Khao San Road: Bouncer's assault of foreign tourist leads to training - further Tuk-Tuk slap attack revealed

webfact

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Do you really need to "train" people to assault tourists and other people in general?

Of course you do!

The bouncers have to be reminded in very clear terms to ONLY assault tourists who are so wasted that they are unable to identify in which establishment they received their beat-down!

No location, no crime!

4 minutes ago, lanng khao said:
15 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's never about it being the wrong thnig to do, is it. It's always about damaging Thailand's image. Which to most that have mentioned the country to me is that it's a hub of ladyboys and prostitution.

Maybe the need to get out of Bangla rd and soi sokkoprok in Pattaya and see the real Thailand then 

They are not in Thailand but have read plenty about the country. But thanks for confirming that such people are 'at work', and where, to confirm what they think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

ASEAN NOW notes that Thailand is desperately trying to recover from the tourism damage wrought by the pandemic and infractions such as those reported here are being dealt with swiftly to try and protect Thailand's image, particularly with foreign tourists.

Again and again and again and again.... Down down deeper and down.

Why can I hear Status Quo playing a song?

On 2/27/2023 at 8:08 AM, webfact said:

They were told about their responsibilities towards tourists and what they could and couldn't do.

To be clear:  stealing 20 baht bottles of water is not OK, but you can't slap people for it, just make them pay.  On the other hand, buying LSD, fake IDs, and bribing cops are all approved activities.  Must be some confusing training!  

• Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 6:36 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

It's never about it being the wrong thing to do, is it. It's always about damaging Thailand's image. Which to most that have mentioned the country to me is that it's a hub of ladyboys and prostitution.

Right ! I’ve been coming to Thailand for long winters since 1984 . Then it was a far off exotic country , the biggest tourist fear was catching Malaria ! It was a different place, much more friendly , peaceful. 
Nowadays I spend less time due to Covid and  complicated visa process, but when I do go, as lately, the people I know make comments on Thailand that are not very complimentary ! They wonder what draws me back to such a place , most of these people have been there in the last 10 years or so.  Or the question «  doesn’t the in your face «  prostitution bother you , the poverty , the pollution ?? It’s hard to answer, I know I get used to it, even if I don’t like it at all.I just say I’ve found a quiet place to spend time through the winter, the best answer I have .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1