100,000 pages of evidence in 40 boxes - Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men - offices named

webfact

19 minutes ago, itsari said:

The practice of using agents when not all the requirements are met has been active for decades .

Big joke will not change anything on that line I am quite sure .

So why put himself in a position of being mocked if what you say is true? He's not a stupid man and I'm sure he's thought this through.

On 3/10/2023 at 7:31 AM, webfact said:

The investigation against 116 allegedly corrupt immigration police officers is moving apace. It involves the issuing of visas to foreigners.

If it's only myself and a few strange people thinking this is illegal then why is Big Joke Investigating not just the Chinese Grey market but the corrupt immigration officers who make what we are discussing an illegal act and bribery. Look at the original OP as it indicates other foreigners as well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, itsari said:

Only you and a few strange thinking people think it is illegal .

The practice of using agents when not all the requirements are met has been active for decades .

Big joke will not change anything on that line I am quite sure .

If it's only myself and a few strange people thinking this is illegal then why is Big Joke Investigating not just the Chinese Grey market but the corrupt immigration officers who make what we are discussing an illegal act and bribery. Look at the original OP as it indicates other foreigners as well.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Time will tell on who is right or wrong .

Mr Joke is not after small fish.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So why put himself in a position of being mocked if what you say is true? He's not a stupid man and I'm sure he's thought this through.

Mocked?

His main worry is being sacked again I would think.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Thailand takes corruption cases very seriously and on conviction officers could face years behind bars.

Corruption in Thailand carries the death penalty.

Penalties for officials demanding or accepting bribes

A person who abuses public power through coercion, or accepts an inducement to act or not to act, faces penalties of imprisonment for a term of five years to 20 years, or imprisonment for life, and a fine of 100,000 to 400,000 baht, or death.

When is Big Joke going clean-out Pattaya/Jomtien of foreigners on non-o visas/extensions (on retirement or marriage) who don't have the necessary funds in the bank or monthly income to qualify and use agents?

Lots of agents in town send the passports to Northeastern Thailand to get visas/extensions.

17 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Have to say that I completely agree with you.  This could actually make the visa/extension process easier as the artificial barriers and I.O.'s deliberately making things difficult might stop - at least for a while.

Wishful thinking on your part

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It’s an incremental process, slow but sure. There’s no telling what Big Jok has his sights on. I’d sure hate to be one that wakes up day to big surprise because of choosing a shortcut path.
Empirically it appears there is a big-no-joke warning for the shortcuter’s to not procrastinate and get it together ????

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, novacova said:

warning for the shortcut(t)er’s to not procrastinate and get it together ????

Too late now. I "got it together" and left Thailand just before borders closed due to Covid-19. Sincere thanks to local Thai Immigration "agents" for my retirement visa extensions. Ironically here in Cambodia, one has to use an official agent (usually a travel shop) because you do not deal with Immigration itself. Very simple, hassle free and no corruption. If you do not have 300$US you do not get your annual visa extension (multiple re-entries included). 

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, itsari said:

Wishful thinking on your part

Nope, I don't need a visa or an extension. But as with corrupt traffic police, I'd never pay them if I did need a visa - far too much at stake to risk anything like that. Just not worth it - unless you don't mind losing everything and heading back to the rain and snow.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Corruption in Thailand carries the death penalty.

Really ?  care to give a recent example of this happening ?  Are you actually  suggesting that anybody using an agent should be put in front of a firing squad!   That is taking things to a whole new level  and  no doubt that would make sanctimonious types like you very happy. 

If you think that removing the option for others  to use agents will make anything easier for you when seeking an extension then you are deluded.

Not only that, but you like many others in this thread seem to have difficulties integrating into the Thai style of life. 

Any foreigner wishing  grief on others due to Visa issues is beyond the pale in my opinion, akin to a "grass" in prison.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/10/2023 at 5:15 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Your hilarious. You better do some research on the new LTR visas issued by the BOI.  Lists of requirements and proof needed can be found on the website, no fudging to be done or its denied. No paying until approved. 50k Thb for a 10 year visa.

Ahem! One other condition:
"High earners must have proof of personal income of at least USD 80,000 annually at the time of application."

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

There’s no telling what Big Jok has his sights on

As stated above.
Comprehension reading level of many here is very poor. Presupposes? 

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

You, like all the other doom merchants actually have no idea where this is going, therefore Its just wishful thinking on your part isn't it.    What is it with you people ? Why are you  trying to scare others ?  Nothing better to do?

What’s with posters as above? Why do they come off as angry old cantankerous grouches and lack the ability to make a point with civility. Nothing better to do? Lack mental hygiene? Upsetting isn’t it?????????????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1