Land Department to Renovate Restrooms at its Offices Nationwide

snoop1130

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

In the lockdown they did not have time to do it and pay so people could have an income??/

And I wonder how many quotations they need to follow government regulations? And how many did they actually receive?

I would just hope the work is completed to a much higher standard than at my old Thai uni, 9 floors, 3 to 4 toilets rooms each floor, 3 years to complete with numerous stops / starts.

Finished work way less than disgraceful.  Some inestigation revealed that the 'contractor' had never done/managed any similar work or any work involving plumbing/tiling etc. "Contractor' in fact someones brother in law. Buidings/engineering/maintenace manger for the uni was told to NOT visit/inspect the progress of the work and NOT do a final inspection. 

Within 3 months of completeion more than half the stalls blocked and unfixable, half the urinals unusable, always water all over the floors in every toilet block.

Five years later even less stalls/cubicles work, still water all ove the floor in every toilet room.

Edited by scorecard

19 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Why is this newsworthy?????

Curious.

Perhaps I'm missing something. ????

That it affects 13 million people?

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It is reported that as many as 13 million people visited land offices across Thailand in 2022.

Many expats here are extremely delicate and fussy, known for their exceptional hygiene and cleanliness (if unfairly maligned by Thais), so this should take away one of countless causes for whinging. They've never succeeded in mastering squat toilets, either.

May this serve as inspiration for other gov't depts to follow suit.

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Public restrooms at land offices across Thailand are set to be renovated to meet safety and health standards, providing visitors with a better experience during their visit.

Must be flush with money?