Non O Guardian Visa 12 Month Extension - Thai Daughter Finished School

Hi,

I am a 55 year old Brit that has brought up my Thai daughter alone since she was 1 years old. She is now 16 almost 17. She lives with me. I have never been married.

I have a court order confirming me as being her father from a Thai Family Court.

I am due to do my 12 month extension again shortly.

Normally as part of the long list of documentation I have to submit I have to take photos of her and me inside and outside of the school and also a letter from the school confirming that she is a student.

She quit school 4 months ago and currently isn't working.

Will this affect my application for a 12 months extension on my Non-O Guardian Visa and do I need any additional documentation now that she has quit school?

Thanks.

PS - For numerous reasons I am not interested in getting a retirement visa.

Of course, it is none of the business of the members here, but I am sad to hear that your daughter has decided not to finish high school. This is likely to have a long term detrimental effect on her future life.

6 hours ago, Siamesepiggster said:

Will this affect my application for a 12 months extension on my Non-O Guardian Visa and do I need any additional documentation now that she has quit school

Your daughter is Thai.

She does not need to attend school for you to obtain extension based on support of your Thai daughter at soon to be 17. 

Edited by DrJack54

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

Of course, it is none of the business of the members here, but I am sad to hear that your daughter has decided not to finish high school. This is likely to have a long term detrimental effect on her future life.

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct. 

None of anyone's business. 

Doc, you are correct...

BritTim: My son dropped out of Mattayom 5 (aka 11th grade) at 16. He entered Mahidol University the next Fall and continues his education and life there & here.
@Siamesepiggster Best wishes for you. I've luckily had the wife to help navigate the education system. The VISA and extensions she was not so good with. Thankfully we've got @ubonjoe and... DrJack54.  This used to be ThaiVisa with emphasis in that regard.  It was great to see such a helpful question and informed answer.