Paetongtarn to be Pheu Thai party’s candidate for PM

webfact

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the saddest part about this is that millions of Thais will vote for her full well knowing that her criminal father will be the one who tells her what to do.

And it is obviously not only her. Wifes and children and relatives from well-known politicians get votes for being related to politician x. Qualifications? Who cares.

But then again in Thailand, and not only in Thailand, it seems in some circles it is a lot more important from which family you come and not so much about how qualified people are.

It's sad and happens all over the world.

Indeed.

More commonplace than not the world over. 

It's just the way things work - and accepted. 

• Like 1

I still don't fully understand the Thai electoral system. Even if Phue Thai got say 300 of the 500 voted seats isn't the PM appointed by the 750 delegates in both houses. As the 250 seat senate was appointed by, and will i presume support, Prayut how can anyone else be PM?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

I still don't fully understand the Thai electoral system. Even if Phue Thai got say 300 of the 500 voted seats isn't the PM appointed by the 750 delegates in both houses. As the 250 seat senate was appointed by, and will i presume support, Prayut how can anyone else be PM?

If any of the Thai electorate vote for that soldier with the Military Academy education and he get's in, they will deserve all they get.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Henryford said:

Ruling Class Plutocracy? 

They win, regardless.

16 hours ago, Artisi said:

Well they are probably offering some youth, maybe a little vigor, along with no ideas, no hope, and no vision - other than what's in it for us, so as you said - more of the same. 

There's been a shin gainbox in existence for over a decade. Every new announcement (incl. right now) takes many/most of the items already in the shin box. i.e. nothing really new, just more gains (they hope) for the shin family, nothing more.

And who decides? No need to answer...

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, scorecard said:

There's been a shin gainbox in existence for over a decade. Every new announcement (incl. right now) takes many/most of the items already in the shin box. i.e. nothing really new, just more gains (they hope) for the shin family, nothing more.

And who decides? No need to answer...

Yet....promoted as for the people.

Same trickery theatre, different players.

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Wow. Is that truly the best they can do? If so, it is a sad day for the opposition, and a dire look at what may be ahead. Thailand needs youth, vigor, ideas, hope, vision and fresh energy. Not more of the same. 

Kind of like when the Democrats in the US, voted for Biden.  What the hell does a near 80 year old know what the younger generation wants?  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the saddest part about this is that millions of Thais will vote for her full well knowing that her criminal father will be the one who tells her what to do.

And it is obviously not only her. Wifes and children and relatives from well-known politicians get votes for being related to politician x. Qualifications? Who cares.

But then again in Thailand, and not only in Thailand, it seems in some circles it is a lot more important from which family you come and not so much about how qualified people are.

It's sad and happens all over the world.

Nonsense 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

Kind of like when the Democrats in the US, voted for Biden.  What the hell does a near 80 year old know what the younger generation wants?  

Well, the same could certainly be said of a carnival huckster. We need youth and vigor. Not old age and same, same. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

A friend of my with told me a story about this young lady. Supposedly, by the time she graduated uni, all her profs had new houses and drove Mercs

Why wasn't this speculation called out and flagged?

Why would she need to do this? Smart woman, best of Thai schools. Universities here cakewalk. Makes zero sense but go ahead... bet you're anti Taksin.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

I was going to say, we really need a business man to run the country, but oops.  That was Thaksin.  

Business minded people are a very mixed bag in government. They are potentially better at managing fiscal issues but often clueless in understanding the purpose behind the public interest. Life cannot always be reduced to numbers and money.

On 2/27/2023 at 8:08 AM, Henryford said:

As I understand it, any any opposition, be it one party or a coalition of parties would have to have 376 seats to outvote the Senate and be able to form a government. The party which is supported by, appointed by and will shortly reappoint the Senate needs 126. 

Not really gerrymandered, much.

Of course if any party or group looks like getting anywhere near 376, then the full panoply of election law and commissions will be deployed...