USA Powerlifting to allow trans athletes to compete with women after losing suit

onthedarkside

44 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Woman's sports is pretty much dead.  Anything involving strength & endurance, they simply can't compete against man.  Biology is against them.

With all the doping, sports is a bit of a joke anyway, and just an industry within itself.

Remember as a youngin', when Bob Hayes won Gold & broke records.  Inspired me to run track, and a good thing, as no PoPo could catch in a foot chase ????

Now if someone wins a meet or breaks a record, first thing I and people think about is how juiced up he or she was.  

Look at the guy who broke the HR record some 20 yrs ago, which people followed, only to have an * next to his name for being juiced up.

You got the cyclist, who denied it for years, ruined other people's careers only to admit it, after raking in millions.

Sports ... what a joke.

You never raced against Beryl Burton did you?!

On dope in sports, especially cycling, I agree with you.

Here in Thailand the indicators for doping in cycling are plain to see, but there are no testing regimes in place so it’s the wild wild East and a destination for a number of pro cyclists who were banned for doping in Europe.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I'm firmly on the "biology matters" side on this one:  Only women who were born women, with real female bodies, should be allowed to compete in women's sports. 

I don't care if this upsets people who were born as men but identify as women; going through adolescence as a male gives a person an unfair advantage in size and strength over biological women. 

Allowing trans-women to compete against other women also opens up a new avenue for cheating; it provides an incentive for someone who is flexible regarding sexuality to claim they identify as a woman.  There are some win-at-all-cost competitors who will do this; after all there have been many athletes who eagerly take steroids without regard to the long-term consequences for their health in order to get a competitive edge.  Wearing a skirt for a bigger advantage will prove to be too much of a temptation for some.

I'm firmly on the "biology matters" side on this one:  Only women who were born women, with real female bodies, should be allowed to compete in women's sports. 

+1 on that. Hopefully there will be an appeal on this judgement?

• Thanks 1

Going through life I often noticed news regarding feminists beating down on men for something or other.

Now things have come full cycle. Some men are now women beating down on other women.

If you can't beat them , join them. What goes around comes around.

It's a mad mad world.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I started cycling at 14 years old, classification school boy.

Later male junior, Under 21 male, Senior Male 3rd Cat, 2nd Cat, 1st Cat, Professional male, and now Veteran male.

Throughout which I frequently raced against girls and women and combinations of the above categories.

Prizes were always awarded for category.

It seems somebody has has forgotten how to do that.

Which is odd, since due to numbers of competitors very many sports events open to girls and women would not take place if they didn’t compete alongside boys and men.

Just add another category and award prizes according to category.

• Thanks 1

This is excellent news for mediocre males who now get a second chance to compete at the highest levels if they are unable to succeed in their own gender.   This is evolution in progress and these new and improved versions of women will actually be able to start lifting weights at a more equivalent level to their male counterparts.    This is a tremendous victory for the woke left.   I doff my cap to you.  

The naysayers would have you believe that this will destroy women's sports, but this ruling actually raises the levels of women's sports and this brings women a bit closer to the levels that men are able to reach with their superior strength and power.   Women should be grateful to the new and improved women that will soon be smashing all the records that the old fashioned and inferior versions of women were able to achieve.    Women who have penises are simply superior versions of women and if you disagree you are a transphobe.   

5 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Where did this woke <deleted> come from?  And who really supports it?

I commend everyone on this thread for supporting women’s sports worldwide

It’s a non issue most folks don’t even think about it it’s a distraction and a device to further divide the electorate in my humble opinion in formal competition innies compleat with innies and outies with outies simple as the vast majority feel about it 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

“cease and desist from all unfair discriminatory practices”

How about cease and desist from all unfair practices? 

Because if they do that then they won't allow a XY compete to against a XX. Because that is not fair.

14 minutes ago, Credo said:

Perhaps a new category for trans athletes should be an option.   

Men's, Women's & Other's  ...  good idea, but it wouldn't make money.

Nobody cares about the others competing, and won't, don't pay to see.  Obvious with the failure of woke at the box office.  Push it all you want, it's not selling.

Other's being integrated into women's sports, will just kill it.  If people want to see men compete, they'll just watch, attend men's sporting events.

As someone stated, it's just a distraction, but sadly, women's sports will be a casualty of this divisive tactic.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

USA Powerlifting must allow trans athletes to compete in the women’s division after transgender lifter JayCee Cooper won her discrimination case against the organization.

Politics should be kept out of sports...

This is a step too far and will kill the sport.

• Like 1

A post with an altered quote has been removed.  

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

https://aseannow.com/terms/