BREAKING Biden arrives in Kyiv

onthedarkside

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Totally agree, as far as I know he's the only president ever to enter an active war zone without the US military cover and protection. Traveling by train into Kyiv via Poland and back again had real risk. Well done Biden

Joe had half a billion dollars that he wanted to give to Ukraine , you can understand him wanting to make sure it was safely delivered in person 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

They are all terrified of their base and know if they don’t grovel at Donnie’s feet he might say something nasty (I’d say more but I don’t want to get in trouble)sad how utterly spineless they are 

Not only that, the republican party has for the most part become Trumpist. Nothing like the older style republicans like the older Bush. 

There are some that would be acceptable even to most democrats if elected like Larry Hogan, but they are so far down the far right wing rabbit hole, that such people don't have a chance to be nominated.

The reason Biden is the strongest candidate is that he has been successful enough as president plus being the incumbent. If it was an open primary the democrats would have lots of competitive options. 

• Like 1

I am surprised at how effective Biden is. 

I didn't want him to run in 2020.  In fact, after watching one of the Dem primary debates I was kind of depressed because I didn't like any of them, so if he doesn't run next year it means pretty much the same pack as last time, not encouraging from my perspective.  The New Age charlatan space lady would make for an entertaining presidency.

48 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Why aren't the Republicans?

Because they have have no better alternatives.  I find it amazing that these people can be so cowardly and have gotten as far as they have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I am surprised at how effective Biden is. 

I didn't want him to run in 2020.  In fact, after watching one of the Dem primary debates I was kind of depressed because I didn't like any of them, so if he doesn't run next year it means pretty much the same pack as last time, not encouraging from my perspective.  The New Age charlatan space lady would make for an entertaining presidency.

Because they have have no better alternatives.  I find it amazing that these people can be so cowardly and have gotten as far as they have.

Well not exactly. 

There are a number of other potential democrats that didn't run last time. 

Most notably, Gavin Newsom, not a big fan myself but he'd be a front runner.

He does have the advantage of LOOKING like a president. Americans like that kind of thing.

But Biden is running this time. No doubt about it. 

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He does have the advantage of LOOKING like a president. Americans like that kind of thing.

Careful there!  Back when Dan Quayle was on HWB's ticket someone mentioned that he's good looking so the ladies will vote for him -- it didn't go over well.  I'd have to hold my nose while voting for Newsom and his slimy salesman style.

I think the important thing is to 'see how they run' ( a horseracing term), see how they handle themselves in the duties outside of the campaign.  I got a lot out of the Kavanaugh hearings: Amy, Kamala, and Cory Booker scratched IMO.  And the at the finale when Lindsey did his "you are persecuting this man!" tirade it looked like Cory and Kamala were about to hide under the table.  I guess you can call what I look for in a president is grit.  Biden gets the Big Balls of the Week award for visiting Ukraine.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Tug said:

Well he has and is standing up for Americans infrastructure health care renewables environment chips on and on all btw on the thinnest of margins within the system of government we have and sir on top of this he traveled to an active war zone to stand up for the most precious thing of all the right of self determination sovereignty and democracy .he’s a very busy guy also as far as our southern border goes under our system of government it requires participation of both parties the republicans don’t seem to want to come to the table and work it out.The United States isent a authoritarian government he can’t do much without both parties participating hope that helps 

The Twilight Zone has come to Thailand?

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

Biden gets the Big Balls of the Week award for visiting Ukraine.

12 leaders from Western Countries have previously visited Ukraine since the war began one year ago

Leaders from France, Germany , Italy, U.K , Canada , Poland Czeck , Romania and a few other Countries have all visited Ukraine .

Has Joe been sleeping the whole year ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, heybruce said:

Do you seriously expect people on this forum to educate you regarding a year's worth of news, or are you just trolling?

Just kidding; we all know you're trolling.

Please go ahead and educate me .

When did Biden go to Ukraine previously ?

12 other Western leaders managed to go there in the last year

His balls cannot be that big if he has only just gone there  , (which was the post that I replied to , it wasn't me that bought his ball size into the equation }

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

His balls cannot be that big if he has only just gone there  , (which was the post that I replied to , it wasn't me that bought his ball size into the equation }

How did it matter that Biden wasn't first and why shouldn't other leaders have equal standing?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Biden Went to Kyiv; DeSantis Went to Fox & Friends

the Florida governor, who aspires to be president himself, decided to position himself in front of the cameras of Fox & Friends to . . . wait for it . . . blame Biden for Russia’s aggression against Ukraine.

We could get into the requisite back-and-forth about how it was really former President Donald Trump who emboldened Russia by coddling Putin and holding up congressionally approved aid to Ukraine.

But what DeSantis is doing is far more cold-blooded and detached.

https://www.thebulwark.com/biden-went-to-kyiv-desantis-went-to-fox-friends/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Your post ended with "Has Joe been sleeping the whole year ? " 

I replied to your trolling question. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Biden Went to Kyiv; DeSantis Went to Fox & Friends

the Florida governor, who aspires to be president himself, decided to position himself in front of the cameras of Fox & Friends to . . . wait for it . . . blame Biden for Russia’s aggression against Ukraine.

We could get into the requisite back-and-forth about how it was really former President Donald Trump who emboldened Russia by coddling Putin and holding up congressionally approved aid to Ukraine.

But what DeSantis is doing is far more cold-blooded and detached.

https://www.thebulwark.com/biden-went-to-kyiv-desantis-went-to-fox-friends/

What DeSantis is doing is political, while his points seem valid. The disastrous Afghan exit may have emboldened US enemies, so by visiting the Ukraine now, Biden may be trying to repair the weakness seen by others around the world two years ago. The reaction from Putin to this new-look tough guy POTUS has not been very encouraging so far, so I hope that this does not all backfire. 

As far as aid goes, remember that the war has only been on for one year. Before that  Obama only sent non-lethal support. Trump sent missiles and other weapons, with the delivery of some of them delayed but only temporarily. Biden was slow to send weapons until the invasion has actually occured.