George Santos: I've been a terrible liar

Social Media

Congressman George Santos has admitted to having been "a terrible liar" when confronted with his embellished résumé in a new TV interview.

The embattled Republican told TalkTV's Piers Morgan he had made mistakes under pressure but his lies were not about "tricking the people".

Instead, he said, it was about "getting accepted by the party here locally".

Mr Santos has faced fierce controversy since his election in November.

He was initially lauded as the first openly gay Republican to win a seat in the House of Representatives as a non-incumbent when he won in New York's third district.

But within weeks, the New York Times published a story that called into question large portions of his CV, including his education and work experience, triggering a wave of further reporting.

He is alleged to have faced fraud charges in Brazil, presided over prolific campaign spending, lied about working for Goldman Sachs and about owning property - and even claimed to have produced the ill-fated Spider-Man musical on Broadway.

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Keven grow a pair run this fraud off…….oh wait……trumps  got got them in a jar on his bed stand when they aren’t on loan to that bimbo marge oh well never mind 

wow, link please. Or are you trolling.

• Sad 1

he's lying again.... He's a good enough liar that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats looked into his claims about his past. Now that takes pretty good lying....well, good enough.... put most of the blame on the demos, as they had most to lose. The Republicans have clearly shown with former president that massive lying is not a handicap, so why look into George?

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It's good that he's owned up to his mistakes.

Very rare for politicians to do that. It would be good if Biden would do the same now and admit all of his embellished stories over the years. I doubt he will though.

Oh, they were just mistakes" You mean like "oops"?

And did he really own up? He cliaimed his lies were not about "tricking the people".

The man is wanted in Brazil on criminal charges for forging checks on a checkbook he is alleged to have stolen? In the US he claimed his checkbook was stolen and someone used it to write out a bad check for the purchase of puppies. He held a fraudulent fundraiser supposedly for sick dogs.

And it's good for politicians to do that? Given the flagrancy of his lying, what choice did he have?

• Like 2

What I still find amazing that it took forever to expose all those lies.

It seems a lot of that information was easy to verify, and easy to find out that he lied.

Why did nobody do that before he was elected?

If I would be a politician and I would have competition I would ask someone to check out the competition. Does he tell the truth? Is he who is pretends to be? It seems even an amateur would have been able to expose many of those lies a long time before the election.

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What I still find amazing that it took forever to expose all those lies.

It seems a lot of that information was easy to verify, and easy to find out that he lied.

Why did nobody do that before he was elected?

If I would be a politician and I would have competition I would ask someone to check out the competition. Does he tell the truth? Is he who is pretends to be? It seems even an amateur would have been able to expose many of those lies a long time before the election.

The democrat running against him was poorly funded by the party because he was expected to easily win (it's a democratic district) so opposition research didn't happen. A stupid mistake be the democrats for sure. 

On the other hand the fact that the corrupt republicans refuse to kick him out is a gift that keeps giving to the democratic party. 

Edited by Jingthing

15 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It's good that he's owned up to his mistakes.

Very rare for politicians to do that. It would be good if Biden would do the same now and admit all of his embellished stories over the years. I doubt he will though.

He owned up to his lies, his soul is cleansed and redemption was bestowed.  He is no longer a dishonest person.

He wants me to ask you if you would loan him US$5,000 to pay off his credit card, and he'll pay you back next week.

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Santos is running scare now and trying to salvage what little is left of his reputation. That ship has sailed.

It all comes back to how his campaign was financed, that is what can get him locked up.  Curious that he has not lied about it outright, but he does dodge it.  Says he didn't get the $$$ from Russia or N. Korea, but that's about it.
https://www.businessinsider.com/george-santos-doges-matt-gaetz-questioning-about-his-700000-loan-2023-1?op=1

• Like 1