it's 2000 baht. 

I agree with an earlier post....

Don't post your pp back to Buriram. That's crazy idea imo.

Id rather pay the 2k THB then have all the hassle etc like going to Jomtien etc etc and then when coming back to Buriram they hassle me there.

The 2000THB fine is oke with me as the alternatives are, sending my passport (never intended to do anyway) or have my wife spending 2 days in a bus just for the 90 days report, Nah.

The 2k fine it will be.

Edit: I will make sure, that when we check in the hotel, that they don't file a Tm30 :whistling: but will use my wife's ID card to check in

Edited by MJCM

42 minutes ago, MJCM said:

: I will make sure, that when we check in the hotel, that they don't file a Tm30

That fine however just because you travel and stay in a hotel that should not require you to file a TM30 when you return home just because you stayed at some random hotels elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2023 at 11:24 AM, ubonjoe said:

When doing a 90 day report by mail you only need to send copies of your passport.

All this rubbish talk of sending your passport to Imm.

Whatever next.

Read UbonJoe above.

Send copies only

Dunno what happens after that but at least you'll have done what is required and maybe the IO will be deliriously happy.

Just now, Muhendis said:

Whatever next.

Read UbonJoe above.

Send copies only

Dunno what happens after that but at least you'll have done what is required and maybe the IO will be deliriously happy.

I went to IO today and they did not even mention MAIL-IN for my case, and yes WE ASKED.

They said because I stay longer then 1 day in Pattaya I have to register with Jomtien Immigration (a so called TM30) and then I have to do my 90 Day report there.

Oke maybe my bad that we were totally honest why we were there, but that is what they said.

I have no reasons to believe (at the moment) that Mail-in Reports are even at all possible at Buriram IO.

2 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

The OP never suggested that.

He mentioned possibility of posting it to BIL and having him do it on his behalf.

Not clear cut if Buriram accepts reporting via mail. 

Of course they should, however....

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That fine however just because you travel and stay in a hotel that should not require you to file a TM30 when you return home just because you stayed at some random hotels elsewhere. 

That is good to know. Thx for that. But because we will be there for x weeks id rather not tempt faith :whistling:

17 hours ago, MJCM said:

I have no reasons to believe (at the moment) that Mail-in Reports are even at all possible at Buriram IO.

No reason to believe they refuse mail-ins either because, as you said, you didn't receive a clear answer to the question. 

And thus you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by mailing your 90 day report to Buriram Imm.

If they accept it (and there's no reason that they shouldn't), great job!  If they don't accept it, you'll be in the exact same situation you are now - you'll be paying a 2,000 THB fine.

(I'm surprised no one has suggested just paying a Pattaya visa agent 500 thb or so to file one for you there - you wouldn't even have to go to immigration.)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

(I'm surprised no one has suggested just paying a Pattaya visa agent 500 thb or so to file one for you there - you wouldn't even have to go to immigration.

Poor option.

The OP is in Pattaya as a visit all be it could be not short.

A 90 day report at Pattaya would require a change of address.

After return to Buriram another TM30 to change address again.

You stated ...

"And thus you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by mailing your 90 day report to Buriram Imm." 

Did you miss post from OP not obtaining clear answer from immigration when there in person.

Also not one post from anyone that deals with that office stating that mail in reports successful.

Edited by DrJack54

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you miss post from OP not obtaining clear answer from immigration when there in person.

Obviously I didn't miss it since it was the first sentence of my post.  Perhaps in your haste to post you missed that.

Again, if he mails it and it is accepted - job done.  If they don't accept a mailed 90 day report, he's still going to pay the 2,000 thb fine he's already planning to pay.  No reason not to try.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

(I'm surprised no one has suggested just paying a Pattaya visa agent 500 thb or so to file one for you there - you wouldn't even have to go to immigration.)

Thx, but I am staying away from Pattaya Immigration as I don't want to make the problem worse then it is. (oke maybe I am exaggerating a bit) but KiSS works best.

I will, after the report date is due and I am back Home, just go to Immigration, apologise profusely and if they have me pay the fine I will gladly do it.

:wai: