Thai Public Health Minister Says It is ‘Impossible’ to Legalize E-Cigarettes

snoop1130

3 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

In the UK you see kids walking around "vaping" these Chinese-made. colourful devices designed to look like packets of sweets or make-up. The surprising thing is not that Thailand doesn't allow them but that other countries are allowing a new generation of kids to become hooked on them for the profit of Chinese companies.

Well, I expect it's more like UK companies placing orders (for profit) with Chinese factories who profit from the orders.   Although the UK has age restrictions like needing to be 18 to purchase E-cigs I expect the general availability of E-cigs makes it very easy for under 18ers to get E-cigs.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

And yet, with the stroke of a pen he normalized cannabis.

He could legalize vaping, but he's choosing no to.

He and his party ran on normalizing cannabis.

He was wealthy before this, and I'm not sure the rumors of his cannabis profiteering are accurate.

Easy. Just make a cannabis vape cartridge.

4 minutes ago, moe666 said:

If you have ever been to the end of Soi4 in Bangkok you will see the reason e-cigs are illigal it is called the Tobacco Exchange.

The Tobacco Authority of Thailand (TOAT) relocated years ago to an industrial estate in Ayutthaya.

Said premises is now the Benjakatti Forest Park, sitting on who knows how much unremidiated soil.

In theory the TOAT could assume complete control of alternative cigarettes overnight, utilizing all current tobacco laws, regulations, sales, marketing and distribution.

But this may be a bridge too far for "traditionalists" right now?

• Like 1