Steak for cooking at home

SidJames

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2023 at 3:35 AM, TheAppletons said:

https://paleorobbie.com/grocery#Steaks

Some nice NZ grass fed steaks as well as First Light wagyu aged steaks rated from MB3+ to MB6+.

Quick delivery, shipped by refrigerated truck courier in a couple of days and arrives in a cooler packed in dry ice.  

Could you tell me which courier service it was as I'm trying to find a refrigerated courier service. Thanks.

As suggested Villa Markets, Tops, Gourmet Market.   Definitely not online, as you can't see what your getting until received.

As long as you know how to cook a steak, properly, all is good.  If not, then spend the money on a good steakhouse restaurant.

Pretty hard to screw up a filet mignon, and tenderness may win over the extra fat flavor of say a ribeye with her.  Does with my wife.

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Pretty hard to screw up a filet mignon

I tend to agree with you on this .....   filet mignon is considered the rolls royce of steaks,  cook slowly with med-high temperature until medium cooked.  It is tender and delicious ...  imo

On 3/9/2023 at 8:12 PM, Yellowtail said:

People love ribeye, I've never been a fan. I like a good strip...

Me too. Rump steak is also generally overlooked, but very tasty and decently priced usually.

As long as you don't mind the hole in the middle.. ????

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Im finding a fail safe way to cook  is long and low in oven with tray of water.  2 hrs

You making roast beef, or a new way of braising ... ????

F F S, it's a steak.  Heat up the skillet (me-cast iron), put the damn steak in, turn every 1 minute, until internal temp is reaching (~50°C).  Rest 5 mins.  DONE

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

You making roast beef, or a new way of braising ... ????

<deleted>, it's a steak.  Heat up the skillet (me-cast iron), put the damn steak in, turn every 1 minute, until internal temp is reaching (~50°C).  Rest 5 mins.  DONE

No broiler? 

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No broiler? 

Nah, more control with skillet.  Reverse sear or sous vid, if patient, but results are about the same.  I've done all 3.  Reverse sear, when patient (rare), skillet are 1st & 2nd choice.  Don't Sous Vid anymore, no real benefit, and takes too long.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 12:43 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Sale of the week or have Tops padded the before price?

Chuck roll isn't exactly a prime cut and best used in stew.

20230622_102032.jpg

20230622_101358.jpg

Defo a padded price to grab the unaware but chuck is great for burgers which makes 890 relate to 222.50thb for a 1/4 pounder

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Steak neua is just 'beef steak'.

If I'm not mistaken, the word 'Neụ̄̂x' means 'meat'.... in much the same manner when in other parts of the world and we have a 'meat kebab' it can be lamb or beef, or a mixture of both....  perhaps that translation has some similar etymological basis...  

That said: In Thailand.. 'Neụ̄̂x' is commonly used to refer to beef, but there can be exceptions... 

But for certain... 'Neụ̄̂x' Steak...  does not specifically mean 'Fillet Steak' regardless of what google translate will tell you !!!!...