Michael Knowles Says Transgenderism Must Be ‘Eradicated’ at CPAC

onthedarkside

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

I said nothing about pervert, sex pest or exposing one's self. You are twisting once again.

I guess you have never been in a public changing room. I have and understand that it is likely there will be naked people getting changed or dressed. That is why changing rooms in public places are single sex.

Yes, that’s why they have cubicles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

Thinking, " it's okay to be white" is bigotry?

Of course it's okay to be white. 

Maybe consider some context instead of just the words in isolation?

The phrase “It’s Okay To Be White” is a slogan popularized in late 2017 as a trolling campaign by members of the controversial discussion forum 4chan. The original idea behind the campaign was to choose an ostensibly innocuous and inoffensive slogan, put that slogan on fliers bereft of any other words or imagery, then place the fliers in public locations. Originators assumed that “liberals” would react negatively to such fliers and condemn them or take them down, thus “proving” that liberals did not even think it was “okay" to be white.

https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/its-okay-be-white

• Thanks 1

It seems now in politics we have the choice between the extreme left who seem to think it's up to each individual to think every morning what gender they like to be on that day.

And the extreme right who pretend gays and lesbians don't exist.

Is it really so difficult to accept that gays and lesbians do exist but that it is madness to decide to change the gender from time to time? 

I suggest if a guy wants to be a woman then the first thing he should do is cut off that thing. That shown good intentions. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems now in politics we have the choice between the extreme left who seem to think it's up to each individual to think every morning what gender they like to be on that day.

And the extreme right who pretend gays and lesbians don't exist.

Is it really so difficult to accept that gays and lesbians do exist but that it is madness to decide to change the gender from time to time? 

I suggest if a guy wants to be a woman then the first thing he should do is cut off that thing. That shown good intentions. 

Better intentions would be to live and let live.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Most likely.

Yes, a lot of non-hetero people show signs of racist bigotry against normal hetero Caucasian males.

It's as if that someone being a normal happy white guy makes them hate them. 

Hopefully they will learn to love themselves more than they hate us. ????

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Yes, a lot of non-hetero people show signs of racist bigotry against normal hetero Caucasian males.

It's as if that someone being a normal happy white guy makes them hate them. 

Hopefully they will learn to love themselves more than they hate us. ????

Yes, the real victims are white heterosexual males. Actually, in his mostly mediocre comedy special, Chris Rock did have a funny bit about the rioters in the capitol building. They were mostly white me who were there to overturn the power structure. Rock's point was that, in effect, they were there to depose themselves.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Where did I say that? 

Whose society do they need to fit into? They are already part of society. Anti gay bigots wish they weren't. "Fit into society" is code for they need to change. Kind of like a red headed freckle faced kid needs to "fit into society".

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

People just wanting to live their lives as they are is not picking a fight 

It's the fascists picking a fight. They fire up their ignorant bigoted base by targeting people who are different.

Picking on people who have the least to fight back with, that's what bullies do.  It's also the right-wing's go-to tactic, promoted by Roger Ailes, founder and evil mentor of Fox cable channel.

Then when they start losing they pivot to "the defense of children" which, other their their own valued offspring, they couldn't give a rat's tail about. 

Other than what their own hypocritical religious leaders have to say about it, most of them would probably prefer MORE women would get abortions if they are non-white: they abandon any concern for the newborn child the moment it takes in air.  I'm waiting for someone to come up with a statistic that the number of abortions are disproportionately performed on non-white women -- that just might cause them to never mention abortion again.

I'm holding fast to my opinion that this "drag queen story hour" was something concocted by the right so they have something to point and scream at: "look what they're doing to our children!"

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Fortunately, it seems to be mostly limited to America, one of the most dysfunctional societies on the planet. And I say that as an American! There is some leakage elsewhere, but it does not appear to be taken too seriously. In the US, it is completely out of control.

Seems you do not have the BBC in your area.........

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Here's something else Knowles said in the same article:

“And the whole point of transgenderism is that it has nothing to do with biology.”

Which just shows what an ignoramus he is:

Research on the Transgender Brain: What You Should Know

“When we look at the transgender brain, we see that the brain resembles the gender that the person identifies as,” Dr. Altinay says. For example, a person who is born with a penis but ends up identifying as a female often actually has some of the structural characteristics of a “female” brain.

And the brain similarities aren’t only structural.

“We’re also finding some functional similarities between the transgender brain and its identified gender,” Dr. Altinay says.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/research-on-the-transgender-brain-what-you-should-know/

Brain Sex in Transgender Women Is Shifted towards Gender Identity

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8955456/

Once again, the right reveals itself to be the party of denialism of science.

I’d leave brains out of it.

Moral crusaders don’t do brains.

• Like 1

Don't feel that this a good idea to come out with such statements. Like it or not it is a fact that some people have an affinity for others of the same sex. If medical advance offers some consolation then why not indeed. But the trouble starts with some organisations don't change to account for 'new categories' (I'm thinking of the other thread on sports) and discrimination continues to heat up even more so.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and to this forum, LOL.

No one I know talks about it, ever, and never have. Like Britman, they keep such private.

And yet here we have an example of a rightwing politician grandstanding the issue at a national rightwing political conference.

Go figure.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

Yes I believe that there are 2 genders Male and Female. 

Then there is the alphabet soup of what people want to be called.

I was a boy and called a master, then as and adult man I was called a Mister.

In the last several years the requests to be called something else such as Them or They,

and other titles have made every thing more complicated. Some say its a new world I guess.

As a senior, to me it is the same world with people trying to make it a new world.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, SatEng said:

Tennessee introduces law to ban drag shows and British pantomimes

Tennessee is to introduce a state law restricting "adult cabaret performances", shows where it lumps together strip joints together with drag shows and British pantomimes under the heading of "any show with female or male impersonators"

The law builds on the growing trend of 33 states in the US legislating restrictions on transgender and other LGBT rights

Tennessee enacts nation’s first law restricting drag shows, bans gender-affirming care for youth (msn.com)

I see it as a reaction to the LG etc community shoving it into people's faces and "annoying" ( being polite ) them.

• Like 1

Where's Uncle Milty when we need him?

MIltonBerle2.jpg

Thinking back, there were several drag acts on highly-censored US television in the 1950-60s.  Jonathan Winters did a feisty old granny, Flip Wilson did Geraldine. 

I remember when Milton Berle did that pic above, they were spoofing Liz Taylor's Cleopatra movie, scandals and problems regarding the making of the movie dominated the media at the time.