Unwanted Calls

KannikaP

I keep getting calls on my phone and now Whats App from a certain financial/insurance broker in Bangkok whos name is similar to a Beatles album.

When I start asking for my number to be removed from their data base, they hang up. 

What can I do to prevent this please?

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Let It Be... Naked

(That really is a Beatles album, released in 2003).

image.png

And better than the Phil Spector abomination. Sorry, we are getting off topic.

3 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

When was the last time you got an important call from an unknown number ?

So what if it was my hospital or dentist or whatever, using a different phone.

As I said, you do not know if it important or not until you answer it.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Tell them right away you are not interested and hang up.

Don't waste any time with them.

The problem will eventually go away.

I don't even answer. I have a fairly short list of 'legitimate' callers. Any number that is not on that list gets 'ignored' and 'blocked' using my facility phones for that.

Wasting ones time shouting at them is just that, a complete waste of time. Call centre operatives are used to that and just shrug it off and move on the the next number.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I don't even answer. I have a fairly short list of 'legitimate' callers. Any number that is not on that list gets 'ignored' and 'blocked' using my facility phones for that.

Wasting ones time shouting at them is just that, a complete waste of time. Call centre operatives are used to that and just shrug it off and move on the the next number.

Why shout? And why for a whole minute.

Thanks, I am not interested. Hang up. Maybe 5 seconds.

I receive lots of deliveries and the delivery drivers call me. Ignoring all unknown calls doesn't make sense for me.

let them run through their spiel .....   then say '    sorry I didn't quite catch that could you repeat that ....  it's a bad connection,   then say it again '   sorry I'm having trouble catching what your saying '  ....

haha ......  they'll soon stop calling you.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, steven100 said:

let them run through their spiel .....   then say '    sorry I didn't quite catch that could you repeat that ....  it's a bad connection,   then say it again '   sorry I'm having trouble catching what your saying '  ....

haha ......  they'll soon stop calling you.

I took a similar approach to this and it worked, and have not had any unsolicited investment calls for a few years since.

Although I told him I was recently financially bankrupt, feeling suicidal, family had left and then I asked him for a loan. No call since.

• Haha 2

On 3/10/2023 at 10:23 AM, KannikaP said:

I keep getting calls on my phone and now Whats App from a certain financial/insurance broker in Bangkok whos name is similar to a Beatles album.

When I start asking for my number to be removed from their data base, they hang up. 

What can I do to prevent this please?

Hit the red "reject call" and you'll never have to speak to them.  Answering their calls is what they want, even if you just want to tell them to remove your name.   They won't do that because they more than likely paid for the list that your name is on.