Finnish Ex-pat Found Dead in Sattahip With Slit Throat, Wife Says He Died By Suicide

snoop1130

12 hours ago, redwood1 said:

And the guy did not think to hang himself or how about the old charcoal briquettes in the bathroom with the door and windows shut...

Slitting your own throat would be horrible...

In the west this would lead to a major investigation.....Here...Well.....We all know the vertic on almost all farang deaths...

Is there a flying club at Sattahip

Highly possible if he slit his jugular vein as he would bleed out quickly but the place would be sprayed with blood I imagine.

Knew a guy who done it to himself while in the back of a car while being driven to hospital as he was feeling paranoid and needed to get to the psychiatric hospital to be treated. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SenorTashi said:

Yeah I read or watched something about it years ago too. Couldn't remember the details but i think if you get it wrong the head comes right off. 

Oh...  I forgot about that part!  True that. 

• Haha 1

Thank you,

5 hours ago, spermwhale said:

Forget about him slitting his own throat. Of course that is possible, but how could he do that AND  then somehow stabbed or cleaved himself in the chest with the chopping knife.

Where does it say that he "stabbed or cleaved himself in the chest?

According to the OP:- 

"A chopping knife was found on his chest"

Note: Not IN his chest!

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Please do not generalise.You are confirming that YOUR Thai wife is very difficult to live with. Mine is not.

yes, yes, mine is different......there is always one who never fails to turn up on these threads....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Forget about him slitting his own throat. Of course that is possible, but how could he do that AND  then somehow stabbed or cleaved himself in the chest with the chopping knife.

The clever wasn't in his chest. It was LAYED on his chest.

t AND  then somehow stabbed or cleaved himself

Maybe he stabbed himself before, and seeing he could not succeed, slit his throat. But even that is suspicious, because slitting one throat with a chopping knife is dubbious.

3 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

If you think hanging is any better, it isn't.

But since we are here to discuss it, none of us have that level of depression/mental illness to understand what would motivate someone to do that.

When you hang it cuts off the blood flow to the bain and you would pass out in a couple of minutes and feel nothing more.......Less painful than a high-rise swan dive I think....

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ToolKit said:

Maybe he stabbed himself before, and seeing he could not succeed, slit his throat. But even that is suspicious, because slitting one throat with a chopping knife is dubbious.

He might of had problems but come on,only some one who is very very crazy would choose to end it this way...

• Like 2

In Finnish Facebook groups people who knew this guy said cannot be suicide. The lady in other hand has attacked one of the Facebook group members in the past. I am not sure what is truth. There is photos also online about the man buying nice house, cars, sauna etc. He pretty much had everything to settle down after selling everything in Finland. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Is it even physically possible to slit your own throat and then voluntarilty lie still until you bleed to death?

I believe it was the traditional way for certain classes of Japanese women to commit suicide.

8 hours ago, Superphoenix said:

It is possible for someone to slit their own throat and then lie still until they bleed to death. However, it is not common for individuals to be able to commit suicide in this way. 

The act of cutting one's own throat requires a significant amount of force, and it is difficult to do so without causing extreme pain and trauma to oneself. Furthermore, after inflicting such a wound, the natural reaction of the body would be to attempt to stop the bleeding and seek medical attention.

In some cases, a person may be able to overcome their instinctual response to seek medical attention and lie still until they bleed to death. However, it is important to note that suicide is a complex issue, and there may be many factors at play in any given situation

Its hard to imagine cutting your own throat as a chosen method of suicide. Especially with the cut being so deep it entered the windpipe.

• Thumbs Up 1

People have to be very depressed to commit suicide. Maybe his wife didn't notice but that is unlikely. My uncle was an alcoholic and tried to kill himself numerous times. He succeeded with an open razor. I think his depression was obvious to the whole family but in the 60s there wasn't that much help outside of big cities.

7 hours ago, SenorTashi said:

I believe the goal with hanging is to fall far enough that your body weight snaps your neck,

Yes, that is the purpose of the "Hangman Knoose".  The 13 coils of the rope are placed to the side of the neck, not directly behind the neck.  The coils will tilt the head which causes the weight of the body to snap the neck and sever the spinal cord causing almost instantaneous death.  If hung with just a slip knot it's a slow strangulation or even a decapitation depending on how long the drop.

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

......., she and her husband had lived together forears without registering their marriage

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

......., she and her husband had lived together for five years without registering their marriage

Someone will have to explain this to me.....????

I now know 3 close firends, expats, who killed themselves in Thailand.  I don't know for this one, but the others were severe depressed and not happy in their relationship. Life was sucked out of them. No more fun. Their Thai dream was one big disappointment for them resulting in suicide.  Keeps you thinking what is wrong?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Sounds like a typo was corre Ted and then reading into it they were married Thai style and not a true marriage as it was never registered as one at the Amphur. Either that or they were narried in Finland but then never went to the Amphur here to solidify it on Thai soil... doesn't really matter as the poor Finnish  man is hopefully RIP.

1 minute ago, ThailandGuy said:

I now know 3 close firends, expats, who killed themselves in Thailand.  I don't know for this one, but the others were severe depressed and not happy in their relationship. Life was sucked out of them. No more fun. Their Thai dream was one big disappointment for them resulting in suicide.  Keeps you thinking what is wrong?

So many women, so little time, plan B and Plan C needed, never invest all...have to have a fall back plan to continue living.  Mental health is not a joke and there is help available....many just don't reach out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1