Three drunk Thais held for armed robbery attempt of foreign tourist in Khao San area -  every excuse given after police intervention

webfact

18 minutes ago, hellohello123 said:

This may be true  but In the western world they admit to it but just claim mental illness  or a poor upbrigning

And get a slap on the wrist

But they don't do it again !

Arrested, how civilized. About 20 years ago an Englishman told me he was having his bar renovated on Koh Samui, the workers complained that two days in a row some of their tools had been stolen overnight, so he waited that night to see if the thief would return. Sure enough he caught a Thai teenager red handed and his wife called the police. When he handed him over to the two cops they asked the falang what he wanted done with him, surprised he said you're the police, arrest him. They just shook their heads and said the teen wasn't worth the trouble so they took him outside and broke both his arms......as a warning they said nonchalantly and then drove off leaving him groaning in pain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Arrested, how civilized. About 20 years ago an Englishman told me he was having his bar renovated on Koh Samui, the workers complained that two days in a row some of their tools had been stolen overnight, so he waited that night to see if the thief would return. Sure enough he caught a Thai teenager red handed and his wife called the police. When he handed him over to the two cops they asked the falang what he wanted done with him, surprised he said you're the police, arrest him. They just shook their heads and said the teen wasn't worth the trouble so they took him outside and broke both his arms......as a warning they said nonchalantly and then drove off leaving him groaning in pain.

Be a lot less crime with the young yobs eh 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Three drunk Thai men who produced a large knife and showed a gun in a robbery attempt of a foreign tourist in the Khao San area last night offered every excuse about their behavior

Lowering the image yet another notch.

29 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Wait a minute—I thought guns were illegal in Thailand for most.  How come bad guys have guns?

Thai citizens are allowed to own  guns as they are allowed to own weed plants but we farangs aren’t allowed anything even if it’s to protect our selves 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A Romanian tourist we shall call Y.B., aged 28, had been on his way last night to catch a bus for a trip to Koh Kood.

Story indicated the Romanian had 1800 baht on him; that's enough to get you from Khao San area to Koh Kood ?  

In collectivist Thailand it's society as a whole that bares responsibility not the individual. They are taught this from an early age which the whole "saving face" thing is. It's childlike culture is on full view. That's why I often hear "you no understand Thai culture". Unfortunately I do. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/4/2023 at 12:57 PM, worgeordie said:

Give them a few years in prison , time to sober up, they are liars, never mind armed robbers,

regards worgeordie

A few years in prison to sharpen up their skills and excuses

• Like 1