Controversy over Lisa’s tattoos shows misogynistic, outdated mindset

webfact

15 hours ago, novacova said:

Because it looks trampy to those who don’t think the appearance is appealing or appropriate. It’s not a matter of degradation, it’s an option. Intolerance of another’s opinion is a prejudice of its own. What other opinions or beliefs of others that make the above poster, to feel uncomfortable enough to hurl incendiaries? I have many friends with tattoos and or hairy grungy heads and faces, it doesn’t bother me one bit, it just looks freaking goofy and silly to me because it’s an ornamental show to be a part of some kind of “In Thing”. Just freaking goofy ????. My opinion ????

So you think its Trampy etc , than you say it doesn't bother you .

Sounds  contradictional to me .Why bother posting.

So that's it than I got my opinion, you got yours, 

20 hours ago, proton said:

Apologies I should have added soldiers along with sailors, only doing it as their mates had them and they did not want to be left out.

Still very considering. I never ever ran with the herd, I was not influenced with other soldiers. If I had not gone to Hong Kong I would never have got any tattoos as I did not like the thick lines of the ink in the UK. In Hong Kong  the art was very good, so good that 20 years later a guy came upto me who I was teaching Scuba to asked me if I had got them at Jimmy's in Hong Kong.  Apart from the admiration of the tattoos at Jimmy's alcohol played a big part in the decision making process of this young man 3 times = 2, 2 and 1 over  a year.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

So you think its Trampy etc , than you say it doesn't bother you .

Sounds  contradictional to me .Why bother posting.

So that's it than I got my opinion, you got yours, 

Take another read and try to comprehend before letting those panties get all wadded up. If it’s annoying then good and I’m not sorry, because it makes me feel warm and glowy????????

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2023 at 10:50 AM, proton said:

You have a few tats then, any pics?

I'm sure based on another thread about tattoos a few months back that he does, as do I. We get tats because we like them but more importantly they have a significant meaning for us. What other people think is irrelevant.  Those who categorise people with tats are just narrow minded bigots and they should keep their small minded opinions to themselves.

Edited by TigerandDog
additional information
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

I'm sure based on another thread about tattoos a few months back that he does, as do I. We get tats because we like them but more importantly they have a significant meaning for us. What other people think is irrelevant.  Those who categorise people with tats are just narrow minded bigots and they should keep their small minded opinions to themselves.

What are your thoughts on amulets that people wear to protect themselves against evil spirits and bad fortune? At least they can be removed!

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What are your thoughts on amulets that people wear to protect themselves against evil spirits and bad fortune? At least they can be removed!

again it's up to the individual and what they believe, and it's not just Buddhists that wear them. All religions have amulets that people wear for protection etc. My comment also applies to them viz. naysayers negative comments are irrelevant.

Tattoos are a fashion trend now. That won't always be the case. And they tend to look worse over time. Millions are trying to have their tattoos removed. Not an easy thing. 

I happen to find tattoos on women sexy. But, I am glad I can simply observe them, and don't have to own them. There is a bit of a *paint by numbers" wannabe hipness factor to tattoos. Same as torn jeans, and beards, but those jeans and the ridiculous beards are easy to remove. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

significant meaning for us.

If I had b50 for every bad, stupid and or ugly tattoo that I see daily I'd be set for life.

The ghastly tribal tattoo? Mickey mouse? Some clever and misspelled witticism? The name of your gf-wife-ex ?? How about Chang beer tattoo ????????

Some tatts so heavy inked just looks like solid black ink top to bottom. Always feel sorry for women especially attractive ones that ruin their bodies with this trendy rubbish.

Nothing cool about a thing if everyone doing the thing.

Media celebs not smart.. they will get and do the same stupid, inane tatts as the rest of the lemmings

Edited by SuperSilverHaze
  • Sad 1

On 3/8/2023 at 9:52 AM, Elkski said:

I don't have any ink.  I did watch some ink shows on tv and katvondee work was amazing art.   A gal like this is on my bucket list.  A foreigner on Koh Phi Phi

20221217_084419.jpg

20221217_091226.jpg

I think that's quite attractive and kinda sexy.

But.

Add a couple of kids and 20-30 years not so sure how it looks at that point!

On 3/8/2023 at 9:49 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Some people just can't handle anything that's out of their comfort zone. Tattoos are another one folks thing derogatorily of.  How does having a tattoo make one not a public figure or a public servant. So many people in positions of power here, even at the top dog spot,  and elsewhere have some ink on them.  

I knew a guy who applied to be a customs officer at the airport and he said as part of the application they had to swim a length in the pool wearing only trunks, no t-shirt.

They were all aware it was likely just to check for tats.