Gender equality still ‘300 years away’, says UN secretary general

onthedarkside

14 hours ago, placeholder said:

So you were replying to johnnyinbangkok's post by replying to my post? Really?

????   Here's what you said.

image.png.5ec6fbd4cd3a40560ea206596d624dbb.png

JohnnyBangkok blames it all on men. So it is not dishonest BS, is it?

Here's exactly what he said. My words that he was quoting are in italics, his reply is not in italics.

image.png.d8613abcfe4d5dad7f9b638cfe6fc32a.png

So it appears you owe me an apology for saying it "is just more dishonest BS". Knowing your ilk, I won't hold my breath.????

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Here's exactly what he said. My words that he was quoting are in italics, his reply is not in italics.

So it appears you owe me an apology for saying it "is just more dishonest BS". Knowing your ilk, I won't hold my breath.????

Of course what you wrote is dishonest. In your reply to me, you didn't write Johnny Bangkok blames it on men. What you wrote was:

"Yet people blame it all on men. So I can only deduce from that information that they think Sturgeon is a man."

And, of course, your excuse fails even if you had just cited JohnnyBangkok specifically. Claiming that she looked like a man was obviously a gratuitous slap. Had you confined your comment to the assertion that people must think she's a man, you could have gotten away with it. But you didn't. You just couldn't resist taking a shot at by asserting how she looks as the source of their confusion by likening her appearance to a specific man. It's the kind of shaming that women in public life still have to put up with from certain unregenerate parties.

You've got nothing.

And as for your emotionally overwrought demand for an apology...

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Of course what you wrote is dishonest. In your reply to me, you didn't write Johnny Bangkok blames it on men. What you wrote was:

"Yet people blame it all on men. So I can only deduce from that information that they think Sturgeon is a man."

And, of course, your excuse fails even if you had just cited JohnnyBangkok specifically. Claiming that she looked like a man was obviously a gratuitous slap. Had you confined your comment to the assertion that people must think she's a man, you could have gotten away with it. But you didn't. You just couldn't resist taking a shot at by asserting how she looks as the source of their confusion by likening her appearance to a specific man. It's the kind of shaming that women in public life still have to put up with from certain unregenerate parties.

You've got nothing.

And as for your emotionally overwrought demand for an apology...

Some people do blame it all on men, I provided one very clear example from a forum member a few hours beforehand.

So it's not "more dishonest BS". It was true and I proved it. You should retract the comment and apologize. However, your ilk never does so I'm not surprised you try to deflect from your silly comment. I believe calling people a liar on the forum is against the rules as well as being incredibly rude and against the spirit of a good debate. Still, you can't teach class and I refuse to be drawn into a squabble in the gutter with someone who has more experience than me down there.

As for your attempt at virtue signalling, weak. Sooooo weak. ???? 

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Some people do blame it all on men, I provided one very clear example from a forum member a few hours beforehand.

So it's not "more dishonest BS". It was true and I proved it. You should retract the comment and apologize. However, your ilk never does so I'm not surprised you try to deflect from your silly comment. I believe calling people a liar on the forum is against the rules as well as being incredibly rude and against the spirit of a good debate. Still, you can't teach class and I refuse to be drawn into a squabble in the gutter with someone who has more experience than me down there.

As for your attempt at virtue signalling, weak. Sooooo weak. ???? 

Well if calling people a liar on this form is a violation of the rules, it could be that it's not me but you who could be said to have committed that infraction. This is of a piece with your overwrought demand that I apologize. In short, it's laughable.

Just now, placeholder said:

Well if calling people a liar on this form is a violation of the rules, it could be that it's not me but you who could be said to have committed that infraction. This is of a piece with your overwrought demand that I apologize. In short, it's laughable.

I'm not demanding you apologize. I'm just saying that if you had any decorum you would. I certainly wasn't expecting one just as I am not expecting your post to be removed for breaking the forum rules. Been on here too long to expect that ????.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Heard you the first time Bro.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Since you now seem to be using my post as some sort or weird justification to your posts (and are insisting on apologies from Placeholder), are you willing to retract/apologies for your previous statement of 'actually a lot of the erosion of rights is due to the trans movement'? 

25 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Since you now seem to be using my post as some sort or weird justification to your posts (and are insisting on apologies from Placeholder), are you willing to retract/apologies for your previous statement of 'actually a lot of the erosion of rights is due to the trans movement'? 

Why would I retract that statement? 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Why would I retract that statement? 

Because you now seem to be agreeing with me that it's men that have been eroding womens rights for centuries NOT transgenders. Therefore your statement of 'actually a lot of the erosion of rights is due to the trans movement'? is, by definition, wrong.

11 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Because you now seem to be agreeing with me that it's men that have been eroding womens rights for centuries NOT transgenders.

I'm not agreeing with that at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

Then stop quoting me then.

You seem very confused. Maybe go back and re-read the thread slowly. You are the one blaming this all on men, not me. 

Maybe you confused me quoting you with my actual opinions? Who knows...

• Thumbs Up 1