Pattaya Police Ban Airhorns at Bars Citing Noise Pollution

snoop1130

8 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

mute their airhorns

Pattaya Police Ban Airhorns

Nevada GoGo had the best Airhorns.

Taking all the fun out of a holiday.

Nothing better than blasting the horn and buying the girls on stage a drink.

Sadly the world is changing, like Pattaya.

The chicks are getting fatter and it used to be fun riding around after midnight knowing that the cops had gone to bed (long time ago).

Nevada was nice, opening at 1pm, on a hot day drinking a cold beer watching the pretties. It did get a lot of fat chicks in recent times. Oh well.

Lots of changes

Edited by Cricky
  • Thumbs Up 1

Air horns in a party atmosphere is what it is, why not start with the badly tuned smoke belching pick-ups, motorbikes with modified exhausts that you can hear for miles, baht busses peep peeping, eardrum popping advertising trucks....or is that all too simple?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Pattaya authorities have recently issued an official statement regarding the management and control of businesses within the Pattaya city area. The statement aims to prevent disturbances that may negatively impact the health of the public.

Of which there are numerous.

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

This seems to be a noise pollution country.  The cars and motorcycles are out of control.  The worst is any kind of music or verbal advertising on speakers cannot stand how the volume is always turned up.  For what?

Asians are noise addicted

Thailands law number 1. Anyone with a speaker can do whatever they want with it. If the user is a place of entertainment, they can legally harass as many local residents as they want at any time of the day. Complaints to the City Hall or the police are considered a disturbance.

Bangkok recently wanted to reduce noise on Khao San Road. Has anything changed? In Pattaya the rule always has been the more noisy open air entertainment venues the better. The "Ballermann" of Asia... Not correct - there you don't have so many sex businesses. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cricky said:

Taking all the fun out of a holiday.

Nothing better than blasting the horn and buying the girls on stage a drink.

It is also unclear if the horns may still be allowed in completely enclosed venues like gogos.

There's hope.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

After a crying baby, a barking dog is the 2nd most stress-inducing noise.

They have had a newborn next door to me and now keep the dogs quieter....  so I might swap those two!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Very true.. There NO place in Thailand where you will find a quiet spot.. People are screaming when they talk, TV's everywhere are on max volume, Shopping Malls as BIg C , Lotus etc have many different places in their shop that try to sell their stuff and than overall what should be background music, makes it a more like a club than a shop... Probably they never heard that soundpollution  will scare the customers off.

Than the open air parties almost every day somewhere.. Why turn on the music so loudly that sometimes we can't hear our own TV or that by the bass we hardly can sleep.. It happens in temples and public places, for weddings birthdays, and shows, cow races and also open air karaoke bars and just name it.. And than of course the stupid cars, with the advertisements, and in a few weeks of the parties for elections. Driving around the whole day... And as I write this at 6 00 in the morning there is someone already listen to the radio while I can hear inside my house... Complaining is no use as the police will always tell that everybody has a right to have a party, they have earn money etc.... No wonder that people shoot sometimes as sounds can make people crazy... It is used as a torture sometimes...

And than I don't even talk about the crazy driving motorcycles and cars, and the cars that have the music on that you can hear streets away

Wow, sounds like you live a depressing, miserable life with that story. 

Try living in a gated village, mine is perfect, only negative is a Arab living a few houses down, I reckon he's deaf, talks so loud. 

Edited by Cricky

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

Wow, sounds like you live a depressing, miserable life with that story. 

Try living in a gated village, mine is perfect, only negative is a Arab living a few houses down, I reckon he's deaf, talks so loud. 

I have built a house outside the city with views on the ricefields.... but indeed maybe in a city it is much more quit.

Excuse my ignorance, being a former country bumpkin from "up north", but why use an airhorn in a bar??? I presume it would be one of these:-

Mini Air Horn: A tiny version that really plays sound.

My only thought would be to drown the noise from dreadful, screeching and inebriated Thai floozies!!

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Very true.. There NO place in Thailand where you will find a quiet spot.. People are screaming when they talk, TV's everywhere are on max volume, Shopping Malls as BIg C , Lotus etc have many different places in their shop that try to sell their stuff and than overall what should be background music, makes it a more like a club than a shop... Probably they never heard that soundpollution  will scare the customers off.

Not a single day having this issue down south, but that is also why I moved south. The worst here is maybe once in 2 weeks the speaker truck for a Muay Thai fight, i like that.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

This seems to be a noise pollution country.  The cars and motorcycles are out of control.  The worst is any kind of music or verbal advertising on speakers cannot stand how the volume is always turned up.  For what?

The whine of entitled, self serving, self important delusional Farangs drowns out all other noise in Pattaya.

I haven't been to Pattaya for more than 10 years and I didn't notice any airhorns in the bars back then. Funnily enough it never entered my mind that Pattaya could really do with interjections of the horrible ear splitting noise that these things produce.

I have to wonder Why anyone would need or want them!

I don't go to bars. But perhaps someone can explain it to me. What happens if someone rings the bell or uses the horn?

Does he have to pay drinks for everyone on the dance floor, the whole staff or everyone in the bar?

Does he get a cost estimate before they start to serve the drinks and is there a way back to avoid the commitment?

Last question - what are the benefits of doing something like this? Will the girls love you more ???????????????????? = ???????????????????? ? Or what else? 

32 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

What happens if someone rings the bell or uses the horn?

Usually either everyone in the bar or more recently just the staff - depends what he agreed

33 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Does he get a cost estimate before they start to serve the drinks

No - which is why sometimes there is no choice and it is a shot so then he will have an idea

34 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Last question

What do you think.............

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Does he have to pay drinks for everyone on the dance floor, the whole staff or everyone in the bar?

Sometimes they have 2 bells, one for lady drinks and one bell for everyone in the bar.

I was in the bar early afternoon the other day, it was early, only a few girls so the guy rang the bell for ladies only.

He was billed for 18 lady drinks.

Some girls arrived, looked like they'd just woken up, the cleaners and cooks were there cashiers, and the lady owner had arrived.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, so does this apply to Monk and mosque speakers too ? 

I somehow doubt it........ 

Been much quieter in my village since the previous head Monk passed......