Which one is better? lazada or shopee?

topswijaya

What I need 100% every month..

'fish food 20kg'   sack

= Shoppe  1 page and mostly cat or dog food  !!!

= Lazada  75 pages of almost all Fish food sellers 

So which is best ?  it is the same on many different things, so difficult to search for what one wants

1 hour ago, ignis said:

'fish food 20kg'   sack

So which is best ?  it is the same on many different things, so difficult to search for what one wants

Do you raise catfish?.........Or do you have a monster sized fish tank..

This email I sent to Lazada on May 4.

This concerns order number 689xxxxxxxxx1399, as well as EVERY other order during the past 12 months when Flash Express was the logistics company.

On May 3 my order was marked as WILL BE DELIVERED TODAY, so I waited for the delivery.

Nobody showed up or contacted me.

At 9pm that day the Flash Express tracking page showed a notice that they had contacted me in a 17 SECONDS duration call.

Nobody made a call, and it would also be impossible to establish a call in 17 seconds.

On May 4, there was still no further update, other than out for delivery, will be delivered TODAY May 3.

I contacted lazada customer support twice that day, and the response was simply pathetic. Obviously Lazada support is also non-existent, or they can't be bothered.

On May 4 at 4pm I drive to the Flash Express warehouse, similar as with EVERY other order in the past 12 months, which is less than 2km from my residence to go after my order.

Although the order is marked as out for delivery for more than 24 hours already, and they claim to have called me the previous day, it now becomes clear that the order even has never been handed to a driver.

Pictures included as evidence.

This is not a standalone event, but happens with each and every order where Flash Express is the logistics.

They never ever call or deliver, though they always list fake calls, lasting between 4 and 17 seconds, and claim I reschedule the delivery. You will know that it is impossible to establish a call within that time.

A few times they called at 6am or at 11pm, but let the phone ring just one time, or hang up without saying a word as soon as I pick up

Then, when I drive to the warehouse to pick up the item, which is certainly not my duty, they will make a 1 ring call to my number as soon as I have left, to pretend that they did the delivery to my address.

I have photo evidence that not a single order during the last 12 months, and where Flash Express was the logistics, has been delivered to my residence, and that there never has been a phone conversation regarding any of those deliveries.

My house is in a residential area, in the same sub-district and just THREE turns away from the Flash warehouse

I have reported this at least 10 times already during the past 12 months, but NOTHING has been done by Lazada, so obviously they don't give a damn about customers.

And this was the response from Lazada 2 days later, which shows what a pathetic organisation they actually are

Warm Greeting from Lazada!

Regarding your concern about delivered but not received from 
order number:  689xxxxxxx1399

As we coordinated with the logistics department, they informed us that you received it already. 

If you still have not received the parcel, do not hesitate to contact us back via Chat. We are willing to coordinate with our team once again. 

Should you need further assistant, please contact our customer service via live chat 08.00-22.00 hr.

You see guys, Lazada and Shopee are Thailands Santa Clause....

You ony need a few clicks and great stuff starts to magically apear on your doorstep a few days later....

Yeah for Lazada......

Yeah for Shopee...

Santa Claus Images - Free Download on Freepik

Here is another warning for those NOT using COD.

If you pay using your Lazada wallet, and you get a return, the refund will be added to your wallet as a deposit, which you are unable to withdraw, unless you want to have your wallet permanently disabled.

A disabled wallet means you can not receive future refunds for returns of their fake and low quality items, because refunds are issued to a wallet

So they hold your refund money hostage, only because you paid upfront, by topping up your wallet via direct debit of your bank.

image.png.efdbfa7d968f143d1119b32747595090.png

image.png.92c06653fa0bd954b60271c080f8deb0.pngimage.png.4a0427725772a4483955e7d5ba7d5aa1.pngimage.png.6c6c38791b5a3fbdd926d3665c9ac62a.png

Edited by BenStark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BenStark said:

If you pay using your Lazada wallet, and you get a return, the refund will be added to your wallet as a deposit, which you are unable to withdraw, unless you want to have your wallet permanently disabled.

A disabled wallet means you can not receive future refunds for returns of their fake and low quality items, because refunds are issued to a wallet

So they hold your refund money hostage, only because you paid upfront, by topping up your wallet via direct debit of your bank.

image.png.efdbfa7d968f143d1119b32747595090.png

image.png.92c06653fa0bd954b60271c080f8deb0.pngimage.png.4a0427725772a4483955e7d5ba7d5aa1.pngimage.png.6c6c38791b5a3fbdd926d3665c9ac62a.png

I get this message below. I withdrew long time ago without a problem.

SmartSelect_20230510-002600_Lazada.jpg

9 hours ago, BenStark said:

You don't need a wallet to make payments - have been using US bank cards with no issues and infrequent refunds have been made to account in a timely manner.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I get this message below. I withdrew long time ago without a problem.

SmartSelect_20230510-002600_Lazada.jpg

I just see that this amount is a deposit - can't remember that I ever made one because I order COD all the time. And deposits cannot be withdrawn like refunds.

On 3/4/2023 at 2:26 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Lazada is better, but always pay cash on delivery.

Paying cash on delivery is inconvenient. I have a mailing address for deliveries so i can't be disturbed and who wants to wait around all day for the delivery guy to turn up? I've never, in over 10 years had a problem with getting refunds if required. You can get better deals on Ali Express, which does a lot of free shipping to Thailand, but you'll have wait longer for delivery.

Edited by JensenZ

9 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Paying cash on delivery is inconvenient. I have a mailing address for deliveries so i can't be disturbed and who wants to wait around all day for the delivery guy to turn up? I've never, in over 10 years had a problem with getting refunds if required. You can get better deals on Ali Express, which does a lot of free shipping to Thailand, but you'll have wait longer for delivery.

It is inconvenient but you can control a little bit what you get. One day I got an envelope instead of a bigger box with the product. Or the package was completely damaged or even open. In all such cases I refuse to accept the delivery or the courier allows me to unpack it in front of him and take pictures and check the contents.

Edited by Mickeymaus

1 minute ago, Mickeymaus said:

It is inconvenient but you can control a little bit what you get. One day I got an envelope instead of the a bigger box with the product. Or the package was completely damaged or even open. In all such cases I refuse to accept the delivery or the courier allows me to unpack it in front of him and take pictures and check the contents. .

Sounds like you've had a lot of bad luck. For me there's nothing worse than being disturbed by a deliverer that can't find my address or speak English. I don't have a Thai partner to help out. Lazada has my delivery address phone number, so they can help him find the place, and they email me when I've had a delivery and I can pick it up 24/7. I have tried the COD, but it's very stressful for the deliverers to find me or reach me on the phone (which is always on silent mode as I don't take calls) - I feel sorry for them LOL

36 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Ali Express, which does a lot of free shipping 

Really?........I have never seen free shipping on 

Ali Express.......

Anyways Ali Express is just a dumbed down version of Ali Baba which has the really good stuff..

Have used both for a considerable period of time with some great, some bad experiences on both.  But lately have noticed a big change on Shopee's system that many of you may not be aware of - the shipping cost changing.

Pick an item.  Write down the shipping charge.  Add it to your cart and do a test pay.  Nine times out of 10 the shipping charge has changed.  And example this week - was going to order kitchen tap valves,  Shipping B7.  Checkout.  Shipping B84.  Removed item from cart and ordered from Lazada.  Initial shipping charge B35.  Checkout shipping B35.  Paid amount - B35.

16 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Have used both for a considerable period of time with some great, some bad experiences on both.  But lately have noticed a big change on Shopee's system that many of you may not be aware of - the shipping cost changing.

Pick an item.  Write down the shipping charge.  Add it to your cart and do a test pay.  Nine times out of 10 the shipping charge has changed.  And example this week - was going to order kitchen tap valves,  Shipping B7.  Checkout.  Shipping B84.  Removed item from cart and ordered from Lazada.  Initial shipping charge B35.  Checkout shipping B35.  Paid amount - B35.

I've noticed the same with Shopee for a long time, just shady business practices

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You don't need a wallet to make payments - have been using US bank cards with no issues and infrequent refunds have been made to account in a timely manner.

Not everyone in the world has US credit cards unfortunately, and my point was that you need a wallet to receive refunds. If you withdraw a deposit your wallet will be suspended indefinitely, as shown in my post

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

I just see that this amount is a deposit - can't remember that I ever made one because I order COD all the time. And deposits cannot be withdrawn like refunds.

Yes that is what I explained, they add refunds now as a deposit, so you can not withdraw them. Pretty poor behavior from Lazada, keeping your money hostage

8 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Not everyone in the world has US credit cards unfortunately, and my point was that you need a wallet to receive refunds. If you withdraw a deposit your wallet will be suspended indefinitely, as shown in my post

Yes that is what I explained, they add refunds now as a deposit, so you can not withdraw them. Pretty poor behavior from Lazada, keeping your money hostage

I suspect other cards will work just as well (I have used both credit and debit) - and my point was you do not require a wallet to receive refunds when doing so..

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Shipping charges can vary from vendor to vendor for the same item.....

Its not really a Lazada vs Shopee thing...

But if I had to choose I would say Shopees shipping charges are lower more often..

Both need to be checked with every order....

Edited by redwood1

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

I suspect other cards will work just as well (I have used both credit and debit) - and my point was you do not require a wallet to receive refunds when doing so..

You need a wallet to receive refunds for items paid COD, which I always do, for reasons explained by others

This time I used the wallet, because it gave me a significant extra coupon. Just such another thing, coupons only valid when you pay by wallet.

The top up to the wallet is by direct debit from Kasikorn by the way

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

You need a wallet to receive refunds for items paid COD, which I always do, for reasons explained by others

But you posted as a warning for those not using COD in your original post:

Suspect you mean for those that are using COD?

23 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But you posted as a warning for those not using COD in your original post:

Suspect you mean for those that are using COD?

Nope, because those using COD will get the refund added as a refund in the wallet, and can withdraw.

Those who use the wallet, and obviously will have to add some money one way or another, before they can pay with it, will not be able to withdraw refunds

But yeah, maybe I should have added, those that use a US bank credit card are not affected

Edited by BenStark

24 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Shipping charges can vary from vendor to vendor for the same item.....

Its not really a Lazada vs Shopee thing...

But if I had to choose I would say Shopees shipping charges are lower more often..

Both need to be checked with every order....

I think you missed his point. He said that shipping charges changed AFTER he had added the item to his cart.

Also with Shopee, free shipping does not exist anymore, even if you have a free shipping coupon, the shipping is still 7 baht.

16 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I think you missed his point. He said that shipping charges changed AFTER he had added the item to his cart.

Also with Shopee, free shipping does not exist anymore, even if you have a free shipping coupon, the shipping is still 7 baht.

It is not easy with all the coupons and other things. I always go to check out and check the real cost before I buy. And in the picture below you also have to take into account the Cashback earned that you can use for new purchases. 

SmartSelect_20230510-111353_Lazada.jpg

On 5/6/2023 at 1:01 PM, Peterphuket said:

The solution for the problem of delivery is to give the phone number of your partner, she or he know exactly to explain the courier where your home is.

I speak Thai very well after 50 years here and passing Thai exams. The issue is being able to get someone on the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:25 AM, redwood1 said:

Ali Express, which does a lot of free shipping 

Really?........I have never seen free shipping on 

Ali Express.......

Anyways Ali Express is just a dumbed down version of Ali Baba which has the really good stuff..

AliExpress is not a 'dumbed down version of Ali Baba', it's the retail side of the business. Most vendors on Ali Baba are wholesale suppliers.

On 5/10/2023 at 10:54 AM, BenStark said:

Nope, because those using COD will get the refund added as a refund in the wallet, and can withdraw.

Those who use the wallet, and obviously will have to add some money one way or another, before they can pay with it, will not be able to withdraw refunds

But yeah, maybe I should have added, those that use a US bank credit card are not affected

Why not just use a local Visa/Mastercard? What's the point of messing around with their e-wallet?

On 5/7/2023 at 9:16 AM, ignis said:

'fish food 20kg'   sack

The problem with both platforms is the backend code was written by dribbling morons. There is no provision to search for fish food in speech marks so you only get results with that specific phrase. When you enter 'fish food 20kg', both websites will return every single item that features the words, 'fish', 'food' or (not and, or) '20kg' in either the title or the description. In other words, both sites are relatively useless.

Edited by Mark1066
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 10:14 AM, BenStark said:

Why don't you simply use a debit card issued by a local bank?

Edited by Mark1066

Just another bad Lazada experience. This time LEX TH. Get the message out for delivery. Get the message delivery will be attempted within the next hour. Get a not understandable call from the courier. Get the status that I rescheduled the delivery. Get a call I guess from LEX that he was too far away from my location and he will come tomorrow. All calls are recorded. They get on my nerves. They keep me waiting for nothing and this many times already ????????????????????????